Character Building

ryryguy

First Post
No worries... I was just disappointed they didn't work out better!

I do still think shaman would make sense for the Talenta halflings. At least I've always gotten a bit of a Native American vibe from them. I might add that to the wiki.

(edit) Although, bah, they don't have any stat synergy for shaman either. It seems like Talenta halflings got kind of screwed by 4e.

ukingsken

First Post
Completely off the current topic, but has anyone ever looked at the insane amount of wizard powers you can have access to when playing a Deva? Or better yet a Human with the Deva Lineage feat?

I was noodling around last night, and by the time I hit Paragon I was choosing which Daily/Utility powers not to take, not the ones to take, because I was choosing like 3 every time!

That seems like such a fun RP choice to me, A human or Deva who is remembering past wizard lives and gaining access to an ever expanding fountain of knowable spells. Combine it with one of the cool spellgem spellbooks (Affixed to his head somehow of course) and I could have a lot of fun with that.

Too bad I already decided on Cleaver, my warforged barbarian! But he will be fun!

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Well I attempted putting it together on the wiki.

LEB:pC:QuestionMark (hornedturtle) - ENWiki

I just couldn't get the misty step to format nicely. I know it needs the fluffy stuff but any suggestions about stuff would be helpful.
Looks good at a glance. A few suggestions:
- You need to spell out your purchases the money tracking section (in addition to the equipment section); you can just lump this as on lump sum of "initial costs"
- You don't note the +1 to will to saving throws, it just adds to your will defense (that's where things like a +1 to ongoing damage that warforged get);
- Just leave the calculated values in powers, not how to calculate them (WotC really frowns on that). E.g., in Eldritch Blast, just put +4, not Charisma (+4). Similarly, for thing that give you bonuses from your pact, just fold that into the power's description where appropriate
- Power Corollaries are things like extra attacks, not bonus from fey pact. That just goes into the regular power description.
- There was a small formatting issue in your daily power (the sheet expected "daily", you used "Daily") I fixed this, but I really need to fix the template.

elecgraystone

First Post
Completely off the current topic, but has anyone ever looked at the insane amount of wizard powers you can have access to when playing a Deva? Or better yet a Human with the Deva Lineage feat?
LOL I have to admit, when I play a wizard most times I don't even bother to pick out the spells in my book. I always pick the spells I want to use on a daily basis so the other ones just sit there...

I've only switched powers once and that was to swap powers the boss was resistant to. After that encounter, they went back and I never switched again. ;)

ukingsken

First Post
I guess the RP potential just really appeals to me. I dont know that it would be particularly useful mechanically but I'd do it anyway just for a lot of fun!

And I think I could make it useful, I'd just end up using a lot of divination rituals to back up my choices... Ooooh second character on LEB you may have to be some kind of diviner.

elecgraystone

First Post
I guess the RP potential just really appeals to me. I don't know that it would be particularly useful mechanically but I'd do it anyway just for a lot of fun!
Well for me there isn't any RP potential. :p

I can RP I'm looking through my spellbook to pick out spells, but not actually changing any of them. I can have the RP without the mostly useless [to me at least] mechanic. Once I set up my character, i don't change things like a set of clothes.

Now if you LIKE swapping spells everyday, more power to you!;)

hornedturtle

First Post
So now that I have my character 75ish% done, it looks like I should level him up to level 4 (ironic since it is 4ed). Any suggestions on what parcels or gear would be good to grab from levels 1-3?

QuestionMark

elecgraystone

First Post
Any suggestions on what parcels or gear would be good to grab from levels 1-3?
Well, do you already have your other parcel picked out? No point in suggesting a category [weapon, armor, ect.] if you already know what you want for it. And are you going to pick any armor or weapon proficiencies? Pick up another implement with a feat? it'll effect your picks.

Remove ads