New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Lephisto

First Post
Hey, I am very interested in playing Dungeons and Dragons 4e but I have not played it before. What will I need to read or need to start playing D&D PbP?

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Hi, Lephisto. Like you, I'm a 4e noob. You'll need, at the very least, a copy of the Players Handbook. Unlike 3e, there's no SRD, and Wizards isn't producing PDFs, so you'll have to pay for a hard copy of the rules.

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: We're currently in the Tavern which is the in-character, out-of-game roleplaying forum for ENWorld's 4th edition Living World. Living ENWorld is the D&D 3.5 world.

D&D 3.5 has a free source of rules called the SRD (system reference documents). That means you wouldn't have to pay for the PHB. LEW (Living EnWorld) is still a running campaign, although numbers of players have dropped off since 4e came out. You would be very welcome on either forum!

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=one spot open on an adventure]
Any PC looking for an adventure?

My game has had a Player dissapear so I will retire him from the adventure after the current encounter (with all due XP). I'd be willing to take on fresh blood to liven things a bit.

There are still two encounters worth of fun in store and I'd introduce any new PC(s) in media res.

Take a look at the adventure thread

If you are interested, let me know.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Original as pointed out by Covaithe]What name shall our society bear? Massacre asks the two other "members" of the group, now very pleased. Even with such a small beginning, so few members, at least something had been established, and a foundation to build upon poured.[/sblock]

What name shall our society bear? Veruzak asks the two other "members" of the group, now very pleased. Even with such a small beginning, so few members, at least something had been established, and a foundation to build upon poured.

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
A short, pock-marked man enters the tavern. You can tell by his dress, mannerisms, and odor that he is more used to the outdoors than the cradle of civilization that is Daunton. He squints and looks around the room, appraising its inhabitants. Apparently he’s satisfied by what he sees, for he clears his throat, spits the offending phlegm on the floor, and announces the following:

“Name’s Yelder. If any of you lot are interested in killing some goblins and earning some coin, talk to me. But first, a drink. I’m parched.”

[sblock=recruitment]I’m recruiting for a relatively short adventure in the delightful rural countryside. I’m looking for a mostly-balanced party of 5-6 characters of levels 1-3 (convenient, that). I don’t care if you’re fully approved, but you should have at least submitted your character for approval. If you’re interested, then please post your class and level. Also, you might buy Yelder a drink. He’s traveled a long way to get here.[/sblock]

Ghdeh1

First Post
Hearing the promise of goblins and coin Alek turns towards the man and asks "Count me in" He then turns to the bartender and orders another drink for his possible imployer. Sliding the drink to the man he continues. "I am a practioner of magic although in a way that may be seen as 'unnatural'"

[sblock=Information] Alek is a level one Infernal warlock. Submited for approval, although I think that the Judge that was looking at it disappered (Dunamin)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases