Proposal: Divine power

EvolutionKB

First Post
Well, DP has been added to the character builder. Discuss here. Domain selection should be at the forefront of the discussion I would think. So here is what I came up with:

Arawai: Wilderness, Creation, Life
Aureon: Arcana, Knowledge,
Balinor: Earth, Wilderness, Vengeance
Boldrei: Civilization, Protection
Dol Arrah: War, Sun, Hope
Dol Dorn: War, Skill, Strength
Kol Korran: Civilization, Trickery
Olladra: Luck, Change
Onatar: Creation, Skill,

The Traveler: Luck, Change, Trickery

Church of the Silver Flame: Freedom, Sun, Protection

The Blood of Vol: Death, Undeath

Path of Light: Freedom, Skill, Sun

The Undying Court: Fate, Undeath, Protection

Spirits of the Past: War, Protection, Skill

OR a post I found on the WotC forums:

was going through this myself and trying to decide which Deities/Paths should get the following. One of the things about 3.5 was that a Deity always had the Domains of its alignment- even if the alignment was just a mild part of the deity itself (Really who cares if a Chaotic Good deity gave the Chaos domain?) Thankfully they reduced that in 4th edition, so now the truly "Lawful" deities have the "Justice" domain, while those deities that truley strive to do good in the world have the 'Hope' domain.

Below are the assignments i would make as a GM, as well as the reasons for why.

Silver Flame:
Protection, Justice, Hope- The Silver Flame is ultimately about protecting people from Evil. While other aspects of the Religions might creep in (such as the Lycanthrope Purge or the focus on Purity) the Religions Core value is about the community- serving it (justice), protecting it (protection), and making certain that people believe that good will be victorious (hope).

The Host: Civilization, Protection, Creation

-Arawai (Agriculture): Life, Sun, Earth- Arawai is an Agriculture Goddess, she's the Life God (Life) and the God of the Harvest which is Life combined with the element of its core (Earth) and that which gives it form (Sun).

-Aureon (Law and Knowledge): Fate, Knowledge, Arcana- Aureon is the God of Knowledge, law, and magic- so initially one might assume he gets the Justice Domain, this is not so. Aureon is not about enforcing the law, but about creating it and the result of it- which are the domains of Fate.

-Balinor (Beasts and Hunts):
Wilderness, Moon, Strength- Patron of the Wild Balinor takes on the best aspects of the hunt and the wild places. Strength which separates the predator from the prey with no maliciousness, Wilderness which is the basis for his portfolio, and the moon that is tied to the beasts and also symbolizes the balance between day and night and the continued cycle of life.

-Boldrei (Community and Hearth): Civilization, Love, Protection- Boldrei, goddess of the home, is also our goddess of safety. She is a protective figure, a figure that can only exist within the community (civilization) because outside of it the hearth and home do not exist. Finally she is our Love god, because she represents the love of the household between spouses and children.

-Dol Arrah (Honor and Sacrifice): Justice, War, Sun- Dol Arrah is the Sun. He is also the god of Honor, which is at its core a series of rules based around equality (Justice). He is also a War God.

-Dol Dorn (Strength at Arms): War, Strength, Destruction- Dol Dorn is our Champion God, the power of arms (Strength) the power of battle (War) and the unavoidable aspects that go with this life (Destruction).

-Kol Korran (Trade and Wealth): Change, Civilization, Skill- As god of Trade Kol Korran is bound the tenants of rules of exchange (Civilization). The point of trade is to get something new, something one does not already possess (Change), and to do that honestly and reliably is not a matter of luck but of honest work and craft (Skill).

-Olladra (Feast and Good Fortune):
Luck, Protection, Hope- Olladra is a goddess of Luck, and as such she is tied to those things that make Luck possible; the success that comes with it (Protection) and the continued presence of it (Hope). Feasts, the second piece of the portfolio, are a place of manners and neutrality (Protection again) that celebrate great moments (Luck and Hope).

-Onatar (Artifice): Skill, Creation, Luck- Onatar as god of the Forge and Creation is not only concerned with quality (Skill) he is also concerned with quantity, the mass produced items. Out of the thousands of Swords that come forth from a Cannith Forge the prayer that one shall see you through its coming use and not fail you is a prayer to the smith, a prayer of Luck.

The Dark Six: Vengeance, Destruction, Strife

-The Devourer: Wilderness, Sea, Storm- Where Balinor is the god of the Wild that offers bounty, the Devourer is the God of the Wilderness that seeks our doom. He is the lord of the Sea, the bringer of Storms, and the master of the unknown wild places.

-The Fury: Destruction, Madness, Strife- The Fury is the Goddess of unbound rage (Destruction). She is limitless in her anger and strikes out at any foe (Strife). Those who worship her are consumed by this hatred, drawn to battle and blood at their own expenses (Madness).

-The Keeper: Death, Undeath, Tyranny- The Keeper is the Tyrant of the Dead. He is the ultimate Warden of souls- who bars their return or redemption (Death). He is served by the power of the half dead, the wight and the wraith, who drain the life from the living to feed their- and their masters- eternal hunger (Undeath).

-The Mockery: Torment, Skill, Poison- Pain is the lifeblood of the Mockery (Torment). It is at his command that kills are made in the dark, assassins are dispatched, and suffering is dispatched throughout the world (Poison). But he is not a god of random violence- that artless form is the domain of the Mockery- but of calculated torture. Torture brought out of a victim over the course of days, months or years until they beg for the right to die (Skill).

-The Shadow: Darkness, Arcana, Knowledge - The Shadow is the god of secrets (Knowledge). Master of things man was not meant to know (Arcana). Trades and deals made in the dark- the hushed whispers of plotters and conspirators (Darkness) that make one hunger for more power, more control.

-The Traveler: Creation, Trickery, Change - The Traveler is Chaos (Change). His gifts (Creation) can not be trusted (Trickery).

The Path of Light: Hope, Change, Skill
: To Walk the Path of Light is to Hope to Change the world for the Better. It is a thankless journey that requires personal effort, personal responsibility, and personal suffering (Skill).

The Undying Court: Undeath, Fate, Civilization: The Undying Court IS Aerenal (Civilization). It is the ultimate goal of the living, the hope of living generations, the ultimate ideal of heroes, artisans, and politicians (Fate). It represents the eternal service to ones people- undying (Undeath).

The Cult of the Dragon Below: Madness, Darkness, Earth: In the Dark places under the Earth Madmen gather and worship the corpse of a world and the worms that crawl through its flesh.

The Blood of Vol: Undeath, Protection, Life: Life is our gift from the world. The Gods would take that from us... but our Champions will not let them (Protection). Our Champions are undying, eternal, forever strong and forever hungry (Undeath)- our sacrifice now is their eternal devotion.

The Spirits of the Past: Vengeance, Civilization, Skill: To be as our ancestors, to master their art, to master their Skill- that is the ultimate goal. The Valenar way (Civilization) is not the way of outsiders- the way of inferior creatures- the Valenar way is the way of perfection and honor: honor in the name of the fallen against our eternal foes (Vengeance).

garyh

First Post
Per the editorial calendar:

Editorial Calendar

...Wizards will actually be giving us official domains for Eberron (and FR) deities in Dragon on the 28th. I wouldn't bother assigning them now when a couple weeks will give us the official take.

garyh

First Post
Yup.

I'm very keen on following this discussion, since when I get to making a character here, it'll be some combination of human/warforged/dragonborn/dwarf paladin/cleric. :)

Also, while I'm not a Judge over here, I think the mandatory waiting period (even as short as it is) can probably be waived when considering the domains for Eberron gods article. If people want to argue a domain is overpowered, that's one thing, but I don't see how there can be much argument about official domain assignments.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The waiting period over here is dramatically less, but I agree that the article should get a waiver. Maybe someone should make a proposal... ;)

CaBaNa

First Post
is anyone going to have an issue with the pacifist healer feat?

When second characters open up, I would be making a pacifist healer for certain. I'm so incredibly into the concept! It makes for super RP delight.

Also, please avoid nerfing hero of the faith, if possible...

As a pacifist healer, I'm not sure what good it would do my cleric, but still...

Atanatotatos

First Post
Damn! I was studying them so hard to prepare a reply!! :heh:

Uhm... hero of the faith must be gone °_° (and besides, what good does it do for a pacifist healing cleric?)
I had an idea for a Kalashtar like that, but it seems I'm the third to express such interest, so I think I'll move on... maybe a paladin this time? Still too soon to decide...

renau1g

First Post
Uhm... hero of the faith must be gone °_° (and besides, what good does it do for a pacifist healing cleric?)

I must echo my current cautiousness about this feat. It seems to be along the lines of the old MC ranger feat (which has been changed) and the RRoT feat (also changed). It seems a no-brainer feat for anyone with the 15 Wis who is in melee (Rangers, Wildblood Wardens, Some Fighters, Str-based Clerics, Defending Swordmages, maybe Pally.) A feat that gives you equivalent of +5 to hit a foe for an entire encounter? Any class that has mult-attacking powers (ranger, warden & fighter) would kill for this kind of attack bonus. As we have less of a waiting period than LEW I am reticent to approve this feat. I have no issue with the rest of the book.

Velmont

First Post
is anyone going to have an issue with the pacifist healer feat?

When second characters open up, I would be making a pacifist healer for certain. I'm so incredibly into the concept! It makes for super RP delight.

Also, please avoid nerfing hero of the faith, if possible...

As a pacifist healer, I'm not sure what good it would do my cleric, but still...

I was already going into that direction with River. I'll have a lot of work to do for River after that adventure...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases