Details from the WotC 2010 Spring catalog

thalmin

Retired game store owner
WotC Spring 2010 Catalog
We finally got our catalog. Here are the details for products next spring.

Roleplaying Games

Underdark a D&D Supplement by Rob Heinsoo and Andy Collins
No realm in the D&D world stirs the imagination like the Underdark. This vast subterranean domain holds thousands of adventure possibilities and myriad threats, including drow, mind flayers, dragons, and worse! Entire campaigns can unfold in its depths, and its rewards are boundless.
Underdark contains everything a Dungeon Master needs to run adventures or campaigns set in the vast underworld of his or her D&Dcampaign, including new monsters and hazards, ready-to-play encounters, monster lairs, and detailed information on various dark-dwelling “movers and shakers.”
Jan 19, 2010
160 page hardcover $29.95

Player’s Handbook Races: Dragonborn a D&D Supplement by James Wyatt
If you want to play the ultimate dragonborn hero, this book is for you!
This expansion of the Player’s Handbook core rulebook explores the mysteries of the dragonborn. It presents D&D players with exciting new options for their dragonborn characters, including unique racial feats, powers, paragon paths, and epic destinies. This book also includes ways to flesh out your dragonborn character’s background and personality.
Jan 19, 2010
32 page softcover, $9.95

Galaxy of Intrigue a Star Wars Roleplaying Game Supplement by Rodney Thompson, Eric Cagle, and Gary Astleford
The Star Wars galaxy is rife with treachery and intrigue, from the machinations of Darth Sidious and the Bothan SpyNet to the secret agendas of the Rebel Alliance and the Empire. This supplement gives players and Gamemasters everything they need to run games and play characters in a galaxy of intrigue.
This book provides new options and gear for nobles and other sly-minded characters, as well as a host of adventure hooks and campaign seeds that can be used to inject elements of intrigue into campaigns of all eras. It also includes rules for running skill challenges.
This supplement gives players new options (talents, feats, prestige classes, and equipment) for their noble characters, as well as other characters that revel in diplomacy, bluffing, and intimidation.
Jan 19, 2010
224 page hardcover, $39.95

Martial Power 2 a D&D Supplement by Richard Baker
Sharpen your sword and tighten your bow! This must-have book is the latest in a line of player-friendly game supplements offering hundreds of new options for D&D characters, specifically focusing on martial heroes. It provides new archetypal builds for fighters, rangers, rogues, and warlords, as well as new character powers, feats, paragon paths, and epic destinies.
Feb 16, 2010
160 page hardcover, $29.95

HS1 Reavers of Harkenwold a D&D Heroic Tier Adventure by Richard Baker
Harken Keep has fallen, and what’s left of the Barony of Harkenwold will soon fall under evil’s sway unless brave heroes take action to overthrow the dreaded Iron Circle and their monstrous allies.
This heroic-level D&D adventure is designed to take characters from 1st to 4th level. HS1 Reavers of Harkenwold can be played as a stand-alone adventure or as the first part of a three-part series (“Shadow Over Nentir Vale”) that spans ten levels of gameplay. This product includes two adventure booklets, a full-color battle map, and illustrations of sights and scenes featured in the adventure.
Feb 16, 2010
96 pages, $24.95

Divine Power Cards a D&D Accessory
Players using Divine Power Cards don’t need to crack open a rulebook every time they use a power – all the crucial information is right in front of their eyes. Simply select the cards for your character’s powers and you’re ready to play!
Each deck of 100 nonrandom cards includes all the powers from Divine Power for one of the four classes featured in the book – avenger, cleric, invoker, and paladin – plus a few blank cards for players to use for other powers.
Feb 16, 2010
$9.99

Player’s Handbook 3 a D&D Core Rulebook by Mike Mearls, Rob Heinsoo, and Robert J. Schwalb
Player’s Handbook 3 expands the range of options available to D&D players with new classes, races, poers, and other material.
This book builds on the array of classes and races presented in the Player’s Handbook and Player’s Handbook 2 core rulebooks, presenting old favorites and new, never-before-seen options to the game. Player’s Handbook 3 also adds the psionic power source to the 4th Edition D&D game, along with several new classes that harness this power source.
New classes will include the monk, and new races will include the minotaur and githzerai.
March 16, 2010
224 page hardcover, $34.95

Harrowing Halls – Dungeon Tiles a D&D Accessory
This D&D Roleplaying Game accessory gives Dungeon Masters an easy and inexpensive way to include great-looking terrain in their games. This set provides ready-to-use, configurable tiles and three-dimensional enhancements with which to build exciting encounter locations.
This accessory contains four double-sided sheets of illustrated, die-cut terrain tiles on heavy cardstock, plus two sheets of three-dimensional terrain elements, allowing you to create platforms, staircases, and other dungeon fixtures.
March 16, 2010
$11.95

Hammerfast a D&D Supplement
A Dwarven Outpost Adventure Site by Mike Mearls
Need an exciting adventure location for your heroes to explore? Look no further.
Hammerfast presents a fully detailed, ready-to-use dwarven town, complete with secret location, maps, adventure hooks, monster and NPC statistics, ready-to-ply encounters, and a full-color, double-sided battle map. The book is perfect for Dungeon Masters looking for an intrigue-laden adventure location that fits instantly and easily into their existing D&D campaigns.
The dwarven outpost Hammerfastis described in the Dungeon Master’s Guide core rulebookand gets mentioned often in D&D published adventures. However, this is the first time the town has been fuly detailed. In addition to the adventure location, Hammerfast can serve as the base of operations for characters exploring Nentir Vale.
April 20, 2010
32 page softcover, $11.95

The Plane Above: Secrets of the Astral Sea a D&D Supplement by Rob Heinsoo
On the Astral Sea, characters face off against angels, devils, githyanki, and even the gods and their exarchs while exploring dungeons, raiding astral galleons, and establishing themselves as demigods. This game supplement builds on the overview of the Astral Sea presented in the Manual of the Planes game supplement and explores the heavenly plane in greater detail. From the cavernous layers of Nine Hells to the dark dungeons of Tytherion, adventure awaits in every astral dominion and on the vast, uncharted sea that stretches between them.
This game supplement describes the Astral Sea and key locations throughout the plane. It alos presents a multitude of new monsters, as well as adventure hooks, encounters, hazards, and everything Dungeon Masters need to make the Astral Sea a featured setting in their campaigns.
April 20, 2010
160 page hardcover, $29.95

The Unknown Regions a Star Wars Roleplayiong Game Supplement by Rodney Thompson
Far from the cityscape of Coruscant, beyond the fringe planets of the Outer Rim, lies a vast region of space called the Unknown Regions. The Unknown Regions are mysterious and uncharted. They are home to strange aliens, violent slavers, and the forgotten remnants of ancient civilizations that have lived in isolation for eons.
This sourcebook gives players and Gamemasters everything they need to run and play in campaigns featuring scouts, exploration, and adventure in the uncharted reaches of the Star Wars galaxy. The Unknown Regions allows Gamemasters to take their exiting campaigns in bold new directions, or this book can be used to jumpstart a new campaign that focuses on exploring the unknown.
April 20, 2010
224 page hardcover, $39.95

Miniatures

War at Sea Starter an Axis & Allies Naval Miniatures Starter
Get ready for the all-new War at Sea starter game. Each starter comes with a rule book, dice, battle map, and 8 historically accurate miniatures. Fast-paced and action-packed, this WWII naval miniatures game will let players recreate historical battles or go head-to-head in tactical naval warfare that rages across massive 30”x40” battle maps. Miniatures are pre-painted and made of durable plastic, ready to battle right out of the box! Revised and expanded rulebook introduces night fighting and weaqther rules. Units included: USS Montpelier, TBF-1 Avenger aircraft, HMAS Nizam, and the IJN Haguro.
Jan 19,2010
$24.95

Dark Times Star Wars Miniatures Booster
For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire. But the Jedi have fallen, and sinister forces control the galaxy…the dark times are here.
Re-enact and create your own battles from the dark times between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV: A New Hope. Collect Chewbacca, A’Sharad Hett, Major Veers, IG-88, Boushh, and all your other favorite characters from the Star Wars universe!
Each booster contains 7 random pre-painted miniatures with cards from a set of 40 figures, including new characters from the Dark Times comics.
Jan 19, 2010
$14.99

Three-Dragon Ante: Emperor’s Gambit a D&D Game by Rob Heinsoo
This fun card game updates the popular Three-Dragon Ante card game, adding new cards and new ways to foil your opponents! Designed for 2-6 players, Three-Dragon Ante: Emperor’s Gambit showcases dragons and iconic character archtypes from the D&D world. Easy to learn and play, this game is great for everyone, from dedicated D&D games to poker fans to casual card players. D&D characters can also play Three-Dragon Ante: Emperor’s Gambit within the contest of any D&D campaign. In addition to the added cards and rules, this game also contains complete rules for the original Three-Dragon Antecard game.
Feb 16, 2010
$14.99

Player’s Handbook Heroes: Series 3 aD&D Accessory
The Player’s Handbook Heroes: Series 3 expansion for the D&D Roleplaying Game features high-quality miniatures representing iconic player character races and classes described in the Player’s Handbook andPlayer’s Handbook2 core rulebooks. There are six packs in all: 1 pack of divine heroes, 1 pack of martial heroes, 2 packs of arcane heroes, and 2 packs of primal heroes.
Each pack contains 3 visible, high-quality, non-random plastic miniatures representing D&D player characters. Each miniature comes beautifully painted and fully assembled. (NOTE: no mention is made of power cards in this set.)
Feb 16, 2010
$10.99

War at Sea: Condition Zebra an Axis & Allies Naval Miniatures Booster
All hands on deck for the third expansion to the War at Sea naval miniatures game. War at Sea: Condition Zebra will contain 40 pre-painted , highly detailed miniatures that war gamers and WWII enthusiasts can use to conduct World War II naval battles. Battleships, submarines and aircraft will help you bring the battle to your opponent. With this set, players can add to their existing navies and go head-to-head in naval warfare that rages across massive 30”x40” battle maps.
March 16, 2010
$14.99

Monster Manual: Streets of Shadow a D&D Miniatures Expansion
The Monster Manual: Streets of Shadow expansion for D&D features pre-painted plastic miniatures of iconic monsters from the Monster Manual and Monster Manual 2 core rulebooks, as well as other D&D game supplements. This 40-figure set includes monsters of various levels and roles, and each booster pack allows Dungeon Masters to run a ready-to-play D&D encounter right out of the box!
Each booster pack contains 1 visible non-random miniature and 4 hidden random miniatures.
April 21, 2010
$14.99

Masters of the Force a Star Wars Miniatures Booster
Masters of the Force features 40 characters from across the Star Wars saga, including several popular Force-users from the feature films and the Expanded Universe. The set also includes an array of creatures featured in the Dejarik game played be Chewbacca and R2-D2 in Episode IV: A New Hope.
Each booster pack contains 7 random pre-painted miniatures with stat cards.
April 21, 2010
$14.99

edit: Novels are listed in Post # 11.

Attachments

• Dragonborn.jpg
    Dragonborn.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 3,373
  • Martial Powers 2.jpg
    Martial Powers 2.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 3,115
  • PHB3.jpg
    PHB3.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 702
  • Plane Above.jpg
    Plane Above.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 3,701
  • Reavers of Harkenwold.jpg
    Reavers of Harkenwold.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 3,859
  • Underdark.jpg
    Underdark.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 3,373
Last edited:

JeffB

Legend
HS1 Reavers of Harkenwold a D&D Heroic Tier Adventure by Richard Baker
Harken Keep has fallen, and what’s left of the Barony of Harkenwold will soon fall under evil’s sway unless brave heroes take action to overthrow the dreaded Iron Circle and their monstrous allies.
This heroic-level D&D adventure is designed to take characters from 1st to 4th level. HS1 Reavers of Harkenwold can be played as a stand-alone adventure or as the first part of a three-part series (“Shadow Over Nentir Vale”) that spans ten levels of gameplay. This product includes two adventure booklets, a full-color battle map, and illustrations of sights and scenes featured in the adventure.
Feb 16, 2010
96 pages, $24.95

Hammerfast a D&D Supplement
A Dwarven Outpost Adventure Site by Mike Mearls
Need an exciting adventure location for your heroes to explore? Look no further.
Hammerfast presents a fully detailed, ready-to-use dwarven town, complete with secret location, maps, adventure hooks, monster and NPC statistics, ready-to-ply encounters, and a full-color, double-sided battle map. The book is perfect for Dungeon Masters looking for an intrigue-laden adventure location that fits instantly and easily into their existing D&D campaigns.
The dwarven outpost Hammerfastis described in the Dungeon Master’s Guide core rulebook and gets mentioned often in D&D published adventures. However, this is the first time the town has been fuly detailed. In addition to the adventure location, Hammerfast can serve as the base of operations for characters exploring Nentir Vale.
April 20, 2010
32 page softcover, $11.95

I'm all over these two Nentir Vale products (as well as the entire adventure trilogy). And thats the only two definite buys for me.

The Plane Above will get a look-see, but I'm totally on board with the "less is more" approach of the 4E MOTP: I'd rather do my own thing with the framework presented there.

Thanx for the FYI, Thalmin :)

Shemeska

Adventurer
On the Astral Sea, characters face off against angels, devils, githyanki, and even the gods and their exarchs while exploring dungeons,

Exploring Dungeons.

*wince*

That's pretty much anathema to my heavily Planescape inspired view of the planes. At least it's a different cosmology and setting entirely in 4e, rather than trying to impose that style of design ethic on prior material (which approached the planes from a very different perspective than extraplanar dungeons).

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Exploring Dungeons.

*wince*

That's pretty much anathema to my heavily Planescape inspired view of the planes. At least it's a different cosmology and setting entirely in 4e, rather than trying to impose that style of design ethic on prior material (which approached the planes from a very different perspective than extraplanar dungeons).
While I don't run dungeons either normally or especially in the planes. I don't see having dungeons as being a bad thing for the book. Especially when you consider this book is oriented not specifically at just Planescape games, but just planar games in general.

There is no reason dungeons can't exist in the planes. Be it a shifting changing cave complex in the Elemental Chaos, the pits of Hell, etc. It is afterall just another option for games, I am sure there will be plenty of other stuff as well. Afterall with this being core D&D and not a setting one, it is even more expected to just take what you wish.

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
Exploring Dungeons.

*wince*

Well, I started in PS also, and I gotta admit there are PLENTY of planar "dungeons" to explore; UnderSigil, the caverns of Pandemonium, The realms of demon lords and archdevils, the festering corpses of dead gods, Githyanki citadels, the caverns of thought, etc.

They're not 10'x10' rooms full of random treasure and wandering encounters, but they are "dungeons", so I don't find the two complete incomparable. Besides how else is your thief gonna slink into some high-up's kip, rob him blind, and give him the laugh, cutter?

The_Fan

First Post
I go by the philosophy that "A dungeon is where the people with red circles under their feet are."

Office building acting as a front for a secret government lab, filled with g-men, soldiers, and sentry drones? Dungeon.

Distressed slum in Sigil's Hive, vacant except for the mad castoffs willing to shiv you for a single coin? Dungeon.

Body of a forgotten god, cast adrift on the astral sea and swarming with undead horrors from before time? Dungeon (...actuallly, they published that one already)

Nymrohd

First Post
WotC Spring 2010 Catalog
Player’s Handbook Races: Dragonborn a D&D Supplement by James Wyatt
If you want to play the ultimate dragonborn hero, this book is for you!
This expansion of the Player’s Handbook core rulebook explores the mysteries of the dragonborn. It presents D&D players with exciting new options for their dragonborn characters, including unique racial feats, powers, paragon paths, and epic destinies. This book also includes ways to flesh out your dragonborn character’s background and personality.
Jan 19, 2010
32 page softcover, $9.95

Will anyone who has DDI buy this? I can see the argument that people want a book so they can browse it at their leisure, but a 32 page softcover? Anyone who has DDI will get all the crunch for free and this time the crunch is limited enough that you can browse it fast in the DDI even if you are not much of a fan of reading on a screen and we already have a very decent dragon article for fluff.

Ranadiel

First Post
Thanks as always thalmin for tpying this up. I really appreciate it. One question about the catalog though, does it also happen to list WotC novels? If so could you do me a favor and list off any campaign settings that are getting novels in this quarter. If not then don't worry about it.

Will anyone who has DDI buy this? I can see the argument that people want a book so they can browse it at their leisure, but a 32 page softcover? Anyone who has DDI will get all the crunch for free and this time the crunch is limited enough that you can browse it fast in the DDI even if you are not much of a fan of reading on a screen and we already have a very decent dragon article for fluff.

I personally am going to get it in part to see what these books are like. Although I can certainly see some people picking it up for the fluff itself if a decent amount of the book is fluff.

avin

First Post
When I said 4E planes where "dungeons everywhere" some people rushed to defend world axis.

Now there it is: Wotc's own words. The planes are big dungeons, no matter how much sugar people put in it.

For people who see D&D as a combat game it's fantastic. For me, not so much.

Look, I like 4E A LOT, all my games are 4E, I'm not an edition basher.

I just hope the people in charge of 4E fluff be in charge of something else when 5E shows up.

This dwarf village looks nice to me.
The 3D tiles are surely a change.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases