"The Electric Eye" and "The Role of Computers"

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hey there. I decided to use these columns to source video game articles on Wikipedia. I started with "Eye", which ran in most issues from ''Dragon'' #33-63 and apparently ended abruptly, and it looks like I used it up. :) ''The Role of Computers'' didn't start until #110, so I have to wonder if there was anything in that critical 1982-1986 phase! :) I know there was something, even if it wasn't a regular column, because issue #65 has reviews on the original Wizardry, Akalabeth, and Crush, Crumble and Chomp, so they must have been up to something in that time! What do you historians know?

(un)reason

Legend
Hmm. Starts scanning. The only one I can find after that is a review of Dunzhin in issue 71. From thereafter to issue 109, there's sod-all. I suspect a combination of the video game crash of 83, and the fact the magazine was going through one of it's periods of paying less attention to stuff outside roleplaying let them to think it wasn't important to them anymore.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Thanks - that's about all I was aware of, too. Oh well, if they don't exist then they don't exist. :)

Sigh, I've recently been throwing out my Draogn mag collection *cry* and was reading XCOM and DOOM reviews as I was doing so...
I miss those articles, they weren't "computer games magazine false", jsut fun and normal.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases