Vampire Bestiary

Thanks Mr.Satan, thats a lot better.

Hey Fieari mate! :)

Fieari said:
Dangit Krusty, do you not WANT my money?

At this stage I'd just be happy to get the darn thing finished. :eek:

As of about 10 minutes ago (and about 5 hours and 4 different free screen capture programs later) I think I finally solved my screen capture woes. So I should have an update to the website tomorrow night for the Vampire Bestiary.

I only work 2 days over the next 4 weeks so I'll be planning getting it all wrapped up during this time. Text completion (bar editing and stuff) is probably a few days away.

I'm also planning to release here on the website the 3.5E UNFINISHED pdf of Gods & Monsters; specifically the sample deities section. Someone emailed me about it a day or so ago and asked for it and I thought I may as well post it and maybe someone can gain an iota of use from it - I repeat it is massively unfinished. Although I am not sure I can post pdfs for download without being a community supporter here - but I was planning on joining this week anyway.

So in a nutshell...

A. Vampire Bestiary preview and update late tomorrow (or maybe early Tuesday)
B. Gods & Monsters free pdf release either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm also planning to release here on the website the 3.5E UNFINISHED pdf of Gods & Monsters; specifically the sample deities section.

:D :D :D :D

HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY!

Even if it's unfinished, it's still something, which is far and away better than nothing. I think it's a great decision, U_K! I can't wait to see it!

On a technical note, I'm honestly not sure if you need to be a community supporter to upload a file in a post. Did you try it now? Likewise, this won't mean much since you're planning on getting a CS account, but if you want to send me the document, I can upload it on your behalf.

beej

Explorer
Hey hey, U_K!

So, Gods and Monsters is a fine free product and all, but you said something about a VB preview and update as well. XD Any chance of seeing that for us 4E fanatics?

beej said:
Hey hey, U_K!

Howdy beej mate! :)

So, Gods and Monsters is a fine free product and all, but you said something about a VB preview and update as well. XD Any chance of seeing that for us 4E fanatics?

Absolutely. Technically the stat blocks preview* was finished last week with the exception of the art. I just held off on the update to get the art done but its been a hectic last 2-3 days here. Possibly Monday, probably Tuesday I'm thinking...and hopefully more than one update/preview this week as the Vampire Bestiary (albeit slowly) reaches completion.

*Vampire Wretch, Vampire and Vampire Courtesan.

I'll also have to update the Contents list on the website because there are over a dozen new stat-blocks not mentioned therein...I just can't seem to help myself from creating new stuff and thus delaying the darn thing...sorry about that - I'm clearly a bit nuts in that regard. :p

...and for those Epic/Immortal players wondering what all the fuss is about with regards a book that doesn't statistically go above Level 15, there is not only an Aspect of a Vampire God, but also a detailed list of Vampire Religions and powerful Vampire Races in the book.

beej

Explorer
Awesome! I will eagerly wait for those updates. (Because waiting for the book itself makes me want to break things - ver unhealthy. XD)

Oh, remember the manananggal? I not-so-recently released my Asuang pdf, which includes my version of the monster. :) If you want to check it out to compare notes, tell me and I can shoot you a coupon for it.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Awesome! I will eagerly wait for those updates. (Because waiting for the book itself makes me want to break things - ver unhealthy. XD)

Oh, remember the manananggal? I not-so-recently released my Asuang pdf, which includes my version of the monster. :) If you want to check it out to compare notes, tell me and I can shoot you a coupon for it.

Beej, I hope you don't mind my asking, but is there any chance that some of Nosfecatu Publishing's books will come to Pathfinder? (By the way, I love the name of your company, and your mascot is adorable!)

I know this probably isn't the place to ask, but harassing 4E publishers about converting to PF is a time-honored tradition around here, as U_K can attest. ;)

Hey beej mate! :)

beej said:

I'll definately have the art done for tonight. Its sitting beside me here and just needs the teeth fixed* and inked...I'll get my dinner and get on finishing it. Hopefully I'll get the web preview up tonight as well...otherwise first thing in the morning.

*bloody vampires and their teeth! :rant:

Actually quite happy with the picture itself, looks a bit harpy-ish/succubi-ish, but thats the look I was going for with the female vampire courtesan who was sort of based upon the Blood Brides from the Van Helsing movie...themselves based on the classic Dracula consorts.

Well, its the sort of thing I'd like to check out AFTER I get my version done to compare, rather than before...in case it somehow coloured my opinion of the monster(s) I was designing.

There are 2-3 themes with different parts of the Vampire Bestiary that I am having a bit of a crisis of confidence as where to put them. The Manananggal is one such monster. There is a really powerful Vampire Monster that lives in a place (demiplane or Abyssal layer) called the Garden of Intestines, and I sort of had a half dozen or so monsters pegged in and around its level. Now as you can imagine from the name of the Garden, the Manananggal would be perfect for that place...possibly also the Penanggalen. But that group of monsters will be in around the early 30's in terms of level. So I may move the Manananggal to somewhere in the 16-20 range, which seems a bit more appropriate. I haven't fully decided yet.

Okay, thats the picture done and scanned, but it still needs cleaned up in photoshop, so I don't see the web update tonight.

I wonder if I can upload the basic image here...there is a bit of nipplyness going on. I don't know if Eric's Grandmother would approve though...anyway you'll see the web preview tomorrow.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases