Vampire Bestiary

beej

Explorer
Oh, hi Alzrius! ^__^

I would love to convert some of my work to Pathfinder! My 3.5 experience was a blast (especially after I adopted Ascencion rules when we got to low epic), and I believe that I'll have a very similar experience should I dig into PF. My gaming circles, however, have chosen to stick with 4E. So I've never had the chance to study PF as much as I wanted to.

But if someone were to convert my material into PF :D, I would gladly help in spreading it through Nosfecatu channels. Someone from Dicefreaks offered to do the conversion at one point, but it's been quite some time since he said that, and I don't want to pressure someone into doing what amounts to voluntary work. :uhoh:

(By the way, I love the name of your company, and your mascot is adorable!)

Thanks! One of the nice little bonuses of having an art-major for your better half is the ability to ask her for artworks from time to time. The vampire-kitten concept was entirely her idea. Maybe we'll see his stats in the Vampire Bestiary. :p :p :p

Oh, and I'm actually honored at becoming part of the tradition of being harassed. I feel like I belong! :heh:

Hey, U_K! Apologies for talking about my products from time to time. :uhoh:

Actually quite happy with the picture itself, looks a bit harpy-ish/succubi-ish, but thats the look I was going for with the female vampire courtesan who was sort of based upon the Blood Brides from the Van Helsing movie...themselves based on the classic Dracula consorts.

Oh my. As a dm, I've always been fond of the succubus archetype of monster, and an actual vampire equivalent would be something that I'd use the moment my players are at an appropriate level. I hope to see it soon!

Well, its the sort of thing I'd like to check out AFTER I get my version done to compare, rather than before...in case it somehow coloured my opinion of the monster(s) I was designing.

Okay. That's something I could totally relate to. :)

Garden of Intestines

:]:]:] This is a cool adventuring location! But yeah, the manananggal does feel better as part of a paragon-tier battle. Maybe they'll work as minions? They'll be right at home in the Garden, that's for sure.

Last edited:

beej said:
Thanks! One of the nice little bonuses of having an art-major for your better half is the ability to ask her for artworks from time to time. The vampire-kitten concept was entirely her idea. Maybe we'll see his stats in the Vampire Bestiary. :p :p :p

Vampire kittens I don't know about...Hounds of Dracula on the other hand... :cool:

Oh, and I'm actually honored at becoming part of the tradition of being harassed. I feel like I belong! :heh:

Welcome to my world. :D

Hey, U_K!

Howdy beej mate! :)

Apologies for talking about my products from time to time. :uhoh:

No apologies necessary mate. These forums are for all things epic/immortal and (given my current line of work) I should probably extend that to Vampires as well. ;)

Oh my. As a dm, I've always been fond of the succubus archetype of monster, and an actual vampire equivalent would be something that I'd use the moment my players are at an appropriate level. I hope to see it soon!

Its there now. :)

Okay. That's something I could totally relate to. :)

Thanks. ;)

:]:]:] This is a cool adventuring location! But yeah, the manananggal does feel better as part of a paragon-tier battle. Maybe they'll work as minions? They'll be right at home in the Garden, that's for sure.

I agree about the location and the Manananggal. I'm not sure what to do with them at this juncture but either way they won't feature in part one of the Vampire Bestiary so I can worry about it when I get round to the second part.

eduar said:

Hey eduar mate! :)

exist epic/immortal material for Pathfinder?

Not sure if you are asking me...? I have little exposure to Pathfinder...although I may just buy their Bestiary simply because it looks lovely.

I don't know if there is any specific Pathfinder epic material. If there is I haven't heard about it.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Epic-level rules for Pathfinder are virtually nil. The Pathfinder Core Rulebook has a few paragraphs about the idea - which can be found here - which basically amount to "We [Paizo] aren't going to go there now, and if we ever do it won't be for a long time, but if you really want to go epic here are some very loose guidelines."

They also have a scant handful of monsters with a CR above 20 (notwithstanding the oldest of dragons) but these are few and far between.

That's it as far as epic material made specifically for Pathfinder; nobody else is even looking in that direction (just like in 3.5).

paradox42

First Post
Conversions from 3.5 to Pathfinder are, of course, possible, though one has to be careful to rebalance things. Converting IH stuff to Pathfinder would be a massive project, but it could be done. The editions aren't all that far apart; most 3.5 stuff is compatible with PF although balance issues are rife so it's usually inadvisable to do a straight import into a PF game.

Playtesting is the hard part, of course, and unfortunately the most important one! I myself have been engaged in a playtest of a conversion of Incarnum rules to Pathfinder for several months now, so I can attest that subtleties arising out of the rules changes between editions can very easily trip up the unwary.

Hey all! :)

Meant to post this a few days ago.

I hired artist Peter Szmer to do the interior artwork of the Vampire Bestiary. He's already completed the first half a dozen pieces.

I should have previews up hopefully this weekend.

You can see examples of Peter's art on his website here:

Art of Peter Szmer

Basically I am at the tweaking and tidying up stage on the text, with maybe less than a dozen statblocks (of about a hundred) still 'annoying' me.

With Peter finishing off the art I suspect we are literally just a few weeks away from release and I'm going to stick my neck out and say barring any major unforseen disasters that the Vampire Bestiary will definately be released in March*. Probably the first week of March.

*March 2011 just to clarify. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases