Touch of Madness [4e] [IC] [Paging Insight, Walking Dad, Erekose13]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="Erekose13"]

I've reread the Monk and a few developer comments and It isn't exactly spelled out but I"m going to rule that No, you cannot maintain the technique and use keep it for additional rounds, especially not a encounter technique, sorry.

[/sblock]

[sblock="Insight"]

Ok, save made, I need your action for this round though.....

[/sblock]

Galphanore

First Post
Sharund sends a mental blast of sights and sounds into the mind of the grell leader.
[sblock=OOC]Sensory Onslaught on Grell 2
1d20+16 → [13,16] = (29) to hit
2d10+9 → [5,4,9] = (18) damage
And he takes a -2 on all attack rolls and all defenses and gets no AoO's until the end of my next turn.
[sblock=Stat Block]Sharundabald Abizandabar- Tiefling Psion 10
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:22, Will:22 -- Speed: 6 (7 when Bloodied)
HP:58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges Per-Day 6/6
Initiative +5 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
PP : 4/6

Powers, Inherent:
At Will : Melee Basic Attack, Ranged Masic Attack, Memory Hole, Betrayal, Force Grasp
Encounter : Infernal Wrath, Distract, Send Thoughts, Intellect Fortress, Eyebite
Daily : Mental Trauma, Crisis of Identity, Mind Shadow, Sensory Onslaught, Intellect Leech

Powers, Item:
At Will : Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Daily : Ghost Phase, +2 Power Bonus next Int Attack, Wildrunners, Obsidian Steed
Always Active : Cloak of Disortion (-5 to hit him for ranged attacks greater than 5 squares away)[/sblock][/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock="Erekose13"]
I've reread the Monk and a few developer comments and It isn't exactly spelled out but I"m going to rule that No, you cannot maintain the technique and use keep it for additional rounds, especially not a encounter technique, sorry.[/sblock]
[sblock=DoM]No worries, thought that might be so which is why I stuck with a different action for this round.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
At Kyriel's urging the flaming angel lays about itself with a sword of fire, slashing at the two floating brains with all the righteous wrath that the gods and their servants had felt against the progenitor titans!

To hit: 30 and 23.
Damage: 10
Roll Lookup

Insight

Adventurer
Darek continues to bash at the Grell before him.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard Action: Crushing Surge against Grell 2: 1d20+13=24 vs. AC. On hit, 1d10+10=12 damage and Darek gains 4 temporary hit points (stacks with prior).
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Darek Hornswallower - Dwarf Fighter 10
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Ref: 19, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5
HP: 55/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge Value: 21, Surges/Day 12/12
Temporary Hit Points: 8
Initiative +4, Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will: Melee Basic Attack, Combat Challenge, Cleave, Crushing Surge
Encounter: Blinding Smash, Divine Challenge, Savage Parry, Shield Bash
Daily: Create Opening, Divine Bodyguard, Knee Breaker, Paladin's Judgment, Shift the Battlefield, Stalwart Guard

Powers, Item:
Daily: Battleforged Heavy Shield, Righteous Craghammer +2
Properties: Cloak of the Walking Wounded (Can expend 2 healing surges instead of one when using second wind when bloodied), Rushing Cleats (+2 attack to Bull Rush, +1 square to his pushes or slides)[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Darek strikes out at the Grell before him but misses

Baern chants out a call to the ancient spirits of ice and flame, shimmering frozen flame surround the creature punishing it.

Phaeryn slams hard into the Grell, killing one Grell.

The grell surrounded by Baden and Baern's spirit looks for a route to escape finding no lee, it lashes out in anger at the spirit but misses.

The grell in the psychic storm takes it's revenge on Phaeryn it's barbed tentacles stinging his legs and arms.

Sharun sends a blast of mental confusion at the Grell leader confusing it.

The angel strikes at the Grell with it's firey sword.

[sblock="Actions and Init"]

Grell 3 attacks Spirit, Rolls 25 vs AC. Miss, (Grrrr you got lucky)
Grell 1 attacks Phaeryn, rolls 28 vs AC hit 14 damage, Slowed and -2 to attack rolls (save ends both)
Grell 4 is dead.

Round 7:

30: Gurk : Dead
25: Phaeryn 63/77 : must choose a random target for melee attacks (save ends), Slowed and -2 to attack rolls (save ends both)
30: Grell 3 : 162 damage : Bloodied, vulnerabile cold & fire 5
25: Grell 1 : 126 damage : Bloodied
23: Grell 4 : Dead
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic,
13: Baden : 53/69
11: Grell 2 : 64 damage : Slowed (save ends), -2 on all attack rolls and all defenses and gets no AoO (till r8i14)
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek : 55/85 +4 temp : Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses
07: Baern : 60/80 +4 temp : resist all 4

Baden, need your action sir.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• tom1-7-1.jpg
    tom1-7-1.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 89

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Baden Dubh

Satisfied with his tactical position, Baden takes advantage of the monster's momentary focus on it's other opponent to execute a devastating attack, plunging his rapier deep into the cortex of the creature.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Rogue's Recovery (1d20+14=31) (Add 2[W] extra damage to the attack w/ Combat Advantage)
Damage (6d8+6=29)
(2d8+6 [RR], 2d8 [additional RR for CA], 2d8 Sneak Attack - three 1s on the damage roll :()[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Baden Dubh- Male Shadar-Kai Rogue 10
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
AC:23 (26 vs. Opportunity Attacks), Fort:19, Ref:23, Will:20 -- Speed: 6
HP:53/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges Per-Day 7/7
Resistances: Cold (05), Fire (05)
Initiative: +11 Action Points: 0 Second Wind: Un-Used
Powers:

Chameleon
Disheartening Strike
Fleeting Ghost
Sly Flourish
Summoned Armor +2

Bait and Switch
Circling Predator
Combat Tumbleset
Devious Jaunt
Sly Lunge

Precise Incision
Flashy Riposte
Rogue's Recovery
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Baden takes the opertuinity of the Grell's distracted focus driving his blade hard into the squishy exposed grey matter. The Grell slids off the blade with a satisfing plop as it hits the ground dead.

The Grell leader lashes out at Darek and strikes him stinging with it's poisonous tencacles.

[sblock="Actions and Init"]
Yes insight, he's tough!

Grell 2 rolls 28 vs. AC on Darek, hits, 12 damage and Darek is slowed and takes -2 to attack rolls (save ends both)
Insight, I messed up earlier, this effect is a poison keyword affect so you get a +5 to your saving throws, I didn't notice that when you were affected before. it's your turn again, got a good chance of kicking it.

Round 7:

30: Gurk : Dead
25: Phaeryn 63/77 : must choose a random target for melee attacks (save ends), Slowed and -2 to attack rolls (save ends both)
30: Grell 3 : Dead
25: Grell 1 : 126 damage : Bloodied
23: Grell 4 : Dead
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic,
13: Baden : 53/69
11: Grell 2 : 64 damage : Slowed (save ends), -2 on all attack rolls and all defenses and gets no AoO (till r8i14)
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek : 49/85 : Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses, slowed and takes -2 to attack rolls (save ends both)
07: Baern : 60/80 +4 temp : resist all 4

Need actions for Darek, Baern, and Phaeryn, Thank you all. Half the Grell are dead.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases