Vampire Bestiary

Hiya mate! :)

Belzamus said:
I'm honestly glad I don't play DnD anymore. It makes waiting a lot less frustrating, since, while I'll certainly buy anything U_K puts out, it's only as a novelty to toy around with, rather than something I'm desperately waiting to put into use.

I appreciate the love dude. I know I don't deserve it, which makes it even more humbling.

That said...I still want to see some Umbrals, dammit! :p

I did state previously (didn't I?) that there are no Umbrals in the Vampire Bestiary.

Hiya mate! :)

Belzamus said:
Indeed, to my great frustration. :p I'll still buy it though when you get it done.

At this point I am lucky to have Vampires in the book never mind Umbrals. :eek:

If its any consolation the Nosferatu do have links to Umbrals...

...although just to make matters worse the Nosferatu section is in Part Two. :blush:

Part One deals with major entries up to A-M*, while Part Two is N-Z.

*Although 'K' is the last entry.

Part One

C
C
D
D
D
G
K

Part Two

Nosferatu
P
S
Vampire
V
W
W

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
1) It won't be ready for release next weekend even if it is done - but I'll send a copy to Alzrius and he can come over here and at least state its not vapourware.

I appreciate the love, man.

As it is, I need to hurry up and get back to editing the winners from the Design an Epic Monster contest for the revision of the Epic Bestiary. It's one of several D&D projects I'm trying (rather unsuccessfully) to juggle at the moment...so I can sympathize with your frustration, U_K. ;)

Alzrius said:
I appreciate the love, man.

Hey Alzrius mate! :)

As it is, I need to hurry up and get back to editing the winners from the Design an Epic Monster contest for the revision of the Epic Bestiary. It's one of several D&D projects I'm trying (rather unsuccessfully) to juggle at the moment...so I can sympathize with your frustration, U_K. ;)

I'm really trying with the Vampire Bestiary, It'll be down to the wire, but I'll be there or thereabouts by next weekend.

You just have to keep plugging away until you get it done. I've been concentrating so much on writing and illustrating, I haven't got the new webspace people sorted yet.

Hey Yqatuba dude! :)

Yqatuba said:
Is the Welkin going to be in the vampire book? What is it like?

Yes and no. The ideas I originally had for the Welkin made it into a new monster in Part 2 of the Vampire Bestiary. However, its not called the Welkin.

Interesting point you raise though. It seems as if Part Two of the Vampire Bestiary will be about 10-12 pages less than Part One (at this juncture). I could always add one more major entry (they average about 10-12 pages) and make them both an even 80 pages. If I do this, I will almost certainly use the Welkin in some capacity.

When we remove things like Contents, Monsters Lists and so forth from one half, we might be 4 pages down when we combine the two halves into one book. I have an idea to add one additional new monster into the full 160 page Vampire Bestiary. I'll make this monster available on the website, so you won't miss out on anything if you had bought the two halves seperate. It'll be the most powerful monster in the book. I already know what it is. ;)

Hey Alzrius,

Gimme a few more days and I'll send you the Vampire Bestiary. Not quite as finished as I'd hoped at this juncture, but it is very close...and I'd just like to make a good first impression. ;)

Text basically needs tidying up more than anything* and the art is 70% done (although a lot of the illustrations need cleaned up in Photoshop which is going to be a pain).

*I do want to rework the Giant entry though, specifically the Titans, they have been annoying me. I expect that to take a day or two.

I did finish the new Boss Monster/Size Rules and they are excellent (if I do say so myself). But they do require a fraction more time and effort when designing solo monsters...worth it though.

I am back to work now (unfortunately), but we are on the cusp of completion so I don't see that slowing me down too much. I wouldn't want to say something rash like release date in 3 weeks time from today (because this is me and I don't do release dates). But thats basically how I am eyeballing the project as of this minute.

As regards the website...

I realised about a week and a half ago that I didn't have enough money in my paypal account (at that time) to pay the new webspace people. So I have deposited some money in and it should be ready sometime this week. Hopefully I can get the website back up and running by next weekend and make some updates.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hey Alzrius,

Gimme a few more days and I'll send you the Vampire Bestiary. Not quite as finished as I'd hoped at this juncture, but it is very close...and I'd just like to make a good first impression. ;)

No worries, man. At this point, a few days more is a negligible extension. :p

Alzrius said:
No worries, man. At this point, a few days more is a negligible extension. :p

Well I started off saying a few months, then a few weeks, now a few days.

I still reserve the right to use excuses of a few hours, a few minutes and a few seconds. ;)

Half the giant entry needs rewritten, and I have also noticed one flaw in working above Level 30 in 4E, basically when trying to create Encounter Groups you don't have a lot of official monster resources to work with...I may have to add groups featuring three Orcuses and two Vecnas. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases