New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

renau1g

First Post
Crag's eyes snap open and he walks towards Ezren in an almost trance-like state, the vision of the earthen staff before him as much as the rest of the tavern is.

"Ezren. I will champion your cause! Just lead me in the direction of your woes and I will put a stop to it. I only humbly ask that you allow me to take my companions with me," Crag says, motioning to Ingot, Dorn, and Skalisss, as he takes a seat near the old man.

"Excellent. Have a seat, I must study you while we wait. Your construction is....truly wondrous, you are like nothing I've ever seen before. Huh...oh, your companions, well that depends I will evaluate each on their merits first and foremost." the wizard replies, staring long and hard at the warforged.

Rrek shakes his head, feeling a little fuzzy at the moment from all of the strange happenings in the Tavern.

He looks over at the old man, "You wouldn't happen to know anything about planar travel would you?"

[sblock=OOC]Willing to join your adventure, but Rrek is a 2nd character as well as a defender so I'm thinking I should probably wait for another adventure without a defender... Seems to be happening a lot recently:p Maybe I should have made a Githerazi Cleric;)[/sblock]

"Of course I'm versed in planar travel, what would you like to know.?" Ezren replies.

"Sssir Ezren, I am an ally of Craig and ssskilled with the sssword. I may be of ssservice if needed. Call me Skalisss" announces the blue Dragonborn.

[SBLOCK=OOC] R1, Skalisss is now 3rd level, and a Defender as you know. Your call on selection, there are probably plenty of 2nd level characters available.[/SBLOCK]

"You are also a fantastic specimen my draconic friend. I will need time to think on the prospective candidates, you may find little of challenge in this particular venture, but we'll see" the wizard says.

[sblock=ooc]
Well... there's not too many around right now Skalisss so I'd rather take you on and turn the the difficulty dial up 1 or 2 more than leave with less people. That being said there's currently 3 defenders (Skalisss, Crag, & Rrek, 1 striker (Dorn), and 1 leader (Ingot). I don't think there's anyone else in the tavern is there? Well, besides Kal's other PC, Mikara and she can't come.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Holy defenders!...take the pun how you will] 3 defenders, one striker, and one leader would mean a ton of hit points, not so much damage, and a bit of healing to spread between us. That could be rather interesting. It could also potentially be really awesome, as the badguys would pretty much be forced to deal with a defender, lol. And if one defender is in trouble, the other two could handle the crowd for a round and let him catch his breath. I'm kinda liking this idea! [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag nods to the old man and sits there silently, the vision of the broken staff before him as the old man scrutinizes his construction.

"I am sure that my companions will meet with your expectations. They fought bravely with me on an island monastery not far from here. We were witness to the rebirth of the dragon Ershahz, who these monks were protector to after Three Hammers was able to place a spell upon a gem that kept the dragonling within it and preventing evil from touching its' heart. My companions and I protected that gem with our very lives, and I believe they were rewarded with being able to see this rebirth because of their efforts. The choice, however, still rests with you, no matter how I state my case."

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ingot is interested, I will post IC later tonight.
I haven't gotten around to making level 2 Ingot, I'll try to get that done tonight as well.[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
"You are also a fantastic specimen my draconic friend. I will need time to think on the prospective candidates, you may find little of challenge in this particular venture, but we'll see" the wizard says.

"Asss you wisssh, M'Lord" responds Skalisss with a nod. He then waits for a decision patiently. Glad to see his companions gathered he would relish the opportunity to journey with them again and face new challenges.

Reklaw

First Post
Rrek shakes himself from his reverie, "First question, what plane is this and what is the relationship with the planes around it? Is it hypothetically possible for the planes to cross, creating a gateway between planes? Or perhaps this should be a discussion of dimensions..."

[sblock=Interested!]Definitely interested in the adventure, should be fun to have all of the defenders... Just need to pull some more damage in so we can finish our fights;)

Changed speech color since Crag already had that.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Rrek shakes himself from his reverie, "First question, what plane is this and what is the relationship with the planes around it? Is it hypothetically possible for the planes to cross, creating a gateway between planes? Or perhaps this should be a discussion of dimensions..."

[sblock=Interested!]Definitely interested in the adventure, should be fun to have all of the defenders... Just need to pull some more damage in so we can finish our fights;)

Changed speech color since Crag already had that.[/sblock]

"Hmmm.... you must've taken quite the bump on your head not to know what plane you are in, gith. This is known to us as The World, I've also heard it called the core, the Material Plane, and the Natural World. In addition there are the Parallel Planes, Inextricably linked to the natural world, the Feywild or Plane of Faerie and the Shadowfell or Plane of Shadow. Then, of course there are the Fundamental Planes, The mortal world and its parallel planes exist between two great infinite expanses—the Astral Sea and the Elemental Chaos. The Astral Sea is dotted with smaller planes called astral dominions, the Elemental Chaos with elemental realms. All astral dominions are clearly delineated from the surrounding fundamental plane. These are planes in every sense of the term. Some are the domains of deities. Others were abandoned or had their inhabitants and structures destroyed long ago. In the vastness of the Elemental Chaos lie scores of elemental realms. Some of these, such as the Abyss, are differentiated enough from the surrounding elemental maelstrom to be planes within a plane. Others are specific locales within the chaos. After that there are a near infinite number of Demiplanes. Demiplanes are places that exist outside the fundamental planes. Each was created by artifice at some point in the past, since they do not naturally occur. Many demiplanes exist, but only a few are known by more than a handful of individuals. Finally, the cosmology includes some planes whose exact nature is not clear. A few of those are The Far Realm and The Plane of Dreams, although we are not familiar enough with them to postulate much on their composition. Although many places in the planes are impossibly distant from the mortal world, the mortal world is riddled with rifts in the fabric of reality and hidden planar doorways. There are even rumours of those rifts being located in and around this fair island, although one must be cautious of the bard's tales." Ezren replies without taking a breath, his excitement at the discussion of planar travel evident.

[sblock=ooc]
Well, it's true that defenders aren't going to outdamage, say Dextyr's crew, but Ingot does some fairly decent damage with his fullblade , and Dorn alos mowed through my minions like they were nothing. Like I said, I'm cool with running with this group. Although we should leave 1 defender for Fragsie's game.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag sits there, completely dumbfounded at all of the very high level arcane talk of other planes and only manages to catch enough of what the old man was saying to get an idea that he was a very small fish in a very large pond. Crag would be thankful if he understood the fact that the laws of nature which guide his very being and create the stuff of which he has a bond with were trapped within this "small" realm which the old man had called the Material Plane.

Crag is rather impressed in the fact that the Gith was able to keep up with the old man's statements, as evidence by the non-deer-in-the-headlights look that the intelligent Gith had upon it's face during the old mans' rather exhilarating (at least to him) speech.

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot has been sitting quietly at Crag's table for quite some time. Its eyelights have been dim and flickering. To any expressions of concern, it has answered quietly, "I am fine. I am... processing my experiences..."

When the stranger enters the bar and Crag approaches him, Ingot slowly rouses itself, its eyelights returning to normal. After a few more moments it also stands and joins its fellow warforged companion. Waiting for a break in the discussion of planar theory, it says, "Hello, I am Ingot. You are looking for help with a mission of some kind? I would like to hear more about what experiences this mission may offer, but I am ready to stand with Crag in any case. If he wishes to help, I will help too. I am a servant of Vulkar and have a number of skills that may be useful."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases