Touch of Madness [4e] [IC] [Paging Insight, Walking Dad, Erekose13]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Sharun reaches out and into the mind of the Grell leader and pokes a little hole.

"I bind you in the chains of your own treachery! Shadows give your wretchedness substance, and wickedness weave it into your own undoing!"

Wincing at the sudden pain, Baden closes his eyes and concentrates for a moment, and disappears from the clinging grasp of the grell. He re-appears in an instant, about 15 feet away from his opponent, and immediately moves in for another strike. His rapier flicks out toward the abomination and scores a shallow puncture.

The Grell Philosopher uses his psychic powers to once again fill Darek and Phaeryns thoughts with venom.

[sblock="Actions and Init"]

Sorry I'm at work, can't update the map right now, you'll have to use your imaginations.

sharun hits Grell 3 7 damage.

Baden is now at C9 (where did you get 5d8 for damage?)

Grell 2 uses Venomous mind, 29 vs. Will on Derek, 16 vs Will on Phaeryn 14 damage Grell 2 shifts to -E19

Trying a more orginaized way of statying when effects end. (round-and init)
Round 5:

30: Gurk : Dead
25: Phaeryn : +4 AC till '13, must choose a random target for melee attacks (save ends)
30: Grell 3 : 92 damage : cannot see Sharun (r6-15)
25: Grell 1 : 77 damage : Prone , marked by Darek, Dazed (save ends), Slowed (r6-13)
23: Grell 4 : 136 damage : Bloodied, vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends), Dazed (save ends)
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic,
13: Baden : 53/69 : Grabbed by Grell 3.
11: Grell 2 : 39 damage : Slowed (save ends)
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek : 51/85 +4 temp : Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses, must choose a random target for any melee attacks. (save ends)
07: Baern : 60/80 +4 temp : resist all 4

Need actions for Darek, Baern if you'd like to update anything, and Phaeryn. Thanks you.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock="Actions and Init"]Baden is now at C9 (where did you get 5d8 for damage?)

13: Baden : 53/69 : Grabbed by Grell 3.[/sblock]

[sblock=Darwin]Precise Incision is 3{W}, and had Combat Advantage until 12 so got Sneak Attack (2d8) damage as well. Again, I'm pretty new to 4E - is he entitled to sneak attack damage when he uses an exploit as well?

Also, is he still grabbed even though he teleported out?[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Grell 2 shifts to -E19

Since Grell 2 is marked, this provokes an OA from Darek:

[sblock=OA]
Opportunity Action: Melee Basic Attack: 1d20+13=16 vs. AC.

I'm going to assume this misses.
[/sblock]

And also...

[sblock=OOC]I don't think your damage is taking into account Darek's temp hp. He should have 4 more than what you are showing for him (the temp hp go away first). For my part, I will try to make it more clear in the future when Darek has temp hp and how many.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=Darwin]Precise Incision is 3{W}, and had Combat Advantage until 12 so got Sneak Attack (2d8) damage as well. Again, I'm pretty new to 4E - is he entitled to sneak attack damage when he uses an exploit as well?

OOC: If the target teleported, it is no longer grabbed.

Moon_Goddess

[sblock="OOC"]
Ah my mistake, I forgot about Sneak Attack, that's why I asked basically I wasn't sure where you come up with it, yes you were right.

And yes, Teleport removes you from grab, I wasn't sure myself, so I twittered bruce corrdel, and he said it does. Isn't modern tech awesome[/sblock]

Since Grell 2 is marked, this provokes an OA from Darek:

[sblock=OA]
Opportunity Action: Melee Basic Attack: 1d20+13=16 vs. AC.

I'm going to assume this misses.
[/sblock]

[sblock="OOC"]Yes, Sir, Sorry that is infact a miss. I still need Derek's normal actions for this round. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
"You'll not be getting away from me so quickly, devil-spawn of the Abyss!" Darek says as he follows the Grell, hammer held high.

[sblock=Actions]
Move Action: Shift 1 square to -E20.
Standard Action: Crushing Surge against Grell 2: 1d20+13=32 vs. AC (Damn! So close to a Crit!). On hit: 1d10+8=15 damage.

Darek gains 4 temporary hit points.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Darek Hornswallower - Dwarf Fighter 10
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Ref: 19, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5
HP: 55/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge Value: 21, Surges/Day 12/12
Temporary Hit Points: 4
Initiative +4, Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will: Melee Basic Attack, Combat Challenge, Cleave, Crushing Surge
Encounter: Blinding Smash, Divine Challenge, Savage Parry, Shield Bash
Daily: Create Opening, Divine Bodyguard, Knee Breaker, Paladin's Judgment, Shift the Battlefield, Stalwart Guard

Powers, Item:
Daily: Battleforged Heavy Shield, Righteous Craghammer +2
Properties: Cloak of the Walking Wounded (Can expend 2 healing surges instead of one when using second wind when bloodied), Rushing Cleats (+2 attack to Bull Rush, +1 square to his pushes or slides)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Galphanore

First Post
[sblock]BTW, I attacked Greel 2, not 3
Sharun reaches out and into the mind of the Grell leader and pokes a little hole.

"I bind you in the chains of your own treachery! Shadows give your wretchedness substance, and wickedness weave it into your own undoing!"

Wincing at the sudden pain, Baden closes his eyes and concentrates for a moment, and disappears from the clinging grasp of the grell. He re-appears in an instant, about 15 feet away from his opponent, and immediately moves in for another strike. His rapier flicks out toward the abomination and scores a shallow puncture.

The Grell Philosopher uses his psychic powers to once again fill Darek and Phaeryns thoughts with venom.

[sblock="Actions and Init"]

Sorry I'm at work, can't update the map right now, you'll have to use your imaginations.

sharun hits Grell 3 7 damage.

Baden is now at C9 (where did you get 5d8 for damage?)

Grell 2 uses Venomous mind, 29 vs. Will on Derek, 16 vs Will on Phaeryn 14 damage Grell 2 shifts to -E19

Trying a more orginaized way of statying when effects end. (round-and init)
Round 5:

30: Gurk : Dead
25: Phaeryn : +4 AC till '13, must choose a random target for melee attacks (save ends)
30: Grell 3 : 92 damage : cannot see Sharun (r6-15)
25: Grell 1 : 77 damage : Prone , marked by Darek, Dazed (save ends), Slowed (r6-13)
23: Grell 4 : 136 damage : Bloodied, vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends), Dazed (save ends)
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic,
13: Baden : 53/69 : Grabbed by Grell 3.
11: Grell 2 : 39 damage : Slowed (save ends)
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek : 51/85 +4 temp : Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses, must choose a random target for any melee attacks. (save ends)
07: Baern : 60/80 +4 temp : resist all 4

Need actions for Darek, Baern if you'd like to update anything, and Phaeryn. Thanks you.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Hi, been trying to get to ENWorld for days!

now I'm at work and not prepared, Very sorry very very sorry, I promise I'll update as soon as I can.

Erekose13

Explorer
Phaeryn moves away from the larger grell to try and help Gurk. He sends the closest grell flying to the side where it's tentacles grapple with the one behind it.

[sblock=actions]sorry been having trouble with Enworld this weekend as have we all.

I think I missed my save last round vs. random atks. save (1d20=5) which fails anyways.

Start of turn: adopt Drunken Monkey full discipline.
Move: to -B23
Standard: drunken monkey vs. Grell1 (1d20+12=22, 1d6+7=12) = hit(?) for damage 12 slide to -A24 where it makes a basic melee attack vs. Grell3 with a +4 to atk.
End of turn: save take 2 (1d20=2) fails again
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Statblock]Phaeryn Duskhaunt; Revenant Monk 10
Passive Perception: 26, Passive Insight: 19; low-light
AC:25, Fort:21, Ref:23, Will:23 -- Speed: 6
HP:51/77, Bloodied:38, Surge Value:19, Surges Per-Day 9/9
Initiative: +14 Action Points: 0 Second Wind: Un-Used
[sblock=Powers]Minor
Dark Reaping
Purifying Meditation [Encounter]
Ornament of Alertness [Daily]
Potion of Vigor [Consumable]

Standard