Vampire Bestiary

Hi Khisanth mate! :)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
Will Alabaster be in this book? I think he was mentioned on the website, but would he really be sub-Level 40?

Yes and no.

As for Kali - she's a very complex being in the original mythology, I'm very interested to see your take on her.

Well its worth noting this is the 'Vampire' Bestiary, so that should give you an idea as to which aspects of Kali I'll be concentrating upon, that said I plan to have multiple 'takes' on Kali. ;)

When is the currently proposed release date? - immortalshandbook.com seems to be down.

I need about 8 weeks to get it sorted, primarily my portion of the interior art and some final elements and general cleaning up of the entries themselves.

Are there any updates on the Vampire Bestiary's progress - is it close to going to the publisher?

I will have some news and updates by the end of next week (I am off work for another week and a half and I want to try and get it to something close to an editing stage in that time). Fingers crossed. :blush:

Incidently, I know I haven't updated the website recently, there is a minor problem in that I recently shifted over to another computer which doesn't have the latest updates to the Index page (past 3 months) saved. So I have just been dragging my heels because I knew I had to rebuild those.

Belzamus

First Post
There's also the problem that your site's homepage has a bad trojan on it, or at least, it did a few months ago, which is the last time I went there. Nearly took out my computer completely.

Hiya mate! :)

Belzamus said:
There's also the problem that your site's homepage has a bad trojan on it, or at least, it did a few months ago, which is the last time I went there. Nearly took out my computer completely.

Yes apologies for that, somehow I was hacked shortly after joining the new webserver. I actually didn't think it affected anyone but me? I had some of my friends visit the webpage and nothing happened to their computers (which was why I didn't mention it here) - I presume in hindsight some anti-virus softwares blocked the virus from even appearing and some didn't...? Can't apologise enough to anyone affected. :.-(

I know it was a nasty b@stard. It actually did take out my computer completely (although I was hit with a triple whammy all at the same time: hacked; accidentally downloaded a virus looking at some comic book scans (for debate purposes) someone posted on a forum; then S'mon gave me some pdfs on a memory stick his wife had from work and the bloody thing was riddled by them). Though fortunately it was my ancient 10 year old computer I was ready to retire and I didn't lose anything except the last 3 months website updates, which were few and far between anyway.

Everything seems fine on the website now and has been ever since I heightened my security and did a clean sweep about 4-5 weeks ago.

Though remember there are no downloads or pop-up ads on my website, so if the unthinkable happens again and anything tries to install on your machine from visiting my site don't let it and exit the website immediately.

Belzamus, can you do me a massive favour and visit the website to check its okay for you (call it a vote of confidence if you will). If something happens to your computer I promise to reimburse you for any damages done.

Will the 4e Godzilla appear in the next website update?

Possibly, I am still having kittens over these Mega-size rules. I keep changing my mind on this and that.

I made some stats for him at the WotC forums, but I'd like to see yours (which will undoubtedly be more interesting and powerful).

Pretty cool, don't sell yourself short, I doubt my own will be too different - dependant upon how much of the mega-size rules I reveal at this time I suppose.

I really wanted to get the Godzilla: Final Wars dvd before I finished his stats, but you can't actually buy the darn thing here. I know the Japanese region code is the same, I wonder if it has an english dub on it. I'll have to do some checking on that.

Belzamus

First Post
Well, my AV didn't go crazy like it usually would, so I'd guess that you're in the clear, U_K. Glad you got rid of it, he was a nasty little monster.

Pretty cool, don't sell yourself short, I doubt my own will be too different - dependant upon how much of the mega-size rules I reveal at this time I suppose.

Yeah, I suppose there is only so many ways it can be done - in some sense Godzilla is a fairly 'simple' monster (compared to a superintelligent god or sorta-god like Orcus, Galactus, Surtur). Also there've been enough movies that his abilities are pretty well defined.

One difference, though, is without the Mega size rules my Godzilla is stuck being "only" tarrasque sized. Big and scary enough for most purposes, but he should be about 160 feet tall (Showa) or 330 (Heisei).

Also, the 3.5 version you have is the Heisei Godzilla, while I just grabbed the powers I liked from all different versions (Supercharged Atomic Breath is from Godzilla: Final Wars, though sadly 4e doesn't allow for ranges of "into orbit", but otherwise he's more or less Showa Godzilla, minus the flying-on-his-own-atomic-breath power.)

Thanks for taking the leap of faith there, much appreciated.

Belzamus said:
Well, my AV didn't go crazy like it usually would, so I'd guess that you're in the clear, U_K. Glad you got rid of it, he was a nasty little monster.

It was indeed an epic level virus...I'll have to incorporate such things into the Bi-Sect race, perhaps they are the physical manifestation of a computer virus given (demonic) life/possession.

Interestingly enough I have been working out all the different sizes and levels of parasites and blood cells based on Mega, Giga and bigger ctreatures. For instance, the Cloverfield monsters has basically lice which are medium size, other monsters may have 'sentient' blood cells attack you, actual viruses, nanobots and so forth.

So this way you could actually use even Level 60 Monsters (indirectly) at the Heroic Tier. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases