Vampire Bestiary

Hi Fieari mate! :)

Fieari; said:
We shall see... we shall see.

I'll keep on going...I'll get there eventually.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay for just the Boss, Unit, and Superboss rules with a single set of example stats for each. I'm PARTICULARLY interested in rules for fighting city/mountain/planet/star/galaxy sized creatures. It pains me to know that even if this book comes out this holiday season, it'll be YEARS before I get the rest of the rules...

It's basically about finding which book the relevant rules fit it.

The Boss rules are in the first part and (off the top of my head) there are 5 examples: Aspect of Kali, Vampire Intelligence, Idol of Kali, Dracula and the Uktena.

The Unit rules didn't really fit in. I was going to have a Pack of Cannibals but it sort of felt tacked on. I'll almost certainly have the Unit rules in the Serpent Riders - which will be the joint collaboration book I get to right after the Bestiary (Part 1) is released, as it makes use of them from the beginning.

The Superboss rules really only suit Levels 31+. Which sort of infers I need to get my Immortal Tier rules out there first. Although you can sort of use them for sub-level 30 stuff I think keeping them for 30+ really gives that tier something unique - which it needs I think.

I know it doesn't actually seem like it, since nothings been released yet, but I am making quite a lot of progress ever since I cut back hours on the other job.

Procrastination #1: Of course I initially realised that I was spending a lot of time on the new website and that was really eating into progress on the writing (so I have temporarily scaled that back).

Procrastination #2: Then I wasn't satisfied with the content so I added about 10-15 new stat blocks (why design one Vampire Familiar when you can add all three sterotypes; lets throw in some famous vampires from history, or heck wouldn't the Vampire Intelligence be even cooler if...etc.)...I really need to stop doing that.

For all that I think we are nearly there.

Hiya mate! :)

Fieari said:
So, Krusty, keeping up with your schedule? Just checking up on you...

Yes and no. I must admit I haven't had a great week, some real world interference, probably cost me 2-3 days in this 10 day off period...which may not sound like a lot but theres an automatic 3-4 day real world time penalty (while I go do stuff like grocery shopping, meeting friends, going to the gym etc.). So that 10 days off translates to usually about 6-7 days of work (maybe 50-60 hours of work). So losing 2-3 days from that is a big dent. :.-(

I also really want to get a web update before I go back to work here. I should have all the text (with the exception of one entry) done by the weekend.

I got a new screen capture device and I think the easiest way to do updates on the websites is by taking screen captures of the relevant columns in the book and posting them.

So I want to get a web-update that has the Vampire Wretch, Vampire and Vampire Courtesan on it. Of course that also means finishing off the Vampire Courtesan artwork.

So hopefully I can hit all those targets by the weekend.

Then it should be that last entry and the remaining art (of which half of the pieces are drawn but not yet inked).

Xmas is still the target release date but I am making things difficult for myself...as usual. :uhoh:

Mr.Satan

First Post
Any chance of seeing the 3.5 Nosferatu template as a blessing (web extra)?

We've been hearing about it for well over 2 years now and I must admit I'm extraordinarily curious. Since you're working almost exclusively on 4E, it might be a nice gift for your 3.5E fans. :cool:

Also...didn't you have plans to create Sephiroth from FFVII at one point?

I guess I'm just wondering if Krusty can show his 3.5E fans a little love and throw us some of the juicier scraps from the creation table. :D

Belzamus

First Post

We've been hearing about it for well over 2 years now and I must admit I'm extraordinarily curious. Since you're working almost exclusively on 4E, it might be a nice gift for your 3.5E fans. :cool:

I guess I'm just wondering if Krusty can show his 3.5E fans a little love and throw us some of the juicier scraps from the creation table. :D

*Wants to laugh, but fears crying may be more appropriate.*

Alzrius

The EN World kitten

No one would like this more than me, Mr. Satan, but it seems highly unlikely.

By U_K's own admission, he's largely forgotten the intricacies of 3.5E due to not having used it for a couple of years now. Given that most of his unreleased monsters consist largely of notes, rather than anything that resembles a stat block, he'd likely have to write up the monster from near-scratch, which is a non-starter for the aforementioned reason.

To put it another way, the creation table has no 3.5E scraps to throw. :.-(

Howdy Mr Satan! :)

Mr.Satan said:

Possibly, but not before the Vampire Bestiary is released.

You know, I don't think the Nosferatu I had planned back in my 3.5E days would have been one tenth as interesting as the Nosferatu I already have finished for 4E.

I think the primary design element of the old Nosferatu build was simply to have a more powerful Vampire Template. An evolution of the Vampire. With the 4E version, not only are there 7-8 different varieties of Nosferatu, but there is a whole backstory/setting for them and they are integrated into the cosmology.

I don't recall mentioning it, but it does sound like a cool idea.

I do have the FF7 'Weapons' (for 3E ) on my website.

When I finally get the Vampire Bestiary released (in hopefully a handful of weeks) we can look towards converting various stuff to 3.5E and putting it on the website. I appreciate that many people are still into the 3E and I don't want to abandon them, but my priority is 4E now.

Mr.Satan

First Post
For those vampiric entropomancers out there.

I just had to share there. I hope nobody mind's blue text on this post. It's a thematic thing. My entropomancer likes the colors black and blue. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Devour [General]
Prerequisites: Shard of Entropy (7d6, consuming).
Benefit: Your shard of entropy's bonus on “bull rush” attempts is equal to your own.
Normal: Your shard of entropy's bonus on “bull rush” attempts is +11.
NB: An entropomancer's shard of entropy bypasses all damage reduction and hardness.
An entropomancer's shard of entropy pulls in unattended objects, as well as creatures.
10th level entropomancers are immune to their own shard of entropy.
This feat can be deadly for lesser entropomancers to possess.

Extra Shard of Entropy [General]
Prerequisites: Shard of Entropy 2/day.
Benefits: You can use your Shard of Entropy ability one more time per day.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. It's effects stack.

Entropic Master [Epic]
You concentrate your shard of entropy into a perfect sphere.
Prerequisites: Wis 25, 10th level Entropomancer, Shard of Entropy (7d6, consuming), Devour.
Benefit: When you create a shard of entropy, you can create a stationary, even quiescent (optional), shard of entropy.
(NB: A quiescent shard of entropy's “consuming” feature is negated.)
This shard of entropy appears either in any adjacent square or either hand, can inflict 7d6 damage, and only damages creatures and objects that it strikes or touches (and vice versa).
(i.e. This shard of entropy doesn't automatically damage creatures or objects passing through it's square.)
Once per round, as a standard action, this shard of entropy can be used in melee or thrown. If used in melee, it combines with one unarmed strike, strikes for unarmed damage plus 7d6 damage (or misses), then dissipates. If thrown, it can be thrown once (range increment 10 ft.), strikes for 7d6 + Str modifier damage (or misses), then dissipates. If dissipated it reforms at the end of the round, provided it's original duration has not expired, appearing in the same hand it left. These attacks are resolved as touch attacks and bypass all damage reduction and hardness.
This shard of entropy otherwise functions as your normal shard of entropy.
Special: If your shard of entropy inflicts more than 7d6 damage, replace “7d6” with your shard of entropy's damage. It's “bull rush” bonus, if any, is gained as well.

Entropic Mind Blade [Epic, Mind Blade, Psionic]
You combine the might of your mind blade (or mind blades) with the power of your shard of entropy.
Prerequisites: Wis 25, Concentration 24 ranks, 10th level Entropomancer, Shard of Entropy (7d6, consuming), Devour, Entropic Mastery, Epic Mind Blade, Form Mind Blade.
Benefits: As a free action, you can expend one use of your Shard of Entropy ability and your psionic focus and grant your mind blade (or mind blades) the power of one of your shards of entropy.
For up to one round per Entropomancer level, your mind blade attacks (up to one per Entropomancer level) are resolved as touch attacks, bypass all damage reduction and hardness, and inflict an additional 7d6 points of damage.
Your mind blade (or mind blades) also gains (gain) your shard of entropy's “consuming” feature (optional). It's (or their) bonus on “bull rush” attempts is (are) equal to your own.
Once all of your entropic mind blade attacks have been made, your mind blade (or mind blades) resumes (resume) it's (or their) normal form (forms) and function (functions).
Special: If your shard of entropy inflicts more than 7d6 damage, replace “7d6” with your shard of entropy's damage. It's “bull rush” bonus, if any, is gained as well.

Improved Entropic Mind Blade [Epic, Mind Blade, Psionic]
You can increase the power of your entropic mind blade.
Prerequisites: Wis 29, Concentration 29 ranks, 10th level Entropomancer, Shard of Entropy (7d6, consuming), Devour, Entropic Mastery, Entropic Mind Blade, Epic Mind Blade, Form Mind Blade.
Benefits: As a free action, you can expend two uses of your Shard of Entropy ability and your psionic focus and grant your mind blade (or mind blades) the power of two of your shards of entropy.
For up to one round per Entropomancer level, your mind blade attacks (up to one per Entropomancer level) are resolved as touch attacks, bypass all damage reduction and hardness, and inflict an additional 9d6 points of damage.
Your mind blade (or mind blades) also gains (gain) your shard of entropy's “consuming” feature (optional). It's (or their) bonus on “bull rush” attempts is (are) equal to your own +2.
Once all of your entropic mind blade attacks have been made, your mind blade (or mind blades) resumes (resume) it's (or their) normal form (forms) and function (functions).
Special: If your shard of entropy inflicts more than 7d6 damage, replace “7d6” with your shard of entropy's damage plus 2d6. It's “bull rush” bonus, if any, is gained as well.

Greater Entropic Mind Blade [Epic, Mind Blade, Psionic]
Prerequisites: Wis 33, Concentration 34 ranks, 10th level Entropomancer, Shard of Entropy (7d6, consuming), Devour, Entropic Mastery, Entropic Mind Blade, Epic Mind Blade, Extra Shard of Entropy (x1), Form Mind Blade, Improved Entropic Mind Blade.
Benefits: As a free action, you can expend three uses of your Shard of Entropy ability and your psionic focus and grant your mind blade (or mind blades) the power of three of your shards of entropy.
For up to one round per Entropomancer level, your mind blade attacks (up to one per Entropomancer level) are resolved as touch attacks, bypass all damage reduction and hardness, and inflict an additional 11d6 points of damage.
Your mind blade (or mind blades) also gains (gain) your shard of entropy's “consuming” feature (optional). It's (or their) bonus on “bull rush” attempts is (are) equal to your own +4.
Special: If your shard of entropy inflicts more than 7d6 damage, replace “7d6” with your shard of entropy's damage plus 4d6. It's “bull rush” bonus, if any, is gained as well.

Perfect Entropic Mind Blade [Epic, Mind Blade, Psionic]
Prerequisites: Wis 37, Concentration 39 ranks, 10th level Entropomancer, Shard of Entropy (7d6, consuming), Devour, Entropic Mastery, Entropic Mind Blade, Epic Mind Blade, Extra Shard of Entropy (x2), Form Mind Blade, Greater Entropic Mind Blade, Improved Entropic Mind Blade.
Benefits: As a free action, you can expend four uses of your Shard of Entropy ability and your psionic focus and grant your mind blade (or mind blades) the power of four of your shards of entropy.
For up to one round per Entropomancer level, your mind blade attacks (up to one per Entropomancer level) are resolved as touch attacks, bypass all damage reduction and hardness, and inflict an additional 13d6 points of damage.
Your mind blade (or mind blades) also gains (gain) your shard of entropy's “consuming” feature (optional). It's (or their) bonus on “bull rush” attempts is (are) equal to your own +6.
Special: If your shard of entropy inflicts more than 7d6 damage, replace “7d6” with your shard of entropy's damage plus 6d6. It's “bull rush” bonus, if any, is gained as well.

<style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }</style> <style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }</style> <style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }</style>

Last edited:

Howdy amigo! :)

Pssthpok said:
AHG!
MY EYES!

srsly not reading that because of the color.

I agree - any chance of you changing that Mr Satan?

Incidently Pssthpok mate, you should have taken our wager from last month, you would have won. :eek:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases