New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
The quiet words of Psais ring loudly in Shorrin's ears. He quietly stands and moves to the daeva's table. "My name is Shorrin, son of Jagar. May I sit with you?"

He stands motionless and unthreatening, waiting for the quiet daeva to speak again.

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais looks the dragonborn warrior over; taking in the details of his appearance, then gestures to a vacant chair with a small nod. A smile lets Shorrin know that the deva welcomes his company.

"You have an answer to my question?"

renau1g

First Post
A man, clad in ragged black cloak and holds a staff in one hand and a backpack with a longbow attached to it in the other, enters the tavern and seeks out an empty table and sits down at it and put his belongings at the side of the table. The man then looks up and says, "I am Zharne and I am looking for work that pays well"

[sblock=Ozy]
Thought Zharne was an elf?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Well met newcomers! I am Murphy Tang, for those who don't know me. We've also recently returned from adventure and seek to find another righteous cause. the human says, gesturing to Janus, Shorrin, and Larinza, "It is good to have some companionship to relax away the rigors of the 'life' that we follow. Although, I wouldn't mind gettin out there and gettin' me a few more coins for me purse neither" he continues.

Ozymandias79

First Post
Zharne removes his hood revealing the distinctive features of an elf then responds to Murphy, "well met to you too, Murphy Tang, and your friends is also well met", the elf raises his cup of wine towards Janus, Shorrin and Larinza.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin nods in Murphy's direction. At least one of his companions seemed excited to see him again.

He turned to Psais, "I have no real answer for you Psais. It seems more likely that I will raise more questions. I shall, if you wish to hear it, explain why I adventure. I shall attempt to explain why I act as I do, and why my fears to not translate to battle. All with your permission of course."

changer

First Post
Janus looks up from his mulled wine as the hubub of the common room increases. He smiles at his friends as they look over and nods greetings to the new comers.

All can see this is a man with a lot on his mind. He seems to be trying to come to terms with something, something dire indeed.

renau1g

First Post
Murphy will move next to his wizard companion leaning in close

[sblock=Janus]
"Ye be all right there Janus? It don't be takin' no scholar to be seein' yer grappling with something. It ain't got nothing ta do with the Spire does it? Is there anythin' that yer ol' pal Murphy can be helpin' with?" he whispers
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
The door swings open again, and a muscular halfling enters the room. He is clad in armor that seems to have been crafted from the hide of a crocodile, and two leather-wrapped hilts are visible over his shoulders. Nodding stiffly to the assembled people, he says in accented Common, "I greet you. I am Gellan, called Bonesaw by my people. I am on a quest for my people, and I need money to continue."

[sblock=OOC]Gellan is brand new, just submitted for approval. I'm really looking forward to trying out the Whirling Slayer barbarian style.[/sblock]

Remove ads