Proposal - Dragon Magazine 369 - Minotaur

Tinwe

First Post
Yes, I'm sure oversized played a significant part in their choice of race, but Str/Con and Str/Dex are pretty attractive for melee fighters too. When Hrav was created, Bugbears were the only Str/Dex race available. All of the minotaurs were created before PHB2, so it was either minotaur or warforged for Str/Con, and I get the feeling that warforged are an acquired taste.

Pretty much that right there for Grim. The bonus to stealth was nice for a ranger, too, especially for one with a "scout" backstory like Grim.

elecgraystone

First Post
LOL Look at the Githyanki. It's the ONLY CON/INT race. It was the reason I looked at the race in the first place. For an infernal warlock, those stats fit quite nicely. :cool:

This is one thing that bugs me with the race stats so far. Some stat combo's are very common and others are supper rare. It'd be nice to see some more variety.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
LOL Look at the Githyanki. It's the ONLY CON/INT race. It was the reason I looked at the race in the first place. For an infernal warlock, those stats fit quite nicely. :cool:

This is one thing that bugs me with the race stats so far. Some stat combo's are very common and others are supper rare. It'd be nice to see some more variety.

No kidding. My heart broke when revenents turned out to be con/dex instead of con/int.

Kalidrev

First Post
Personally... I think that the reason that the Revenant was Con Dex and not Con Int is because one of the Assassin builds will be Dex Con bassed. I think the other will be Dex Wis or Dex Cha.

elecgraystone

First Post
I agree, but it DOES give a someone who is in a NON MONSTER campaign the chance to use a Dex Con PC.
Not disputing that, but it DOES show the imbalance of some stats. Look at how many +cha +dex races there are! :hmm:

Though now that I think about it, I don't know if I'd place Revenants in the non-monster category.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ok, I'm tired of hearing about the Minotaur. Voting YES to the Dragon 369 Minotaur article, with two additions: existing minotaurs are grandfathered in and can continue to use the MM version or switch to the 369 version at level-up, and new feats and paragon paths from this article can't be used by MM minotaurs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases