Proposal: Warlock At-Wills

Ozymandias79

First Post
This Lord Sessadore

Allow warlocks to choose two at-wills from the following: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, their pact power. This way they have some choice, but they can't grab powers from other pacts (unless they're human). They can just choose among their pact power and the two generic ones.

this I voted yes to

ozymandias79

Dunamin

First Post
Allow warlocks to choose two at-wills from the following: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, their pact power. This way they have some choice, but they can't grab powers from other pacts (unless they're human). They can just choose among their pact power and the two generic ones.
Ditto.

elecgraystone

First Post
So, if I'm not mistaken, we have 2 votes for not changing anything, 2 for allowing Warlocks to pick any 2 of Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, and their pact at-will, 1 (mine) for either that or allowing any 2 powers, and 2 that just said "YES". Can Dunamin and Ozy clarify - what's that YES for? If it's for 2 of the 3, it's passed (5 to 2) - if it's for any 2, we're still deadlocked, since we only have 3 votes in favour and 2 against.
Sorry, I didn't know there was some confusion on votes. Since no one said anything about picking any at will in their vote other than you, I figured the votes were for my proposal in the first post.

Not that I wouldn't support that JoeNotCharles, It was my original proposal here, but it was met with quite a bit of opposition so I narrowed my proposal to the 'any two of the three'. Again, sorry for any confusion.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I updated this last night - I just changed the entry in PH Heroes from, "Warlocks can choose Eldritch Strike instead of Eldritch Blast" to "Warlocks can choose Eldritch Strike to replace either Eldritch Blast or their pact at-will". Everyone ok with that wording?

Dunamin

First Post
The latest D&D Updates included Eldritch Strike. Unlike Strength of Valor it wasn't changed to exactly match our houserule, though it does come close.

Do you guys think this it enough that we should withdraw this houserule as well? (I don't really lean one way or the other)

renau1g

First Post
Do we have any warlocks with both eldritch strike and blast? If not then yeah remove the houserule (one less houserule the better), but if someone does we'll need to talk a bit more about it.

renau1g

First Post
Hmmm.... I guess we need to discuss it further. I prefer having either or of the eldritch ones because for the Warlock the pact power is the thing that ties it to their pact. I really don't like being able to exclude that.

Remove ads