New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Reklaw

First Post
"But how do you know that this is truly the material plane and not instead some god's dream which has created a plane? Or perhaps this is truly someone's personal hell, a plane created for their sole punishment and everyone here is just a product of that? Hypothetically -- Nevermind that, I fell into this plane... Or perhaps dimension... Or perhaps dream... Anyways, I fell into this place from the Astral Sea. I was--I tripped... It was near a godcorpse but there was no remaining magic, so I don't think that had anything to do with it..."

Rrek sighs, "Maybe we should continue this on our journey?"

[sblock=OOC]I'm good with going or staying, think this adventure is a good fit for Rrek but I've got Drivan in an adventure right now so I can wait![/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara pouts as her red-skinned goblin friend walks away from her to join the specter that appeared before them. Looking around, she sees a couple of warforged talking to an old man, but decides not to even bother... what fun could a couple of metal guys without anatomy be?

Looking around the Inn she spots a bounty on the wall for the death of a group of adventurers; Mikara was good, but she seriously doubted that she could take on a group of more than two or three at once. That wasn't her bag. She preferred a single target, all alone, just waiting for her to take their life. Yeah, it's not a straight up fight, but the challenge of getting through any obstacles without being spotted and getting to her target without being known is what got her going.

Mikara sighs and orders another Spider's Kiss, but drinks this one slowly, scoping out the rest of the bar and hoping that something fun would turn up. Work or Pleasure was all the same to her, as both were equally exciting and got her heart pumping. If only it would come soon, dangit!

Dekana

Explorer
The door of the tavern swings open and in walks a leather-clad lizardling. The kobold stops just inside the entryway and scans the interior, his head darting suddenly from side to side as he observes each customer. He then walks to the bar with one claw cautiously resting on his sheathed dagger. The kobold stops at the counter and, with considerable effort, leaps to the top of one of the stools.

When the tavern wench comes around, he states in short, bark-like yelps, "Something hot. And cheap, yes?"

While waiting for his meal, the kobold glances at the wanted poster that drow girl is standing in front of. Until the softskin walks away however, he remains perched on his stool.

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara spots the small lizard-like creature and decides to have a little bit of fun with him. Jax can see Mikara standing there, idly looking at the wanted poster when one of the other patrons walks by. When the patron passes her, Mikara is no longer standing there. In fact, there's no trace of her being anywhere close. Until, that is, Jax feels a tap on the shoulder and can see Mikara standing right beside him with a wide grin on her face.

"Hi! I'm Mikara. Who are you?"

renau1g

First Post
The old man with the group of warforged and the githyanki waves over the kobold, interrupting Mikara's interruption. "You there, little one, come have a seat. You are in need of coin yes?" he asks pointedly

[sblock=Dekana]
This crew needs a striker so you're in luck
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
On feeling Mikara's tap, the kobold yelps in alarm and, in a flash, hops underneath his stool to hide between the bars. A few seconds pass, and the reptile pokes his head out from the seat to get a better look at the drow.

"Umm... Jax! I did not take anything yet." The old man then calls for the kobold. So much attention so quickly! Jax remains where he is momentarily, looking back and forth between the two tallfolk, trying to guess their intentions. However, the mention of coin instantly grabs his attention. He nimbly slides past the stool legs and backs up toward the old man's table, careful not to turn his back to the dark woman. Jax bumps into the table before finally turning around and again leaping onto a seat.

"Oh yes. You have work? Pay coin? Jax is your kobold then. I open any door you want. Maybe you need something taken back? Or just taken?" Each staccato sentence comes out as something of a barking noise.

renau1g

First Post
"Ah, excellent. I do in fact need something retrieved for me. You can open doors? Ah, yes your kind is so wonderfully resourceful. My name is Ezren by the way" the man claps his hands excitedly then looks around at the adventurers.

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so defenitely taking Crag, Ingot, Jax, and Dorn. I've asked Fragsie to make a spot for Skalisss and if that's the case I'll take Rrek. So hopefully we can get it moving tomorrow.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Having yet another plaything taken from her, Mikara's brow furrows and she sits on her stool fuming. Her already red eyes seem to glow with angry malice that is directed at nothing in particular, and everything that gets in her sights.

"Doesn't ANYONE want to play with me!? I won't bite...hard. I promise!"

Pulling out a dagger, she twirls it between her fingers and lets it spin in her palm before sheathing it, unsheathing it and starting over again. She does this repetitively while waiting for someone to either walk in the door or beckon her.

Crag nods at the kobold as he takes a seat and then wonders to himself how we would protect one so small...

"Greetings, small one. I am Crag. Please tell me, Jax was it?, what you do. How do you handle yourself in a fight? I just need to know so that Terra and I can anticipate your needs on the battle field. It is nice to meet you, by the way."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases