Vampire Bestiary

Hey all! :)

Okay that 10-20 minutes was more like 40-50 minutes (to clean up the illustration). But its up there now. I will have the stat block up tomorrow, can't simply copy and paste it.

I'll also see about having some sort of dedicated Vampire Bestiary Preview Page(s).

Hiya mate! :)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
Cool creature; one-fanged vampire, freaky. Is it based on a myth or entirely new?

I think I am right in saying that all the vampires in the book are based upon myths*...in some cases I am sure I have stretched the myth more than others.

*In fact off the top of my head I think every supernatural creature in the book has some mythological origin. Which is amazing since I don't think even gamers will have heard of about 75% of them before.

Looking forward to seeing the stats...

Hope have those up within an hour or two.

When I said an hour or two I didn't mean 15 hours. I tried uploading last night before I went to work but my internet connection was just grinding to a halt and I couldn't do anything. So its up now. Just realising that entry hasn't been properly edited yet but it should be pretty close to the final edit.

Sykyrys

First Post
When I said an hour or two I didn't mean 15 hours. I tried uploading last night before I went to work but my internet connection was just grinding to a halt and I couldn't do anything. So its up now. Just realising that entry hasn't been properly edited yet but it should be pretty close to the final edit.

I'm waiting for the 3.5 variant to come out, but this is looking exciting so far.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Hey UK mate!

Just wanted to give you my opinion about your preview vampire :)

Really nice flavor, that's for sure. Even if I'm not a big fan of the described rotting naked woman, I like the overall idea of a degenerated vampire which can only be seen by those near death.
But IMHO I think the damage output is too high for a level 3 monster. It just so happens that one of my groups just hit level 3, and I'm pretty certain the Pey would rip them apart.
1d10+3 damage for an At-Will is fine, two attacks for an elite is fine also. But having CA with an additional 2d6 damage against all PCs until they are bloodied is abit over the top. And that's in addition to total concealment from the Invisibility.
Also, the increased damage against dominated targets is too much as well. First the character got probably already hit with a 2d10+3+2d6 attack from the Cold Embrace. That's a whopping 17 damage on average with a 3rd level character having only between 34 and 40 hit points (35 damage on a crit!).
Thereafter the target becomes (assuming an average dice roll on the attack) dominated in the same round. A pretty harsh condition on this level, by the way. There aren't many (save ends) powers in the lower heroic tier, and most of them aren't the serious type, meaning slowed, immobilized, ongoing damage or maybe dazed.
Then the Pey could spend its AP to make an additional attack against the target, maybe even with another 2d6 extra damage if the character wasn't bloodied by the first attack. All of this spells out "potential character kill in one round" for me...which is not really fitting for the power level.
Not to mention that the Pey isn't attacking alone...

All in all, I guess I would reduce the damage from the CA to 1d6, have the Kiss of Bewitchment to be either another Standard Action or a recharge power and would change the Invisibility to end while a target is grabbed or something like that.
On paragon or even epic levels, the combination of the powers is great. The PCs have more than enough abilities to grant saves, pierce Invisibility and heal the damage back up. But for level 3 it is a bit much.

Anyway, just my two cents. Maybe you find them helpful. Keep up the good work :)

Sykyrys

First Post
But IMHO I think the damage output is too high for a level 3 monster. It just so happens that one of my groups just hit level 3, and I'm pretty certain the Pey would rip them apart.

I think it's fine since PCs tend to travel in packs and are, more often than not, very well equipped or munchkined. I can see how it might be a problem for some weaker PCs.

Vampires for the most part often seem more dangerous than they really are.

Pssthpok

First Post
At level 3, a well-rounded party could handle one of these things... by well-rounded, I mean a party with at least one leader, a striker and a defender. She just doesn't have the HP to last against a rogue flanking with a fighter supported by a cleric with sacred flame and/or astral seal.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases