Attn: DMs with iPhones/iPod Touch - Need help and feedback.

balth

First Post
Hi guys,

I'm a fellow DM like you, am playing in the Living 4E realm here, and I've got an iPhone app for DMs that I'd like you to try for free.

I've got five codes on a first come first serve basis; here they are:

94FERKJ7W6AK
KNT4HHRK4Y3M
HLXEM6XAXRLE
EPA6NE6PLJNN
H4N44RKKMXLN

The program is called iNit, and it's an initiative tracker. It uses a d20 to roll init, so it will work for many RPGs. We're trying to get feedback from GMs, and I've been lucky enough to get feedback from Tycho(Jerry) from Penny Arcade already, but we're wanting more ideas to keep it a living project as we move forward. There's only two of us working on it, but we're trying to really implement smart things that make the DM's life easier. I had been using fantasy grounds a lot, and when I finally gathered up a local group to play, I found that using pen and paper was waaaay too unweildy; hence my desire to create the app.

Please, if you take a code and redeem it, post here so others know it's taken, but also please leave me some feedback with what you think.

I appreciate it!

Mark

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Wife tried to use a code, could not find out how to use it (she's the one with the iphone) and ended up purchasing it. How were you supposed to use the codes? No one has said they used them?

Was this a marketing swing versus a call for help and support?

I'd love to use:

H4N44RKKMXLN

But I cannot seem to figure out a way to use the code to make the purchase?

Oh well. I purchased it. Here's my feedback:

1) Since you already have a space to enter character info, go ahead and make a spot to enter the 4 defenses.

2) You can add a "damage dealt" field for monsters so that DMs can track monster HP

3) I would like an option to enter initiative manually, since my players like rolling dice.

Last edited:

davethegame

Explorer
And by the way, you redeem them by clicking on the "Redeem" button under the "Quick Links" section of the iTunes store home page.

Asmor

First Post
I managed to redeem the code and download the app, but when I tried to sync it iTunes said that the app wasn't compatible with my iPod.

It's an iPod Touch 2nd generation.

balth

First Post
Redeem is in the iTunes store page (if you can't find it, just search for Redeem in the iTunes store and it gives you a link) or if you're on the iphone, ipod itself, and have os 3.0+ installed, just click the more... button in iTunes and Redeem is the bottom choice.

Hjorimir, The program does allow for manual initiative and holding/delaying, simply change the bottom entry (init value) and it will reorder the list accordingly when you hit 'next turn'

Davethegame, I'd love a link :)

Hadrianthebuilder, I'm not sure we have room to output the 4 defenses on the main page, so drilling down might not be handy to get to them just to check them, but I'll see what I can do with that. There is an HP field specifically for tracking how much damage has been dealt to your monsters (just change it as they lose HP).. on our proposed upgrades, this may change to a starting HP/ current HP pair of fields to easily show on the main screen if the creature is bloodied, as well as it's current HP value.
As for entering init manually, simply set all the entry's 'Initiative value' to whatever you want them to be and hit 'next turn' and you're good to go.

MrFilthyIke: Definitely a call for help. I'm sorry that I couldn't respond fast enough to help you with the code, but hope you will still give feedback :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases