DDI Monster Builder preview hidden in this month's Confessions of a Full-Time Wizard

fissionessence

First Post
As always, I enjoyed this month's Confessions of a Full-Time Wizard article. However, I expect this is a column many people might skip. I also expect many of those same people are interested in the DDI Monster Builder.

If that's you, give this month's column a shot; Shelly gets Peter Schaefer to let her use the Monster Builder, and she recreates a childhood imaginary friend/monster. It has several tidbits about the program that I won't spoil here, since that would kind of ruin the point of me encouraging you to read it :)

EDIT: Changed the title so that 'monster builder' is at the front instead of 'Confessions'.

~ fissionessence

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
Oh, Shelly. You're so silly. :)

I wonder if Shelly's columns have had a positive impact on bringing in girls and the hip types.

But that's another topic.

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
I'm not a girl and I don't think you'd mistake me for hip, but I get a big kick out of her columns.

It's refreshing to see a different view of things!

vagabundo

Adventurer
Hmmm monster creation goodness.

I fear this will be the death of the DM elite; if everyone can make custom monsters some of our mysticism will be taken by the secular masses - those damn players...

EDIT: Count me as a Shelly fan too, I always chuckle.

Ktulu

First Post
She may be referring to Monster with Glasses, Bee Monster, and Red Monster

No, no; this is too obvious and doesn't cast WotC in a bad light.

They obviously left out every monster I wanted in there. This product is no longer worth my time and I'm going to cancel my DDi subscription that I've paid for a year in advance on, thus making my knee-jerk moot.

:)

It was a very cool article. Shelly reminds me of a friend who used to game with me (also a girl, and also with the funny). It's too bad she moved out of the group.

--Side note: I wonder how far out the builder really is. At least once a week we have been given some sort of information on it, plus images and such that make you believe most of the back-end must be finished (I work in software development; you don't usually show the enhancment to your clients until you're close to production). I'm banking on a 30-60 day window.

Remove ads