Character Building

ukingsken

First Post
What!? You wouldn't dare harm a judge! Guards! Get this... peasant out of my sight!

I'm sure they'll be here any minute now.

On a side note, I'm glad it took me over 24 hours to become corrupted and insane with power.

If you think YOU are insane and corrupt with power you obviously havent been paying attention.

Did you know that in LEB every dice rolled by users whose names contain king are 20's? And similarly all dice rolled against them are in fact -7?

It's an interesting occurance, something to do with planar conjunctions and "Judicious" wiki editing.....

That's right... I just did that....Judicious...Get it??.... Cus I'm a judge.... OK I get it, FAIL.

hornedturtle

First Post
So a couple questions about changelings. Firstly about the extent of their changing, does their clothing or voice change with them? It says that they can change into a specific individual but does that mean that they can gain a foot of height and a couple hundred pounds of apparent weight? Will the clothing rip like the hulk? Also is there an opposed check to it? Say your fighting the BBEG after defeating his first lieutenant, can you eye bite him and use a minor action the same round to change into said lieutenant to confuse him? Even better if the lieutenant is still there and you accuse him of being the impostor!

oneeach

First Post
NP, I can write something up and post it tomorrow about this time. Which section do you think they should go in? Uncommon or rare I would think.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
So a couple questions about changelings. Firstly about the extent of their changing, does their clothing or voice change with them? It says that they can change into a specific individual but does that mean that they can gain a foot of height and a couple hundred pounds of apparent weight? Will the clothing rip like the hulk? Also is there an opposed check to it? Say your fighting the BBEG after defeating his first lieutenant, can you eye bite him and use a minor action the same round to change into said lieutenant to confuse him? Even better if the lieutenant is still there and you accuse him of being the impostor!
The Changeling Disguise power makes it clear you cannot change your clothes or other possessions. You can appear as any Medium humanoid, but things too far from your normal will have clothing adjustment issues. Voice is partly an effect of size, but it wouldn't be perfect unless you heard them (sort of like the T-9000 in Terminator 2).

The opposed check is only for folks trying to see through your disguise, which generally won't be often (likely only if they have a reason to suspect something). Then it is opposed.

If you and the BBEG are of similar shape, then no problem. If not (or vastly different sizes/etc.), you'll have some problems.
NP, I can write something up and post it tomorrow about this time. Which section do you think they should go in? Uncommon or rare I would think.
Likely Rare

EvolutionKB

First Post
I got the email. I wonder if we'll get a lot of other kalashtar pallys after divine power? If so, I put one in already, so two PCs with the same race and class(build) won't happen so close together.;)

hornedturtle

First Post
How do the backgrounds work? I was thinking about making him an actor (imagine an acting troupe of changelings).

Another thing I'm confused about is the proposed treasure/wealth for a new character. I'm tempted just to make my character lv1 just to avoid parcels.

Last edited:

Gunpowder

First Post
Wow, I just wasted 2 hours on editing my character page to result in a halfway page with all wrong numbers. I feel like I just spent that time reading the arcanic writings of the necronomicon and accidentally summoned cthulhu. I have no idea what I did and the result was not pretty. I will try again later.

On the subject of backgrounds, you can make up any background you want but then you pick one perk assiciated with your background which is either an added skill to your class list or a +2 to a skill. You can only benefit from one background. So let's say your actor changeling was also from Sharn. You could pick the Entertainer background from the phb2 and get a +2 bonus to bluff or history. Or you could pick the sharn background and your associated skills would be insight or streetwise.

Remove ads