New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

garyh

First Post
Growl nods at the newcomer. "My name Growl. I was built to shift as I do, but some of the strength of nature, as you say, also became a part of me, much to my creators' surprise. I was an experiment. I do not know if any others with my talent were produced. Given how I turned out, likely not."

Ecce

First Post
[sblock=ooc]All I can think of is Transformers: Beast Wars or whatever it was.

Hooks: Decepticons, man.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"As I don't know anything about your kind, I must know less than you about the subject. But what I'm wondering is if you really have the powers given by the forces of nature or if it is only a mimic of it. Without offense, I wonder how something so unnatural could wield the strength of nature. After all, you were created, not born." tells Feyr. "But sometimes, the gods do things I cannot understand and only watch, so it is a possibility."

garyh

First Post
[sblock=ooc]All I can think of is Transformers: Beast Wars or whatever it was.

Hooks: Decepticons, man.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Absolutely my inspiration. I loved Beast Wars. :)[/sblock]

"As I don't know anything about your kind, I must know less than you about the subject. But what I'm wondering is if you really have the powers given by the forces of nature or if it is only a mimic of it. Without offense, I wonder how something so unnatural could wield the strength of nature. After all, you were created, not born." tells Feyr. "But sometimes, the gods do things I cannot understand and only watch, so it is a possibility."

"My creators meant to merely mimic, as you say," Growl replies. "But two spirits entered this form when I was brought online - the Allarian soldier's spirit common to all of my type, and a primal bear spirit that was not intended. It was long before I was able to be at peace with the two parts of myself. But I assure you, my abilities, though originally meant to be only skin deep, are now granted and enhanced by nature's true power."

Dunamin

First Post
The Concert - Part 2

Catein watches this display of ego with disinterest. Rhole feels he's being judged harshly by the man made of chains, but it's probably a feeling he's used to... well, the "being judged harshly" part, not the "man made of chains" part.

When the little gargoyle comes by with its hat, Catein says, "I will not pay to be unwillingly exposed to such a display. Move on to your next victim."
Rock gives out a frightful yelp under the chain-man’s disapproving stare and hides under a chair. When Catein has made his way to other warforged, however, the stone devil sticks its tongue out and blows a raspberry his way.

Up on the “stage”, Rhole finishes off another song with a (self-perceived) grandiose display. It somehow involves the gnome hopping around on one foot while jamming on his hair strings, which unfortunately turn out to seem more like an unsuccessful game of high-paced hopscotch.

When the music has come to an end and (very modest) applause settled down, Rock makes its way back to pull at its master’s sleeve. It whispers eagerly in his ear and points a pebble-finger at the table with multiple warforged and a bladeling (and Adran). Rhole smiles and nods back.

“This next song of flair and fanfare goes out to tonight’s shiny and reflecting gentlemen! … And, uh, possibly ladies. Hard to say.”

Somewhere above the drum set a pair of focused lights starts up, beaming down on the table with metallic patrons. Rhole jumps and skids to relocate the stage just next to that very spotlight, with flying drums hot on his heels.

“May you never rust and your plates be always polished!”

The duo bows deeply to all those seated at the neighboring table, then kicks into a slow and heavy beat with their string-instruments. The song has a decidedly more grave and serious tune, with less psychedelic riffs from the Great Ultra-Intense Thundering Audio Ripper and more emphasis on the deep tones from Rock’s four-stringed instrument.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17THvnEdQJQ"]Thematically appropriate music![/ame]

Voda Vosa

First Post
A githyanki mage enters the tavern, muttering something under his breath. He doesn't seem much friendly. The wizard pass by Soldier and salutes him "I see you are repaired my friend... I'll see to repair myself too" with that the githyanki leaves the room, as he takes his tired body and heavy tunic upstairs.

Erekose13

Explorer
Not far behind his friend Mri'Thas, an elderly human enters the Hanged Man. He is of average height and build with short gray hair and a thin well kept beard. He wears a well tailored blue jacket with small golden embroidery around the cuffs and collar and likewise comfortable but fashionable pants and boots as well as a pair of embroidered gloves and a red rose in his pocket. He carries his mage staff with him where ever he goes as both a support and a weapon when necessary. The staff is made of simple redwood and is tall and sturdy. Tiny golden glyphs float around the head of the staff almost invisibly.

"Ah to be back in the Hanged Man, good thing it wasn't caught in that nasty Fire. Callen's the name, pleased to meet all newcomers to our fair city. Mri! good to see you are still here I thought I might've missed everyone. And you're here too Soldier, excellent."

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier returns the greeting from the githyanki, Mri'thas, and when his friend walks by him, he tells the gith, "Sleep well, sage" and then he turns his attention to the door when Callen enters and in reaction to Callen's greeting, he walks to his friend and says, "Hi Callen, I have missed you, I saw Ts'iri and Kama'zer awhile ago but they went up to their rooms to rest so we are all here now."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Another Githyanki enters the Hanged Man, a female with long red hair which is still damp from washing the smoke out of it. She wears what seems to be standard adventurers gear although her chainmail sparkles with a hint of magic. The scimitar at her side seems mundane though. Those who have worked with her before recognize two new additions though: a light shield made of wood and banded in silver with a silver facing on the front depicting a minotaur's head and horns covering most of the shield front. She also wears a new scarlet cloak with gold trimmings.

After her eyes sweep the room once to check for threats and note the location of everyone present she fulfills the requirement of naming herself with a single spoken word: "Kama'zer." Moving over to Soldier, she nods at him once in greeting before taking a seat nearby and ordering a drink and some food.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases