Proposal: Divine Power

nerdytenor

First Post
Start your 3-month timer, folks - Divine Power is here!

Only had a few minutes to look this over today. Very happy with what I've seen so far. Tander will definitely be picking up some of the new cleric options if/when approved.

Dunamin

First Post
Only had a few minutes to look this over today. Very happy with what I've seen so far. Tander will definitely be picking up some of the new cleric options if/when approved.
Finding some good stuff to save our (oft-punished) bacon, ey? :D

If our adventure careers in the Closed Eye maintain the an-inch-from-total-eradication trend, we'll need it!

(Some anti-wraith cleric mojo would be particularly useful now...)

nerdytenor

First Post
One of the cleric options is to trade turn-undead for a heal-bloodied-allies type power, although I'm thinking we're gonna need as much undead-turning as possible in Closed Eye... :)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I leafed throught this in the store yesterday. I like the concept of the domain feats, although I haven't looked at the specific feats. When I finally get the book I'm looking forward to mapping them to our gods!

covaithe

Explorer
On a tangentially related subject... For those of you who pay more attention than I do, is there any sign on the horizon of WotC selling digital versions of this, or any of their other recent products?

elecgraystone

First Post
On a tangentially related subject... For those of you who pay more attention than I do, is there any sign on the horizon of WotC selling digital versions of this, or any of their other recent products?
Nope! WOTC's current stance is they are out of the PDF business except for dragon/dungeon.

What better way to discourage pirating than by removing all legal PDF's? That way anyone, like me, that wants to have the books on his netbook have only two options. Lug around a huge pile of books or download illegal copies. :-S

Brilliant move WOTC! you might as well drive to the pirate's house and help them with the PDF! Idiots... :hmm:

ryryguy

First Post
Well, there has been some speculation that WotC's move in yanking the PDF's from third party sellers was in anticipation of WotC wanting to take over that business for itself, in some yet to be determined form.

However, that's just speculation. The current situation is PDFs are not for sale by anyone, pretty much with the effect that elec described.

elecgraystone

First Post
Well, there has been some speculation that WotC's move in yanking the PDF's from third party sellers was in anticipation of WotC wanting to take over that business for itself, in some yet to be determined form.
If this is the case, they are keeping VERY tight lipped about it. Even if this WERE the case, it would be in there best interest to publicize that. If you know that you're going to be able to get a high quality WOTC PDF, it's be worth waiting a bit for instead of trying to finding a crappy photocopied bootleg version. As it is, those that REALLY want or need the PDF will already have them by the time they get off their butts. :erm:

WOTC just makes me sad lately.

Malanore

First Post
I'm doing the toting method :(

Already dropped the MM and DMG from my list of carry around in a heavy bag, now the FRPG and EPG are also dropped, only to be used when I level and I don't know what I'm gonna cut out when AV2 comes out.

Back to the subject at hand, which is Divine Power!

YAY I have feats to take!

Domains at will augmentors were cool till I noticed two trends for clercis. Not a single augment for Sacred Flame and about a third of the augments work with righteous brand. As if Righteous Brand wasn't already ridiculous, now you can hand out a -2 to AC for a round with it as well. An 18 Str Flanking cleric hands out a +8 to one person to hit their target.

I don't really have a problem with any of the at will augment feats, just that sacred flame got shafted while righteous brand got lots of love. It's like they are trying to tell ranged clerics they can't ever do damage (the non damaging wisdom at-will from this book got lots of love as well)

Demonsbane and Devilsbane are much needed feats, but now there's enough feats you don't have room to take them for a while :)

Paladins, especially STR paladins got lots of love with this book, nothing too overly powerful, although Str AND Cha to Divine Challenge damage might get a little powerful with a 25 point buy build, especially when STR paladins still need CHA for the new Divine Sanction ability. But hey, paladins have suffered long enough it's not that big of a deal I don't think. I can see Divine Challenge hitting 9 - 10 damage for starting balanced paladins.

A couple things should probably be pointed out because they aren't spelled out in the book

Creation Doman Channel Divinity still uses your Daily Item usage, it just doesn't expend the power from the item.

In relation to Holy Speech, Per PHB p25 1st Level characters can't choose Abyssal or Supernal as a 1st level character. So a background with knowing the Supernal language is not a free ticket to 2 successes in social skill challenges with your bard just by taking that feat.

Otherwise, at least for paladins and clerics, as I know little about invokers and avengers, everything looks to be nice and balanced. I think they finally did it right.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases