New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

LadyJane

First Post
OOC: Sorry im new to these forums and dont know how to drop down those button links, but I would be interested in joining (level 1 wizard)

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara turns from Ted, Fred, and Ned and takes the devas hand in hers, staring into his eyes.

"It's nice to meet you Ceryx, I'm Mikara."

mohalloran

First Post
"Mikara, you say? I do say, I don't believe I've traveled with one of your kind for longer than I can remember. You really should think about less form-fitting clothes. You are moving around in the shadows one minute and parading yourself around the second. Very interesting indeed. Oh, I'm sorry. I seem to have gotten ahead of myself."

With that Ceryx turns to the priest. "It seems in my haste, I did not include you in the party count. What is your name good sir?"

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, how likely is it that a leader or defender over level 1 will actually come into the tavern anytime soon? And how necessary is the level 2/3 leader? Not trying to push you Fragsie. But just wondering out loud.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Wow. What a party for Mikara to join. So far, we have (possibly) a celibate priest, an asexual Deva, a dragonborn Paladin (with unknown desires...but really wouldn't we all love to see a dragonborn/drow lovefest?). At least things should get a little more interesting with a human Warlord coming in. :) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=ooc]First off, Thanks to Fragsie for throwing the IC mention for me, it's appreciated. My current adventure seems to be about one encounter from done, and I'm really looking forward to this adventure, especially with some of the characters I see signed up.
Just to clarify on healing: Andrec's healing sucks. I have Inspiring word and one other thing, but my main ability is to grant free melee basic attacks to my allies. I don't know if a Level-1 Cleric will be much weaker than a level-3, I'd personally (if I get a vote) say leave it up to Tinwe to decide whether or not he's leader enough to cover us. Andrec's sheet is in my sig, for reference. [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil smiles at Tessa as she takes a seat and quickly nods towards Lord Byron before going over to join her. He is a tall, handsome half-elf who carries a large bow across his back and wears new, unblemished chainmail.

"My lady, let me tell you a tale of woe that befalls my friend over there. His trade has been ransacked on the transitive island of Isceald. He has offered good pay to those who would aid him. I am interested mainly for the adventure and the hunt.

[sblock=LadyJane] Welcome to play by post. To get these notes you just use the format (leave out the quotes and spaces) "[" sblock "=" the title "]" and close them "[" /sblock "]"
We are still waiting on two more characters to round out the party, but it isn't BAD to have more than one controller in a group. I am playing a leader.
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] Streetwise from the story roll 1d20+6=13 is not enough for Lord Byron[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]We have garyh's 2nd lvl warforged druid; Growl, on board once he has finished up in Blight Makes Right, which Two Heads Barking has told me should be within the next few days. I'll count you in for definite Tinwe, that means we have a full compliment! We'll hang out here at the tavern until Growl turns up, take the opportunity to RP and let your characters get to know one another's tactics in battle.[/sblock]

"Why don't you each tell us a little about your prowess in battle?" Ned asks the assembled adventurers.

[sblock=Passive Perception 15]
"I guess they didn't hear that slip of the tongue hey?" whispers Fred.
"Good thing too, we don't want to put them off, as long as they think they're just after some buffed up humans it's an easy sell!"[/sblock]

Last edited:

mohalloran

First Post
Ceryx stops his talking almost immediately and turns to Ted, Fred, and Ned. All humor is lost from his face and any sense of friendliness has seemed to have dropped from his body language and there is a sense that the wrong words could have major consequences.

"So, we're not after some buffed up humans after all? And exactly what are these 'monsters' that you were referring to earlier. I had planned on letting it slide earlier, but if these creatures are vastly superior to humans, I do not know how willing I am to walk into a dragon's lair or anything like this. So, once again, what kind of monsters are these?"

Fragsie

Explorer
"Oh dear, We should have kept our mouths shut about that... Nothing like a dragon; we wouldn't send you to certain death..."
"True, true, calm yourself deva, the missing gladiators are four Minotaurs; they are one of the most experienced of our gladiator bands down at TURTLERDOME!."

LadyJane

First Post
Tessa was stiing down drinking her cider, ignoring the din save for the mention of the name 'Turtledome' cresting above the noice and jarring her ears, a pained look on her face. When soon after she notices a tall handsome man with sylvanesque features approach her, his equipment unlike her's, was shined and kept well, a bow slung over his back as if he was prepared for the worst.

Tessa listened to the man's diatribe and smiled up at him even though her eyes remained looking down, she nodded and looked over at Lord Byron before returning her gaze to the half-elfin lad. "Good pay you say?" she asked, "Thats enough for me although I do 'ery well think this is a better way to use my talents, you see I am a student of the magical arts, and I shall be lendin' em to you and your friend as ye wish" her voice was thick with a highland accent. "Th' names Tessa, Tessa Tressd'n." as she offered a hand with short thick fingers.

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara, also hearing that little quip from the skull lord heads releases their grip on her waist by entering his shadow, appearing next to the Deva with a scowl and her hands on her hips.

"Minotaurs!? That is NO easy task you ask of us. I sure hope your boss doesn't expect to pay us with a light purse. One horn-head will cost you. Four horn-heads will cost significantly more. What is your boss's offer as far as payment is concerned?"

Remove ads