Give me the idea, I build the monster

FunkBGR

Explorer
I could use a Ki-Rin, been looking for one.

I pegged them at Paragon or higher, just because of the Unicorns being similar (Ki-Rin is like a japanese unicorn, but usually has more spells or abilities devoted to good)

Sporemine

First Post
Good job mesh, although, if you look at how a good encounter for these guys would be set up (for me), it usually would involve 16 of them falling off of the celing and landing on the party, stacking auras and causing mayhem.

Kudos on the other suggestion and feel free to take a shot at any of the others.

-Sporemine

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
1st level giant snakes. I really need plain old snakes and all the ones in the MM are fancy higher level.

A constrictor snake would be nice.

I made this by copying a rat swarm...thoughts?

Snake Swarm Level 1 Soldier
Size origin type (keyword) XP 100
Initiative +6 Senses Perception +6
Swarm Attack Aura aura 1; the snake swarm makes a basic attack as a free action against each enemy that begins its turn in it's aura.
HP 30; Bloodied 15
AC 17; Fortitude 14; Reflex 16; Will 13
Immune fear; Resist half damage from melee and ranged attacks; Vulnerable 5 against close and area attacks
Speed 7
Action Points #
[M] Swarm of Fangs (standard, at-will)
+7 vs Armor Class: 1d10+3 damage, or 2d10+3 damage against a
prone target
M Pull Down (standard, at-will)
+6 vs Fortitude; the target is knocked prone
Alignment Unaligned Languages --
Str 15 (+2) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 14 (+2) Int 2 (-4) Cha 10 (+0)
Equipment; --

Cwheeler

First Post
I've had an interesting creature concept kicking around my head:

A lurker that doesn't have it's own pnysical body, but instead jumps rapidly from bystander to bystander, posessing them for a round before moving on. This kind of creature would be great for a crowded market place, and could pose a re-occuring threat that the PC's have to hunt down and isolate in order to kill.

aco175

Legend
It may sound boring, but I was looking for average npc's. People similar to the dwarf bolter or hammerer(er). I've seen a few, like polearm guy, guard 3rd level, and mid-level necromancer. Maybe a list of cool powers to give people along with some recharge ideas. Tks

Sporemine

First Post
Wow this is popular...

I'm probably going to do a creation bonanza for about 3 hours on the weekend but anybody else can go ahead.

A couple of things:

Cwheeler, cool idea but are you thinking incorpreal or no existence outside of a living body. I can see some sort of ghost doing this but anything that has no physical body and can switch at will is going to be invincible.

Fanboy, I can do pixies but i'm going to need just a bit more information to make what you want.

Skidace, kewl snake swarm. Do you want another swarm or a snake?

FunkBGR, What level range and monster role do you want?

Chronoplasm, do you still want me to make that mental disease thingy?

Rechan, I lent all of my 3.5 books to a friend, so, I need to know if yellow mold is the slippery one or something else.

Kudos until next time

-Sporemine

illathid

First Post
Well, as long your taking suggestions, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Quori (living nightmares from Eberron) brought into 4e. I thought there would be at least one in the new ECG, but sadly that is not the case. Thanks in advance!

Cwheeler

First Post
Cwheeler, cool idea but are you thinking incorpreal or no existence outside of a living body. I can see some sort of ghost doing this but anything that has no physical body and can switch at will is going to be invincible.

The creature being initally invincible is the idea. (I know, I have a strange approach to encounter design, but I don't want them to be about to deal with everything straight away. I ejoy building cinematic moments and character dilemmas)

At first the creature is randomly attacking the populace in a city. Perhaps it begins targeting the PC's. It could be anyone, at any time, and when they fight it, it jumps to another person, leaving an innocent bystander behind.

The adventure becomes about two things: trying to ensure that people survive, and getting the creature into a situation where they can lock it into a single space/body, prbably using a magic circle or similar ritual.

It wouldn't need to be entirely invincible though. It could, instead, keep the HP damage it had taken when it jumps to a new person, but the host is left with damage as well (Perhaps they both take damage simultaneously, or damage is split between the two).

Cwheeler

First Post

The creature being initally invincible is the idea. (I know, I have a strange approach to encounter design, but I don't want them to be about to deal with everything straight away. I ejoy building cinematic moments and character dilemmas)

At first the creature is randomly attacking the populace in a city. Perhaps it begins targeting the PC's. It could be anyone, at any time, and when they fight it, it jumps to another person, leaving an innocent bystander behind.

The adventure becomes about two things: trying to ensure that people survive, and getting the creature into a situation where they can lock it into a single space/body, prbably using a magic circle or similar ritual.

It wouldn't need to be entirely invincible though. It could, instead, keep the HP damage it had taken when it jumps to a new person, but the host is left with damage as well (Perhaps they both take damage simultaneously, or damage is split between the two).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases