Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, IC03

Leif

Adventurer
Re-Cap of the Minx Brothers' answer to Kerlan's questions:

KerlanRayne said:
"Settlement to the North? I assume that you mean Bostwick. We have heard about it but not visited it yet."

"Well, since everything is settled we shall begin setting up camp for the night. It's getting late. Would you care to join us for dinner? I have other minor things to talk about."

Kerlan begins setting up camp. During dinner, he asks about a few of the rumors they heard after defeating the Ogres. He asks about Larin Karr, the "Birds of Prey," The Wyrm of Quail Valley aka Larentiss, and a witch living in the forest.

You can just summarize the info instead of having the two brothers bounce back and forth while talking.

"Yes, yes, Bostwick is the name of the town, thank you!" [OOC: DM's Brain Cramp] "Larin Karr, now there's a name I've not heard for a long time. Last I heard he was dead. He was a wizard like you fellows. Well, not like you fellows, because his heart was as black as his skin -- he was Drow, you know. Yes, the world is much better off without Mr. Larin Karr."

Then Borden speaks up, "I'm not so sure that I'd take the news of his death to heart so easily. Villains with as much power as Larin Karr had, HAS, are bound to have a few tricks up their sleeve to cheat death at least once."

Garsen then continues, "Yes, well, I guess you're right, Borden, but I've heard several times that he was dead, and I certainly haven't seen him around lately, have you?? Anyway, back to your questions: The Birds of Prey are a band of adventurers like yourselves in the Valley. I have not seen them for some time, either. Larentiss is real. A witch, a witch, I don't know. Borden, do you suppose they mean Old Sascha??"

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Borden (blue) and Garsen (green) Minx

"Sascha is a wizard lady that lives in the forest with her two pet ogres. That's why I call her a witch. She is not a troublesome sort, and keeps to herself mostly, but she's not the sort you would want to depend upon, either."

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Pet Ogres? That doesn't sound good. But she's a wizard, huh? We may pay her a visit sometime." Kerlan continues talking during dinner. They all share in telling them about taking the keep back and what they found about the Crushed Skull Orcs. As the dinner ends he thanks the brothers and wishes them goodnight.

Leif

Adventurer
Borden (blue) and Garsen (green) Minx

As Kerlan is rising, Borden says, "I don't know that I'd be taking such a casual attitude to dropping in for a visit with Sascha, if I was you. The term 'witch' is not applied to her casually, and I have heard that she is fully deserving of that appellation, though, thankfully, Garsen and I have been lucky enough to maintain a healthy distance from her, so we don't know firsthand."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Capizzio gets up with a strech and a yawwwwwn as he moseys over to the fire for rations for breakfast. he really has little to say this morning. looking about the assess the general attitudes of those present.

edit: thanks Hero, correction made, though tylara may never know the truth

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Francheska Walova (evoker)

Francheska stays quiet and smolders during the evening meal. For the night, she finds a spot just away from the others to sleep.

In the morning, Francheska rises at her usual time to study spells and meditate.

Leif

Adventurer
Morning in the Minx Abode

The wizards, as per usual, begin to awaken shortly before dawn. (Old habits die hard, and you learned to get up early at Whirtlestaff's, because anyone still abed when the first rays of sunlight began creeping above the horizon typically found themselves scrubbing chamber pots, copying scrolls endlessly, "volunteering" as subjects for the Advanced Polymorph Lab, and other even more unsavory tasks.) At any rate, this morning the wizards are treated to delicious smells and cheery sizzling sounds when they awaken. Borden is seated at the table already, knife and fork in hand, napkin tucked into his shirt, and ravenous hunger in his eyes. "Ah, the wizards awaken. Come ahead lads and ladies, and join me."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

Curious as to what might be on the menu this morning, Tylara gathers her things quickly and moves to join Borden. "So what's made you so chipper this morning?" she asks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases