PROPOSAL: Dragon Magazine 374

Kalidrev

First Post
Hi all,

It's me again, making another proposal for a Dragon Magazine; this time for issue 374. I decided not to be lazy this time. Issue 374 covers the following:

* Character Concepts: Arcane Characters (Doesn't really need to be voted on since it's only a couple of pregenerated characters)

* Playtest: Players Handbook 3 Hybrid Characters (The first rendition of their rules for Hybrid Characters; got a ton of bad reception on the WOTC boards. I suggest we disallow these rules)

* White Lotus Accademy (A nice description of a random magic accademy and includes the following:

Feats:

Powers:

Paragon Paths:

* Get Familiar (Extra familiars, familiar feats, and another Paragon Path: Familiar Keeper)

* Creature Incarnations: Orcs (A few more monsters write-ups featuring orcs)

* Ecology of the Deva (Lots of good fluff, and the following crunch):

Feats:

* Court of Stars: Prince of Frost (A couple of feats and a paragon path for Fey pact Warlocks)

* Playtest: Players Handbook 3: The Wilden (New Race: The Wilden)

* Ampersand, Design and Development, Confessions of a Full-Time Wizard, and RPGA Report: (Ongoing featured articles, all fluff/description, no crunch; nothing to vote on)

garyh

First Post
Just to remind folks, we don't allow playtest material in L4W. Especially playtest material updated the following month. ;)

Which is too bad, because I like the hybrid rules in D375. :)

Kalidrev

First Post
Wow, well, that should make this issue simple to vote on then. Nix the Wilden and the Hybrid Rules. The Proposal would include the following then:

* White Lotus Accademy (A nice description of a random magic accademy and includes the following:

Feats:

Powers:

Paragon Paths:

* Get Familiar (Extra familiars, familiar feats, and another Paragon Path: Familiar Keeper)
* Ecology of the Deva (Lots of good fluff, and the following crunch):

Feats:

* Court of Stars: Prince of Frost (A couple of feats and a paragon path for Fey pact Warlocks)

covaithe

Explorer
Posting to watch; I don't have anything substantial to contribute at the moment. Except that I think I read the Get Familiar article a while ago and thought it was ok.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Hang on, how is this eligible when AP isn't? Did the new familiars from this come out before AP or something?

Let's shelve this and come back to it when AP is voted on, unless someone specifically wants something from one of the articles.

elecgraystone

First Post
It's the april issue, so it's ready mighty soon if it's not now. Since i don't get the dragon's first hand, I'm not 100% sure what date they show up.

elecgraystone

First Post
Yes, actually. The familiar article did come out before AP did. It was weird.
LOL In an odd way it makes sense to me. Make an article with some cool familiar in it, but if you want to USE them you need to buy the Arcane. Go buy our book quick! It's out soon! ;)

The recent Eberron familiars article follows the trend by frequently referencing information in the AV2 and DMG2.
I find it mildly annoying when they do this. As long as the mechanics can still be used, I'll be happy though. Eberron familiars sound cool!

renau1g

First Post
Note: I'd recommend linking to the final version of the magazine as opposed to the individual articles because sometimes there's been changes to the article going to the final version.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases