Character Building

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Hey, are your item powers and features not showing up in the summary? Maybe your class features too? Here's why:

You probably have some lines that look like the following right where the class powers stop and the item powers begin.

(earlier stuff)
|Power Description=This is the last class power in your stat block}}
|Items={{LEB:CS:pCStatBlockItem
(later stuff)

This is no good. What you want is the following:

(earlier stuff)
|Power Description=This is the last class power in your stat block}}{{LEB:CS:pCStatBlockItem
(later stuff)

There's no line break between the "}}" and the "{{", in case your viewing preferences doesn't make that clear.

This should show both your item and class features. I don't know the specifics, but what's happening is that something in the "|Items=" tells the wiki "Ok, I'm done with these power block things." I would guess that it's trying to perform the command associated with "|Items=", and since there is no valid command, it skips ahead to the next thing it understands, which is usually your alignment.

Anyway, this has been coming up a lot in the sheets I've been reviewing (this and arithmetic errors), so I thought it would help to show the fix to everyone.

And speaking of arithmetic errors, when determining your gold and encumbrance, please just whip out a calculator and add everything up, or do it in your head if you're feeling clever. The character builder doesn't always calculate your encumbrance properly.

Erekose13

Explorer
Now that things are a bit quicker around here I think I'll start on my character. Editing those templates was way too much work when it took 10+ minutes to reload the page. Just to clarify, DM points from pre-4e conversion still apply, right? And I noticed that I only had some of my points in the Interface thread, so I'd like to make sure that I have both of the following sources available to me.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/3045944-post3.html = 5 DM points
http://www.enworld.org/forum/3791858-post314.html = 3 DM points

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Now that things are a bit quicker around here I think I'll start on my character. Editing those templates was way too much work when it took 10+ minutes to reload the page. Just to clarify, DM points from pre-4e conversion still apply, right? And I noticed that I only had some of my points in the Interface thread, so I'd like to make sure that I have both of the following sources available to me.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/3045944-post3.html = 5 DM points
http://www.enworld.org/forum/3791858-post314.html = 3 DM points
There is a one-for-two exchange rate between Old DM points and new RPs, so you'll have 16. Enough for one level bump at char creation (and six left over). Details here.

Otakkun

Explorer
Ehm, I need some help. I'm currently building a warlock with both eldritch strike & blast and I ond't know how to put eldrtich strike on the bassic attack section of the template.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hmmm...I'll have to double check this, but even though sword initiate gives you prof with swordmage implements, I don't think it allows you to use them as implements for other classes. You'd have to take arcane implement prof for that I think. I did clean up your summary section for you though.

Edit: My above statement is right, but it doesn't matter. Eldritch strike is not an implement power. What was it you were having trouble formatting? Looking at your sheet, it looks like you might be having trouble getting the melee basic att to key of chr instead of str(for eld strike). I'm not the wiki expert, so I don't know how to change it.

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
With the melee training (or whatever it's called) feats that let you base melee basic attacks off any feat, it seems like the template should be changed to allow you to specify any stat to use for the modifier.

I haven't done templates but I'll take a shot at doing this. (I am a programmer... :))

Otakkun

Explorer
Hmmm...I'll have to double check this, but even though sword initiate gives you prof with swordmage implements, I don't think it allows you to use them as implements for other classes. You'd have to take arcane implement prof for that I think. I did clean up your summary section for you though.

Edit: My above statement is right, but it doesn't matter. Eldritch strike is not an implement power. What was it you were having trouble formatting? Looking at your sheet, it looks like you might be having trouble getting the melee basic att to key of chr instead of str(for eld strike). I'm not the wiki expert, so I don't know how to change it.

Oh what a shame with the sword initiate feat. It seems I'll have to change the feat then since I also want to use the sword as an implement for the other warlock powers. In regards with the trouble, its what you say, I need to key eld strike to cha instead of str.

Kalidrev

First Post
Otakkun, If you were to play as an Eladrin, you could get the Pact Sword from the Adventurer's Vault (if those are legal, not sure....). That would allow you to treat the longsword as a warlock impliment. Combined with the Sword Initiate feat, you would be able to use both Warlock and Swordmage powers with the same weapon.

Remove ads