New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I think Fragsie's campaign could use a healer, but it is up to him the level of the character coming in. I don't want us to be overpowered, but there isn't a lot of healing to go around.[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
The door to the outside opens, and a young man enters. His trepidation is visible to any aware observer. His cheap robes cover dinged and battered chain that drapes his slight frame, and he carries a bag of unknown contents.

He glances at the bartender. "None for me, friend, unless you have a stock of good fresh milk."

His eyes sweep down the bar and out into the room, lingering for a moment and widening as they spot the 3-skulled creature. "Excuse me, sir, but I've never seen anything like you before. From where do you..... DEAR SWEET APOLI!" His jaw nearly hits the floor and his eyes bug out of his skull. His voice is animated for the first time since he entered, and the trepidation is gone. He begins to babble to no one in particular: "That's a black dragon's head on the wall! I've spent too long behind the walls of the order- who killed that beast? Will they take me? Black dragons spit poison! They're very dangerous- I hope no one was hurt! What was its name? Did the adventurers find its writings? Dragon organs are sought after for rituals- did they take those? What about the claws? Did it have minions? Was there a cult around it yet? I wish the dragon slayers had come to Apoli's house.. I would have blessed them!"

He takes a deep breath and smooths down his robes. "Not that... not that I'm new to adventuring. I'm Brother Shane, and I pray with the best of them. Who'll have a priest?"

[sblock=ooc]
Looks like Fragsie could use a leader still. As much as I'd like to hang out with johnmeier some more, I think Shane might be better with Fragsie's crew. :) [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara slides over to the priest, walking with silken steps, to appear as a shadow gliding across the ground. Pressing herself against his worn chain, she whispers into his ear.

"I've never had a priest before... tell me, is it true what they say about priests and their robes? Do you truly wear...nothing underneath them? You asked if anyone would have a priest... just how far does that offer go?"

Mikara begins running a finger over the links in his chain mail, making it obviously apparent that she intents to continue along a lower path if he doesn't do something to stop her.

Tinwe

First Post
"Please."
He grasps her wrist firmly, not even looking at her.
"Why is it that wanna-be 'bad girls' always go for the holy men? Don't you understand that you're hardly the first to try that? If I were looking for tight leather and dimly-lit fumbling, I'd have stayed back in the village."

He turns to face her, finally.
"I've got plans, and there are other ways for you to prove what a bad little girl you are. Why don't you go try and find one?"

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikaras' eyes burn and even more crimson red from being so bluntly spurned. The cleric can feel the shadows on his body creeping towards the more vulnerable points of his body. It feels like a pointed sliver of ice standing on end, pricking his skin ever so slightly and running a chill down his spine.

"A simple 'no thank you' would have been enough... Watch your back, priest... you never know when a shadow might be there to show you how much of a "wanna-be" she is."

Taking a single step forward, the drow blends into the priests shadow, reappearing next to the skull lord and flirting once again with Ted.

Mikara mumbles under her breath. "Ted may be a bone head... but at least he knows when to appreciate a view..."

Fragsie

Explorer
...And you wouldn't want me to get this pretty face all scared up, now would you?" she says flirtatiously with a wink.
"Well, you know, a few well placed scars could actually make you all that much prettier; I'd be happy to oblige?" This time Fred and Ned actually laugh at Ted's advances.
"Lord Skull, I am Skalisss, perhaps I could aid in this search?" he says with complete confidence.
"Certainly, a dragonborn warrior would probably be of great help..." Ned begins.
"...As we said; the gladiators are quite capable warriors, and if they are disabled, you'd need a few strong arms to carry them home." A sly chuckle escapes Fred's teeth.
"Excuse me, sir, but I've never seen anything like you before. From where do you..... "
"We come from the TURTLEDOME!, created by our glorious leader Mr. Pinch, exactly how you would have to ask him, though I doubt he would tell you."
He takes a deep breath and smooths down his robes. "Not that... not that I'm new to adventuring. I'm Brother Shane, and I pray with the best of them. Who'll have a priest?"
"A priest of some kind was on the list...." Fred takes a piece of parchment from his pocket and scans it. "There will be a tactician meeting up with you later; a representative of the city..."
"We at TURTLEDOME! want to be assured that our missing 'monsters' do not cause a relations issue with Daunton."
"After all; we've had sooooo much fun since we got here!" Ted says knowingly.
. "Ted may be a bone head... but at least he knows when to appreciate a view..."
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
"Heh, indeed I do!" The skull lord attempts to put his arm around the provocative woman's waist.

[sblock=OOC]I'm more worried about the group being under-powered, but I suppose I can always downscale the encounters a bit. We stand at:

• Mikara - lvl 1 Drow Assassin (Striker)
  • Ceryx - lvl 1 Deva Avenger (Striker)
  • Skalisss - lvl 3 Dragonborn Paladin (Defender)
  • Brother Shane - lvl 1 Human Cleric (Healing Leader)
  • Andrec - lvl 3 Human Warlord (Buffing Leader)
One space left open, either a controller of another defender would be good. Really needs to be lvl 2 or 3.[/sblock]

LadyJane

First Post
The doors to the tavern swing open and a short, boxom woman with reddish brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, lightly freckled cheeks and lucid pale green eyes enters the bar. She is clad in a baggy rust colored robe open enough to reveal a white corset confining an ample bustline and flattening what would otherwise be a protruding stomache with dust-caked brown boots worn from travel, in her hand is a weathered staff wich she leaves at the door to the bouncer along with the name 'Tessa'.

Tessa eyes the ecclectic crowd nervously before approaching an empty stool and waving the 'keep over to call out over the din for a glass of hard cider to wash the dust from her throat. Tessa would keep an ear out for any promising oppertunities that sounded promising knowing that there were blessings sometimes wrought from the dirt, threat and clamour of such an enterprising place.

Tinwe

First Post
His eyes follow her, blinking as she disappears and refocusing as she reappears next to the skull-thing. A neat trick, that... I wonder why I've never read about it. I wonder how she did it? Someone who moves like...

He gives a little shake of the head.

"It's better for both of us that I was firm. You know you would have kept trying if I had said 'No thank you', as you suggest, and I can't have that. Rejection may sting for a moment, but in the end it is better than the alternatives."

He shifts his gaze to the skull-thing.
"Mr. Pinch, is it? Maybe someday I'll get the chance to ask him about you."

Tenchuu

First Post
"Sounds like a grand adventure! I will see if any others in this tavern are daring enough for the task"

"Very good," Byron said, "But first, tell me more about yourself. It's always good business to know your partners."

As they talked, Tessa made her entrance. "Wil, talk to her. Maybe she will be interested."

[sblock=LadyJane]If you are interested, the original Job post is here. (p.30, #598 if the link doesn't work)

ryryguy is tentatively signed on as a Druid Controller (pending character sheet creation), but I'll take on a second.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure: Lord Byron's Economic Woes]
Controller = ryryguy? (druid)
Leader = johnmeier1: Wil Rando (Half-Elf Bard)

Need a Striker and a Defender. Definitely need at least one of them.

I can still take two or three more level 1-2 players.
[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
"So, I see that we have 3 for our retrieval. I believe one more should be sufficient. Preferably one who can mend the body. It would be such a pain to trek the world, find these missing individuals, only to see any wounds they have been inflicted with shall take their lives before we may return them to..." he stops dead in his tracks. "To....I'm sorry sir, but I'm don't believe I can keep all three of your names straight. And for that matter, I do not believe I have caught anyone's name here. I'm Ceryx." And with that, he puts a hand towards the group, but no one in particular.

[sblock=OOC]I know there's a buffing leader coming, but if we're leaving with 5, and no real healer of sorts, we might be in for a long journey.[/sblock]

Remove ads