Touch of Madness [4e] [IC] [Paging Insight, Walking Dad, Erekose13]

Galphanore

First Post
Sharun glares at the Grell leader and then a sly smile spreads slowly across his face, then reaches deep inside the things mind and plants a very simple thought, "The Grell to my left is out to take my place, I must kill him." Sharun croons deep inside the Grells own mind.[sblock=OOC]2pt Augment Betrayal, Slide Grell 2 four squards toward Grell 1, would cause melee basic attack but I think he's too far away for that. 1d20+15 → [13,15] = (28) to hit, also dazes till the end of my next turn.[sblock=Stat Block]Sharundabald Abizandabar- Tiefling Psion 10
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:22, Will:22 -- Speed: 6 (7 when Bloodied)
HP:58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges Per-Day 6/6
Initiative +5 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
PP : 4/6

Powers, Inherent:
At Will : Melee Basic Attack, Ranged Masic Attack, Memory Hole, Betrayal, Force Grasp
Encounter : Infernal Wrath, Distract, Send Thoughts, Intellect Fortress, Eyebite
Daily : Mental Trauma, Crisis of Identity, Mind Shadow, Sensory Onslaught, Intellect Leech

Powers, Item:
At Will : Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Daily : Ghost Phase, +2 Power Bonus next Int Attack, Wildrunners, Obsidian Steed
Always Active : Cloak of Disortion (-5 to hit him for ranged attacks greater than 5 squares away)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry! My post got eaten!
Piercing strike vs. Grell Reflex, if hits, 1d6 from furious assault (1d20+17=37, 1d6+8=10, 1d6=2)
Crit. crit 1d6 (1d6=3)
Furious assault makes it 2d6 [W] damage so that is maximized to 20 damage, then using the 2 d6s i rolled and the extra one, we add 7 damage.
27 Damage[sblock=alternate]If you feel I am wrong about furious assault being maximized, here is my roll. alt crit 1d6 (1d6=5) so 26 damage.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Gurk Drives his sword deep into the grell's vitals with a savage ferocity.
[sblock=Stats]Gurk the Quiet - Male Half-Orc Rogue 10
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC:24, Fort:21, Ref:24, Will:18 -- Speed: 7
HP:43/71, Bloodied:35, Surge Value:17, Surges Per-Day 9/9
Initiative: +11 Action Points: 1 Second Wind: Un-Used

Powers:
Piercing Strike (Std)
Riposte Strike (Std)

Furious Assault (Free)
Torturous strike (Std)
Nasty Backswing (Free)

Sand in the Eyes (Std)
Adaptable Flanker (Minor)
Vexing Flanker (Immediate Reaction)
Periapt of Cascading Health (Minor)

Pommel Smash (Std)
Deep Cut (Std)
Crimson Edge (Std)
Gap int the Armor (Minor)
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Darek suddenly finding himself without vision charged blindly at the last grell he was looking at swinging wildly and missing, before rubbing his eyes free of the sting obscuring his sight.

Baern focuses on calling his Spirit ally to assuage the abberent horror.

Gurk delievers a staggering blow to the wounded grell,

Grell 3 delays,

Phaeryn knocks his opponant to the ground and dances around to the other side of Darek

Grell 3 attacks the spirit hitting it only the find the spirit vanish.

The grell on the ground lashs out with it's tencticles from the ground at Darek missing.

The grell with Gurk lashs out at him hitting with it's razor tenticles.

Sharun invades the unearthly horror's mind affecting it's perception

[sblock="OOC"]

Darek missed but makes his save.
Baern summons his spirit and uses Protecting Strike agains the grell 3 hits rolled 22 vs Will 6 damage

Gurk crits

Phaeryn acts cool

Grell 3 hits spirt 23 vs Fort, 18 damage, Baern takes 10 Makes save vs. Dazed roll 19

Grell 1 misses Darek 24 vs. AC Makes save vs. Dazed rolled 21 (after bonus)

Grell 4 hits Gurk, rolled 23 vs. AC 13 damage and Gurk is slowed and takes -2 to ATT (save ends) failed save vs dazed rolled 4

Sharun hits Grell 2 is slid.

Round 4:

30: Gurk : 56/71 : Slowed and -2 to ATT (save ends both)
25: Phaeryn :
30: Grell 3 : 43 damage :
25: Grell 1 : 41 damage : Prone , marked by Darek
23: Grell 4 : 124 damage : Bloodied, vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends), Dazed (save ends)
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic, +3 ATT vs. Grell 2
13: Baden
11: Grell 2 : 9 damage : Dazed till '14
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek : 65/85 : Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses.
07: Baern : 60/80

[/sblock]

Attachments

• tom1-4-1.jpg
    tom1-4-1.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Baden Dubh

Baden sees his bolt strike home and decides to press his advantage. Rolling and tumbling, the slight figure advances quickly on his opponent and ends his move with a long extension into a lunge, driving his dark, shadow shrouded blade deep into the Grell's floating body.

[sblock=Actions]Move: D11
Standard: Sly Lunge (1d20+14=33)
Damage (1d8+6=9, 1d6=2) and Combat Advantage until end of next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Baden Dubh- Male Shadar-Kai Rogue 10
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
AC:23 (26 vs. Opportunity Attacks), Fort:19, Ref:23, Will:20 -- Speed: 6
HP:69/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges Per-Day 7/7
Resistances: Cold (05), Fire (05)
Initiative: +11 Action Points: 1 Second Wind: Un-Used
Powers:

Chameleon
Disheartening Strike
Fleeting Ghost
Sly Flourish
Summoned Armor +2

Bait and Switch
Circling Predator
Combat Tumbleset
Sly Lunge

Precise Incision
Flashy Riposte
Rogue's Recovery
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Baern, HP 60/80

Baern moves with dire determination. The banishments of his spirit has hurt his soul. But others suffer even more under the aberrations powers. He chants new summonings. To the Bear to come back to him. An with him, thunder.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: move to 15 G
Minor: Use Call Spirit Companion.Companion appears on 16 F
Standard: Thunder Bears Warding (1d20+14=20, 1d6+8=11) Gegen Grell 3, targetting fortitude

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Baern Winterchosen
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
Initiative: +6
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 18 Will 23
Hit Points: 60/80 Bloodied: 40
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 20 Surges per day: 11/11
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Shield, Protecting Strike, Wrath of the Winter
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Thunder Bears Warding, Rimefire Spirit, Winter Wind Spirit, Bonds of the Clan, Sudden Restoration
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Earthrage Spirit, Raging Storm Spirit, Spirit Summons, Reflexive Braidmail
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]
Hey, Walking dad welcome back... Just noticing you post and wondering why you granted a save to Darek, I notice I forgot to update the init posting to show he made his save he's no longer blinded, so feel free to change your action if you feel like it.
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=Actions]
Move Action: Shift 1 square to -E21.
Standard Action: Blinding Smash against Grell 2: 1d20+13=17 blarg another miss
Effect: Grell 2 is marked.
ACTION POINT: Standard Action: Knee Breaker against Grell 2: 1d20+13=27, on hit: 2d10+13=21 damage (one of the d10 rolls was a 1 and the Craghammer is a Brutal 2 weapon, so I reroll the 1 and get 1d10=10 for a total of 30 damage) and Grell 2 is slowed (save ends).
Darek gains 4 temporary hit points.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Darek Hornswallower - Dwarf Fighter 10
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Ref: 19, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5
HP: 65/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge Value: 21, Surges/Day 12/12
Initiative +4, Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will: Melee Basic Attack, Combat Challenge, Cleave, Crushing Surge
Encounter: Blinding Smash, Divine Challenge, Savage Parry, Shield Bash
Daily: Create Opening, Divine Bodyguard, Knee Breaker, Paladin's Judgment, Shift the Battlefield, Stalwart Guard

Powers, Item:
Daily: Battleforged Heavy Shield, Righteous Craghammer +2
Properties: Cloak of the Walking Wounded (Can expend 2 healing surges instead of one when using second wind when bloodied), Rushing Cleats (+2 attack to Bull Rush, +1 square to his pushes or slides)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Kyriel mutters a curse under her breath. The enemy, and her allies, were so thinly spread out. No sooner did she aid the battle on one corner than an entirely new spell was needed for the other.

She turned towards the lightning-throwing Grell and gestured. "Legions of heaven, strike down our enemies and shield the faithful!"

A silvery rift parted in the sky, and fire rained down through that slice. Each drop of fire revealed itself to be a sword crafted from pure flame. They dropped down around the leader grell, and around the two allies near it. Even as several blades swiped at the grell, the others clustered around Kyriel's friends and made to parry attacks against them.

(Blades of Astral Fire! 23 vs Reflex on leader grell, or suffer 10 radiant damage. Whether it hits or not, my two allies in the Burst 1 effect gain +4 to AC until the end of Kyriel's next turn.)

Roll Lookup
(Note - I rolled 22, but forgot to factor in the Coordinated Blast feat's +1 for having allies in the AoE)

Remove ads