{{L4W:power
|Name=Diabolic Stratagem
|Frequency=Encounter
|ActionType=Standard
|TargetType=Melee
|Keywords=Weapon, martial
|Target=one creature
|Attack=Strength vs Reflex
|Hit=[1W]+Strength modifier damage, and the target is marked until the end of your next turn.
|Effect=You grant the target of this attack combat advantage until the start of your next turn. The first attack the target makes against you before the start of your next turn provokes opportunity attacks from you and your allies.
}}

This power is similar to Hammer-and-Anvil in the PHB, but different enough (IMO) to warrant use.
{{L4W:power
|Name=Hammer and Anvil
|Frequency=Encounter
|ActionType=Standard
|TargetType=Melee
|Keywords=Weapon, martial
|Target=one creature
|Attack=Strength vs Reflex
|Hit=[1w]+Strength modifier damage. One ally adjacent to the target makes a melee basic attack against it as a free action. The ally adds your Charisma modifier to the damage.
}}

I thought I would move this to its own thread since the other one was derailed by Minotaur talk, and Tomalak is probably getting pretty antsy.

I have no problem with this power: like he said, it's like Hammer & Anvil, except instead of giving one ally a free attack with a damage bonus, it gives the victim an incentive to attack you, and only if it takes it, gives every ally in reach a free attack (no damage bonus). So the attacks are slightly weaker, and but there are potentially more of them - it's very situational.

YES

renau1g

First Post
This seems like a cool power to fit in with the Bravura Warlord, get him to come after you and let your allies pummel him. Good show.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
In the other thread, I already voted YES on the entire warlord article. So this is cool with me.

Really? I didn't see any votes in the other thread, I thought it switched to minotaur talk immediately, and never recovered...

EDIT: oh, there it is. It was at the beginning of a post that mainly talked about oversized weapons...

garyh

First Post
Really? I didn't see any votes in the other thread, I thought it switched to minotaur talk immediately, and never recovered...

EDIT: oh, there it is. It was at the beginning of a post that mainly talked about oversized weapons...

Behold!

Heh, you added your edit between my first loading your post and me hitting "quote."

Remove ads