D&D 4th Edition Touch of Madness [4e] [IC] [Paging Insight, Walking Dad, Erekose13]


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 111
  1. #1
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    Touch of Madness [4e] [IC] [Paging Insight, Walking Dad, Erekose13]

    Nestled along the Chill river lies the town of Wellspring, an old town with alot of history, but the key focus of the towns history lies in the center of the town's square. A massive statue to Estered stands here, today is a holy day to Ioun, some say today was the day that Ioun's saint Estered assended to join Her Divine Knowledge.

    Pilgrims have come from far and wide to worship Her today, they crowd into the square, near the ancient vine covered temple and the statue. It's been raining since before dawn this morning, a light slow drizzle but it's afternoon now and hasn't driven away the pilgrims.

    Some pilgrims pray, others simple look on in awe at the temple or statue. Along the edge of the square merchants hawk food, and "artifacts"

    Kyriel and Sharun talk as they watch over the pilgrams while standing near the temple.
    Baden makes his way through the crowd trying to get to the temple
    Darek nearly bumps into Gruk who is leaving the Tavern as Darek is about to enter.
    Baern comes around the corner into the noisy square looking for the tavern.


    At this moment a scream rings out, then another. Then a chorus of screams fill the square. Many of the pilgrims begin to run. As you look in the direction of the screams you see four beaked brains trailing barbed tentacles come to hover above the square's occupants. A constable lunges at one, and the creature quickly pulls him off his feet, tearing him apart in a shower of gore. At the moment the largest creature speaks in a foul tongue.

    Deep Speech

    "The Tear is near! Find it! Search wood and stone, blood and bone."


    OOC


    Welcome to the game, I wanted to get this started you can still finish up your background stuff though.

    Oh, and roll init.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tom1-1-1.jpg  
    Last edited by DarwinofMind; Friday, 21st August, 2009 at 03:24 PM.

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Galphanore's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlanta Ga
    Posts
    113
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Galphanore
    Walking along taking in the sights Sharun suddenly stops and snaps his eyes toward the strange creatures, and racks his brain to try to remember what they are as he steps his right, under the tree, and prepares to fight them.

    Rolls
    Initiative : 1d20+5 → [10,5] = (15), Link
    Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to Identify the Aberrations : 1d20+4 → [13,4] = (17), Link
    Stat Block
    Sharundabald Abizandabar- Tiefling Psion 10
    Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19
    AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:22, Will:22 -- Speed: 6 (7 when Bloodied)
    HP:58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges Per-Day 6/6
    Initiative +5 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used

    Powers, Inherent:
    At Will : Melee Basic Attack, Ranged Masic Attack, Memory Hole, Betrayal, Force Grasp
    Encounter : Infernal Wrath, Distract, Send Thoughts, Intellect Fortress, Eyebite
    Daily : Mental Trauma, Crisis of Identity, Mind Shadow, Sensory Onslaught, Intellect Leech

    Powers, Item:
    At Will : Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    Daily : Ghost Phase, +2 Power Bonus next Int Attack, Wildrunners, Obsidian Steed
    Always Active : Cloak of Disortion (-5 to hit him for ranged attacks greater than 5 squares away)
    Last edited by Galphanore; Friday, 10th July, 2009 at 07:00 AM.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Insight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,791
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    5

    Ignore Insight
    My communities:

    Darek Hornswallower, still in the mire of nearly knocking Gruk prone, turns to see the strange creatures wreaking havoc in the town square.

    Rolls

    Init: 10 1d20+4=10


    Stat Block

    Darek Hornswallower - Dwarf Fighter 10
    Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
    AC: 28, Fort: 23, Ref: 19, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5
    HP: 85/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge Value: 21, Surges/Day 12/12
    Initiative +4, Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used

    Powers, Inherent:
    At Will: Melee Basic Attack, Combat Challenge, Cleave, Crushing Surge
    Encounter: Blinding Smash, Divine Challenge, Savage Parry, Shield Bash
    Daily: Create Opening, Divine Bodyguard, Knee Breaker, Paladin's Judgment, Shift the Battlefield, Stalwart Guard

    Powers, Item:
    Daily: Battleforged Heavy Shield, Righteous Craghammer +2
    Properties: Cloak of the Walking Wounded (Can expend 2 healing surges instead of one when using second wind when bloodied), Rushing Cleats (+2 attack to Bull Rush, +1 square to his pushes or slides)
    Last edited by Insight; Friday, 10th July, 2009 at 07:35 AM.
    Leaving EN World for the land of novel writing. I'll be back someday.

  • #4
    Registered User


    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    9,352
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Erekose13
    My communities:

    Phaeryn walks past the inn, surrupticiously aiming to enter quietly when he sees the disturbance across the courtyard. Those humans will be a problem, scattering across the field of battle. he thinks to himself having already decided that the extraplanar creatures were enemies that needed dealing with.

    Combat Statblock
    Phaeryn Duskhaunt; Revenant Monk 10
    Passive Perception: 26, Passive Insight: 19; low-light
    AC:25, Fort:21, Ref:23, Will:23 -- Speed: 6
    HP:77/77, Bloodied:38, Surge Value:19, Surges Per-Day 9/9
    Initiative: +14 Action Points: 1 Second Wind: Un-Used

    Minor
    Dark Reaping
    Purifying Meditation [Encounter]
    Ornament of Alertness [Daily]
    Potion of Vigor [Consumable]

    Standard
    Dragon's Tail
    Dancing Cobra
    Drunken Monkey
    Dance of Swords
    Strike the Avalanche
    Masterful Strike
    One Hundred Leaves
    Strength to Weakness

    Free
    Centered Furry of Blows

    Move
    Dragon's Tail Movement
    Dancing Cobra
    Drunken Monkey
    Dance of Swords
    Strike the Avalanche

    Immediate Interrupt
    Monk Leaf on the Wind [Encounter]
    Iron Dragon Defense [Encounter]

    Immediate Reaction
    Boots of Furious Speed [Daily]

    Properties
    Lifedrinker Monk Unarmed Strike
    Boots of Furious Speed
    Erekose13
    Art by Uneide!
    PbP

    [Living 4th Edition]
    Callen Stewart Human Wizard 8
    Beyrk Verkunder Hobgoblin Bard 3

    [Living Eberron]
    Gogmorthak d'Tharashk Orc Barbarian 6

  • #5
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Baern, HP 80/80

    "What the ..." Baern is taken offguard by the creatures sudden appearance. But they seem strangely familiar...

    OOC

    Initiative, Dungeoneering (1d20+6=7, 1d20+12=28)

    Dungeoneering to identify.

    Bad moment, but I will loose internet access until Thursday

    Will summon companion to help/heal. Make use of protective shield and bring spirit to the front line. Use Wrath of Winter for own attacks.

    Healing spirit as necessary.

    Sorry again. Will try to get another internet access until Thursday.

    Mini stat block

    Baern Winterchosen
    Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
    Initiative: +6
    AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 18 Will 23
    Hit Points: 80/80 Bloodied: 40
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge: 20 Surges per day: 11/11
    At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Shield, Protecting Strike, Wrath of the Winter
    Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Thunder Bears warding, Rimefire Spirit, Winter Wind Spirit, Bonds of the Clan, Sudden Restoration
    Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Earthrage Spirit, Raging Storm Spirit, Spirit Summons, Reflexive Braidmail
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #6
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,324
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Baden Dubh

    Baden is scanning the crowd ahead, planning his path through it to the temple, when the creatures appear and the constable is torn asunder.

    As soon as those things are finished with the locals they'll be coming after us. Best to be proactive, I think . . . Besides, killing them might earn me some goodwill here that could help me land my next job.

    As he begins walking calmly toward the ruckus, the exotic looking man draws a gray bladed rapier in his left hand and a hand crossbow in his right - loading the crossbow one handed with the surety of long practice - takes careful aim and looses a bolt. A suit of dark leathers flicks into place around him, covering the fine clothing he was wearing to the temple.

    Actions/Rolls
    Initiative (1d20+11=13)
    To Hit (1d20+12=24)
    Not sure if 24 hits this thing, but just in case . . .
    Damage (1d6+10=16)

    Actions
    Free: Draw Rapier/Draw & Load Hand Crossbow
    Minor: Summon Armor
    Move: Move to O23
    Standard: Sly Flourish with Hand Crossbow at Grell (-D23)


    Stat Block
    Baden Dubh- Male Shadar-Kai Rogue 10
    Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
    AC:23 (26 vs. Opportunity Attacks), Fort:19, Ref:23, Will:20 -- Speed: 6
    HP:69/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges Per-Day 7/7
    Resistances: Cold (05), Fire (05)
    Initiative: +11 Action Points: 1 Second Wind: Un-Used
    Powers:

    Chameleon
    Disheartening Strike
    Fleeting Ghost
    Sly Flourish
    Summoned Armor +2

    Bait and Switch
    Circling Predator
    Combat Tumbleset
    Sly Lunge

    Precise Incision
    Flashy Riposte
    Rogue's Recovery
    Last edited by Mowgli; Friday, 10th July, 2009 at 12:28 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #7
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Charwoman Gene's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,724
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Charwoman Gene
    My communities:

    ooc
    Init: 1d20+13=30
    Dungeoneering: 1d20+6=10
    Move: Double move to B26
    Gurk moves up to the right, near the building, not really having a clear idea what these thing are, but realizing they need killing.

    ooc: I will make up a statblock when I'm home, sorry.
    Last edited by Charwoman Gene; Friday, 10th July, 2009 at 02:39 PM.
    New Sig Rules are lame, and I am cheap.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,004
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    Kyriel's expression turned from one of placid enjoyment to one of abject dismay when she saw what was happening. "No!" she exclaimed, and even in her distress her voice was silvery and hung in the air for a moment after she was done talking, as if it at loathe to let them fade.

    Galvanized to action, the deva rushed forward, throwing her plain brown cassock open and its hood back to reveal her long lavender hair flowing behind her, and her blue-tinted face with flashing eyes, and a glimpse of her statuesque shape clad in a thin, plain dress. But then light coalesced around her, dazzlingly bright, and when it faded an instant later she was girded in silvery mail with links so fine that it seemed almost like liquid poured over her, with oversized pauldrons wrought like roaring lion's heads and a skirt of overlapping plates that reached her knees. A white tabard with gold trim emblazoned with the sigil of Ioun overlaid it all, magnificent in the force of its simplicity.

    The avenging angel lifted her staff as the glare of her armor's arrival faded, and there was another flash; this time a solid bar of light that for an instant connected her staff at the closest monster, bright enough to leave an afterimage when onlookers blinked.

    (Initiative is 14, it's the first roll but I forgot to include the level bonus. Hee.)
    (Convert standard to move, then double move straight north to D24. Use Minor action to summon armor. Cash in Action Point to regain standard. Using Sun Strike on Grell 4. To hit: 30, damage 9 and slide Grell away from people 1 sq)
    Roll Lookup

    Stat Block
    Kyriel; Deva Invoker 10
    Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 25
    AC:28, Fort:21, Ref:21, Will:23 -- Speed: 6 (5 in armor)
    HP:62/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:15, Surges Per-Day 9/9
    Resistances: Fire 5, Cold 5, Poison 5, Radiant 10, Necrotic 10
    Initiative: +12 Action Points: 0 Second Wind: Un-Used

    At-Will
    Sun Strike
    Vanguard's Lightning
    Summoned Armor (Item)
    Spymaster's Quill (Item)
    Floating Lantern (Item)


    Encounter
    Blades of Astral Fire
    Chains of Carceri
    Baleful Eye of Judgement
    Memory of 1000 Lifetimes (Racial)
    Channel Divinity: (Class)
    - Preserver's Rebuke
    - Rebuke Undead
    Demand Justice
    Viper Belt (Item)


    Daily
    Summon Angel of Fire.
    Searing Orb
    Fourfold Invocation of Doom
    Shroud of Warning
    Mass Cure Light Wounds (Multiclass feat)
    Healing Word (Multiclass feat)

  • #9
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    OOC

    30 Gurk
    30 Grell 3
    25 Phaeryn
    25 Grell 1
    23 Grell 4
    15 Sharun
    14 Kyriel
    13 Baden
    11 Grell 2
    11 Pilgrims
    10 Darek
    7 Baern


    Yes I guess I should have caled for actions but I wanted to get the order down first.
    On, and the people count as difficult terrain.

    Dungeoneering DC10

    You recogize the aberant creatures as Grell.

    Dungeoneering DC15

    Grell are typically solitary, malicious hunters that detest sunlight and prefer to lurk underground. They float silently though the air and like to descend from above, entangling their prey in venomous tenticles. It would be unusually for them to be out in the open like this and working together.



    I need actions for Phaeryn and Sharun.







    Gurk moves first with obvious detirmination. coming along side the building to the right.

    The beast closest to the pilgrams lashes out at a woman cutting her open at the midsection in a show of gore.

    Deep Speech

    "It's not in this one"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tom1-1-2.jpg  

  • #10
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Galphanore's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlanta Ga
    Posts
    113
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Galphanore
    Sharun walks forward six paces while drawing his Orb from the pouch hanging at his side and staring intently at one of the Grell. He mutters aloud to himself while he walks, "What are Grell doing here, and together. There must be something pushing them to be here.", then he turns to Kyriel and says, "Can you understand them? I think it's Deep Speech but I've not had a chance to learn that.". He then reaches his mind to the nearest Grell and mentally blasts it, hoping to prevent him from attacking any more of the pilgrims.
    OOC
    Minor Action : Draw Orb from Bag of Holding
    Move Action : Move to L24
    Standard Action : Mental Trauma on Grell at D23 (1d20+10 → [14,10] = (24) to hit, 3d8+9 → [1,2,8,9] = (20) Damage)
    Stat Block
    Sharundabald Abizandabar- Tiefling Psion 10
    Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19
    AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:22, Will:22 -- Speed: 6 (7 when Bloodied)
    HP:58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges Per-Day 6/6
    Initiative +5 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used

    Powers, Inherent:
    At Will : Melee Basic Attack, Ranged Masic Attack, Memory Hole, Betrayal, Force Grasp
    Encounter : Infernal Wrath, Distract, Send Thoughts, Intellect Fortress, Eyebite
    Daily : Mental Trauma, Crisis of Identity, Mind Shadow, Sensory Onslaught, Intellect Leech

    Powers, Item:
    At Will : Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    Daily : Ghost Phase, +2 Power Bonus next Int Attack, Wildrunners, Obsidian Steed
    Always Active : Cloak of Disortion (-5 to hit him for ranged attacks greater than 5 squares away)
    Last edited by Galphanore; Friday, 10th July, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. #161 - A Touch of Madness
      By catsclaw227 in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: Wednesday, 17th December, 2008, 06:43 PM
    2. Touch of Madness - a PoL Module
      By Hussar in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd April, 2008, 04:22 AM
    3. Dungeon 153 - Touch of Madness
      By Shroomy in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Tuesday, 18th March, 2008, 02:07 AM
    4. Touch of Madness
      By ObsidianCrane in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Monday, 17th March, 2008, 04:46 AM
    5. Touch of Madness
      By DandD in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 14th March, 2008, 12:09 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •