Star Wars Classics: Tatooine Manhunt

possum

First Post
The Imperial star destroyer Relentless floats through space, a multitude of lights reflecting off of its stark grey hull. The three-tiered Kwenn space station orbits silently over the planet below, the large Imperial ship not its only customer of the day. Numerous ships have docked at the facility, the majority of them refueling and restocking before heading into or out of the Outer Rim.

The audience chamber of the Relentless is dark, its lights dimmed to strike even more fear into the heart of the condemned that will soon enter. Twin blast doors slide open, revealing the dark interior of the massive chamber to the captured. An Imperial captain stands upon a high platform, flanked by lower officers. The two stormtroopers march in, dropping a manacled prisoner at the feet of Captain Parlan, the commander of the warship.

"The charge," Parlan demands, his voice void of any emotion.

One of the stormtroopers snaps to attention. "Piracy, sir," he snaps. "Caught him just a few hours ago."

"Kill the scum," Parlan replies coldly. The stormtroopers charge their rifles and throw the pirate down to the ground.

"Wait!" the prisoner screams, frantically trying to get the attention of the officer who had just condemned him to death. "I have something to bargain with. Information important to the Emperor ... in exchange for my life."

Parlan's dead eyes gleam triumphantly as the prisoner cries out for mercy. He raises a hand to halt the execution. "Go ahead. I'm all ears."

"Tallon...it concerns Adar Tallon."

Parland listens intently to the pirate's tale, then issues orders to the junior officers at his side. Quietly and apparently out of sight to the eyes of the others, a female ensign pockets a data storage pad and slips away as the others are dismissed.

The commander issues one final order. "Lieutenant Voor, send for the bounty hunters."

Kwenn Space Station

S'Sheer: Are you sure this is where we're supposed to meet this Dana person?

Darryn" Sure I'm sure! This is the place in her message--Kwenn space station.

Als: Yup, good ol' Kwenn. The final fuel and supply point before the Outer Rim Territories. Why would Dana choose such a desolate place for a pick up?

S'Sheer: Probably because her last assignment was an undercover mission aboard the Relentless.

Stella: You mean she was on that Imperial monstrosity parked outside?

Als: Not only on it, she served as an officer these past few months, gathering all kinds of information for the Alliance.

S'Sheer: Still, her mission had another few weeks to go. I wonder why she decided to jump ship early?

Stella: Her message sounded urgent. Code Green: Agent in trouble, pick up immediately.

Als: And she mentioned the name Adar Tallon.

Darryn: Who?

S'Sheer: What planet are you from? Commander Tallon was a hero back before the Empire, in the days of the Old Republic.

Als: He was a brilliant tactitian and naval officer. He served with Dodonna back in the Clone Wars, too. His starfighter strategies were years ahead of their time, and still used today.

Darryn: You mean the guy whose statues were torn down by the Emperor a few years back? That Adar Tallon? I thought he was dead.

Als: He is. Commandor Tallon died fighting pirates in the Dalchon sector. His ship was completely obliterated: no wreckage, no survivors. Not even enough to give a decent burial.

S'Sheer: Don't be gross. Let's just get to the rendezvous point, find Dana, and get back to the ship as soon as we can. I'll feel a whole lot better with some distance between us and that Star Destroyer out there.

Als: She should be right around this next corner.

S'Sheer: There she is! Wasn't she supposed to be alone?

Stella: I've got a bad feeling about this...

Dana slumps to the ground for seemingly no reason. Near a rapidly closing airlock you see her lying at the feet of an Imperial officer. You can recognize her from the holofile in your ship's computer. Next to the Imperial are two rough and dangerous-looking customers: a short and wiry female in padded armor, and a tall, scaley humanoid armed with a blaster rifle. Behind them, beyond the airlock, stands a figule dressed in deadly Mandalorian battle armor. Under his helmet, you can feel him glare at you as the door slams shut.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"You've got that right." The doctor whispered.

He was fairly sure the clothes he was wearing were really approriate to the fringe, and he had made an effort to appear as a 'simple country doctor' rather than the aristocratic core worlds surgeon that he actually was, but in truth he was still fairly new at undercover work (OOC: took 10 on deception = 21 to create a deceptive appearance).

If he actually had to use his any of his medical equipment and someone got a good look at it, that appearance wasn't going to last very long; it was too obviously expensive. But if he was patching people up after a firefight, their cover probably had frayed at least a little anyway.

OOC/Description: Dr. Darryn Leqarna is about average height for a human, slender, fair-skinned, blue-eyed, and dark-haired. He looks to be a little under thirty years old.

Last edited:

Galphanore

First Post
Als surreptitiously glances around to try to make sure there isn't an ambush coming up from behind, and try to see if there is a clear path of escape should things go as horribly wrong as they first appear they may.

[sblock=Appearance]At the moment Als looks like a 5'10" human in simple workers garb with no visible weapons and just a simple belt with a comm on it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Stella looked warily at the agent they were suppoused to meet and then let her eyes slide along to those with the agent. The Replica Droid considered the situation with her spy programming, it would seem to be wisest to pass up the meeting, to tail the agent and those with her once they decided that the rebels weren't comming to meet them. Still, capture wouldn't be the worst situation, she had a blaster pistol hidden in an her intenal compartment, as well as a security kit that she'd be able to use to get through just about any kind of security.

The small woman with hair so blonde that it was white placed her hand on the blaster that was strapped to her right thigh. The black holster stood out in stark relief against the royal blue body stocking that hugged her limbs. Her blue eyes matched the color of her body stocking, and the black vest she was wearing matched the black of the holster on her thigh the pair of matte handles poking up out of the belt that circled her narrow waist.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
S'Sheer sneered at the sight and flings the rifle from his back to hang at his side. The short 'Dosh had a dark armored flightsuit that contrasted his black scales. It was easy to imagine him to just dissappear from sight in the dark corridors of the station. As he flexed his right fist an observant looker might notice a blade sliding out of his glove. Shall we? He asked impatiently with a slight hiss in his voice.

[sblock=OOC]Just noticed it's Tatooine Manhunt. I hope it doesn't matter that I've played it once. We never got far and I don't remember much. Just thought to let you know. But if I remember right, the reptilian bountyhunter is another Trandoshan, ain't it? Just noting that S'Sheer would probably notice it :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
The small astromech hovers discreetly amidst the odd assortment of humanoids; the smooth contours of its russet colored chassis broken only by a projecting scomplink probe whirling quietly in a nearby computer interface socket next to which the group had been waiting. QB-4 had been largely focused on monitoring the station's routine activities and general goings-on via its computer network while the group discussed their current mission.

At the sound of a nearby altercation however, the shoulder-width droid rotates its top hemisphere to focus its primary photoreceptor on the events unfolding at the airlock. Within moments its heuristic processor has analyzed the situation, begun to withdraw its consciousness from within the station's network and transferred data to its vocabulator buffer. QB-4's neutral voice evokes a serene tone as it issues forth from a small grill next to the astromech's large black photoreceptor.

"Compassion, a sense of responsibility and virtuous
actions are the path to fulfillment. But consider that
anger, fear and rash actions are obstacles that seek
to waylay us. So fill your minds with compassion and
speak softly to those who would waylay you."

The spherical astromech ends its brief monologue
with a short burst of chirping binary speech.

"01001101 01100001 01111001 00100000 01110100
01101000 01100101 00100000 01000011 01101111
01100100 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100101
00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000
00100000 01110101 01110011 00101110"

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Code:
| | | | | |A|A| | | | | | | | | 
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 
| | | | |B|I|B| | | | | | | | | 
| | | | | |D| | | | | | | | | | 

A=Airlock door
B=Bounty hunter
I=Imperial officer
D=Dana's body

((OOC: Okay, please roll for initiatives using Invisible Castle and roll your HPs using that as well, if you haven't already done so.))

drothgery

First Post
Initiative: 1d20+9=23

OOC: Where are we at? On the other side of the airlock?

If a fight's clearly breaking out, then Darryn will Inspire Confidence (+1 to attack for everyone), then start making his way to Dana's side (because if she's not dead yet, it's likely he can keep her alive).

Shalimar

First Post
Initiative - Encounter 1 (1d20+11=19)

Stella processed the scene instantly, it wouldn't matter if the empire was after her anymore than they already were, they would just give her back to the Research Bureau regardless, and the others already had death marks for being part of the rebellion regardless. In a flas of movement almost to fast to see she had both of miniature vibro-axes in her hands and was flowing towards the Imperial officer and the bounty hunter on his left in a seemingly unstoppable avalance of motion.

OOC: My action depends on how close to the enemy we are. If we are within 12 squares of the bad guys: Swift action to quickdraw both Vibro-axes, move action towards them, and then charge.

Charging attack (Rapid Strike) (1d20+11=17, 3d8+12=19) if its a miss she still deals 4 damage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases