PROPOSAL: Dragon Magazine 374

JoeNotCharles

First Post
That's going to be hard since you don't like the premise. I'll give it a go them.

I can try to show balance, but your feelings about the powers?

Maybe I phrased it badly - I just have a suspicion (or maybe I should say a worry) that they're unbalanced because they're so sweeping, even though I can't point to a specific problem.

elecgraystone

First Post
Maybe I phrased it badly - I just have a suspicion (or maybe I should say a worry) that they're unbalanced because they're so sweeping, even though I can't point to a specific problem.
Well, if that's your worry then would making it so that you could only take one White Lotus Academy heroic feat fix your worries? That way you couldn't combine them.

Or instead of worrying about the combination of them, where you worried about them on an individual basis? I'm trying to think of a combo that might seem unbalanced but I'm not having any luck. Anyone else think of anything?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Well, I'm ready to vote:

YES on Get Familiar
YES on Ecology of the Deva
YES on Prince of Frost, with the amendment: change "When you spend an action point, make an attack that has the cold keyword..." to "When you spend an action point to make an attack that has the cold keyword..." (I'm fine with it going in without that amendment, as long as it's understood that's the intent; I see this more as a clarification)

Abstaining on the White Lotus article, since I'm still undecided.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
All right: Get Familiar, Ecology of the Deva, and Prince of Frost have passed. (I guess Prince of Frost has passed without my amendment, since nobody else mentioned it.) I'll update the charter.

White Lotus Academy has 2 votes and is still open.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Changing my vote to YES on White Lotus academy (except for Punishing Eye), since nobody else seems to have a problem with it and I don't want to be the one holding it up.

So now Punishing Eye has 2 YES, 1 NO, and White Lotus Academy has 3 YES and will become legal in 48 hours unless anyone else objects.

covaithe

Explorer
I read the article today. I have some reservations about Punishing Eye too, but everything else seems fine to me.

Just to be explicit, that's a NO on Punishing Eye, and YES to the rest of the White Lotus article.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases