New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Banesfinger

Explorer
Thorn sniffs the air. Cautiously he follows the others into the back room.

Upon entering, he is somewhat relieved to see another Longtooth Shifter (Gloom) in the room, along with a halfling (Gellan) that does not have the stench of civilization on him (barbarian).

Half barking, he anounces himself, "I am Thorn. I wish to know more about this object and who has stolen it.".

[sblock=OOC]Thorn, Longtooth (Shifter) Fighter-1[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
Zharne joins Gloom, Gellan, Jehad and Thorn in the backroom and tell the Delaurier halfelf, "My name is Zharne Redcloud, I am interested in applying for the job so I will listen to what you have to say"

DMDanW

First Post
Jyles looks over each person as they enter the room, a bored expression on his face. He motions to numerous empty chairs as you enter.

"Please have a seat. I will explain what I can when there are enough of you here. My employer has instructed me to hire at least 5, possibly 6 of you for this task. Let us wait a moment to see if anyone else is interested, yes? I do not wish to have to repeat myself so please be patient. If you would like I can arrange for some refreshments to be brought in."

[sblock=Roster]
So far we have;
Zharne - Elf Druid (Controller)
Thorn - Shifter Fighter (Defender)
Jehad - Gnome Sorcerer (Striker)
Gellan - Halfling Barbarian (Striker)
Gloom - Shifter Paladin (Defender)

That leaves one possible open spot. It would be nice to see a Leader fill that spot, but it seems that there is a great shortage of those right now.
I will leave the recruiting phase open over Christmas to see if Santa delivers a leader under the Tavern tree, but if not we can see how long you guys last without one. I'm not even sure who is left in the tavern, so it may just be you 5.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Merry Christmas to all and happy holidays. I will be very busy over the next few days and may not have time to check in. Thanks for the interest in this adventure. It's my first time DMing a pbp game so please be kind :)
[/sblock]

Banesfinger

Explorer
With so many forest dwellers in the room (Elven druid, another shifter and a barbarian), Thorn lets himself relax. He still sniffs wearily at the gnome - something about his magic doesn't smell forest-friendly.

He takes Jyles up on his offer: "I would like a dwarven ale. And I would dearly love some cheese...if there some to spare.".

When the refreshments arrive, Thorn does not seem to care that the beer suds and bits of cheese end-up clinging to the fur on his face.

Tomalak

First Post
The door to the tavern opens wide, but the man holding it open does not immediately enter. After a moment he steps inside slowly. His stride is smooth and purposeful, though his eyes seem to be closed. The long robes he wears occasionally part, revealing chainmail beneath despite the fact that he seems unarmed. He addresses noone, and does not respond if spoken to. After standing still for a minute in the open area near the front of the room, his eyes snap open, and his head turns quickly toward the private areas in the rear. Striding purposefully forward he knocks upon the door, then enters.

[sblock=ooc]I built Minharath (http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Minharath_(Tomalak)) to fill up the leader slot in Dan's adventure, but it looks like another leader has shown up. So what I'm going to do now, not so sure...[/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
A skinny looking young man dressed in colorful clothing enters the Tavern. "Jynxx is my name, but please call me Lucky!" He gives a deep bow, making his chainmail armor ring under shirt and jacket. "It's a fine time to be in this city, is it not? The tavern full, the barmaids so beautiful."

Jynxx nods at each patron as he passes by, smiling broadly the whole time. To most it would appear that the bow strapped across his back is strickly for looks, but for the keen eye the wear is evident.

"This tavern is lacking a distinct taste in music! If I may have the honor of playing a small tune for you." Jynxx swings his lute from it's resting place and his fingers flash as a upbeat tune flies forth.
[sblock=The Tune]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0]YouTube - BWV - 1006 - Prelude from lute suite 4 - John Williams[/ame]
[/sblock]

Jynxx finished and smiles again at the patrons. "As I said upon entering, my name is Jynxx. Music is my profession, words are my skill. I would be happy to put my powers to use for the fine people of this facility."

[sblock=Edit, DMDanW]

I made a Kalashtar bard just recently that would be willing to adventure. He is not approved yet. I'm just throwing his name into the hat if you need a leader.

p.s. Since he doesn't know about the job offer... you'd have to repeat it or have someone else ask him about it lol.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=Tomalak & Only the Strong]
OK now it seems that there are 2 leaders. Santa was kind to the tavern :)
Well I would give preference to a players with only 1 character but that's not the case for either of you it seems. Not sure what else to take into account, so in this case it does seem that Minharath beat out Lucky by about 17 minutes. That and I had been toying with the idea of making a similar cleric (a pure healing machine) so it will be fun to DM one. Don't worry OnlytheStrong, I belive there is another character is the tavern right now (dwarf fighter if I recall), and I plan on bringing in my 2nd character shortly in the new year as well, so Iam sure another adventure will pop up soon
[/sblock]

Just as Jyles appeared he would collapse from boredom a robed khalastar walked into the room. Although he said nothing indicating he was there for the job, Jyles lept up from his seat with a smile on his face.

"Alrightly then, now I can begin..."

[sblock=OOC & Merry Christmas]
OK so I happened to check in this morning and figured that I'd finalise the party. Thanks Tomalak for bringing in a Leader. I'll post something more in the next day or two.
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=appearances] For the benefit of those without the Eberron Players' Guide, Kalashtar are described as looking mostly human. I picture them as being particularly intense, due to their otherworldly nature (they have two souls, one human, one not), but without any major differences from humanity. Minharath's robes are strongly reminiscent of the typical priest gear, though modified to accommodate his armor. [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=DMDanW]

No worries. I just happened to make a bard then saw ur need for a leader. At least you have one for the party now lol. Merry Christmas.

[/sblock]

"A song for the season!" Jynxx begins playing again, it soon becomes apparent to many that he is one of the best players of the lute in this region.

[sblock=song] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9iLEpUEL4[/ame] Please ignore the other instrument playing. I just wanted a christmas song for the tavern lol.[/sblock]

As Jynxx plays, he moves over to a young lady nearby and kneels beside her. He gazes deep into her eyes and gives a slight wink. She lets out a slight gasp, then he spins quickly. He rises off his knee and moves to the nearest barmaid.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I belive there is another character is the tavern right now (dwarf fighter if I recall)

Yes, Rockslide is in the tavern and still cannot adventure due to my other PC waiting for XP to see if I can level. :( Hope it will brighten my workday on monday :)

Merry Christmass!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases