Vampire Bestiary

Rhuarc said:

Hiya Rhuarc matey! :)

how is the update for this week coming along? Eagerly waiting for it :)

I will definately have the art preview up either tomorrow or Sunday. But I am trying to stretch the previews out a little more since I know I won't have the book done in less than 2 weeks and I want the previews to last up until the release or pretty much so.

This weekend's preview monster is an infamous enemy of the goddess Kali.

I did move my months holiday forward so that I am off work for a month in 3 weeks time (mid-April to mid-May). I pray to the higher powers I get it all wrapped up in that time.

Hey guys! :)

Just wanted to explain the recent lack of updates. I have been trying to get the prep for the Serpent Riders completed this past week and a half, so I can give the other writers a start. I had told them mid-late March and didn't want to alienate them (with more delays) before we had begun. It's going to take me another 4-5 days to get that sorted but then we'll be back on track.

Pssthpok said:
Still nothing?

Editions may change, but the UK pace remains the same. :p

Sorry about that guys. I work 4 more nights then I am off for a month. I'll get back on track and get the darn thing finished. Four weeks should be enough time. Worst case scenario it will be at the editing phase this date next month.

Hey all! :)

I have noticed that my website seems to be down at the moment. Not sure what the problem is. I know I am due repaying the webspace people, but thats not until May and they certainly haven't sent me any emails about it yet. If it doesn't sort itself by this time tomorrow I will contact them and see if they can sort it out.

When I get that sorted expect an update over the weekend. ;)

Hey all!

Okay, this is weird. Cannot seem to contact my webspace people. Their website is still up:

Velnet.com - Domain name registration & Web Hosting UK

But whenever I try to go to the support desk I'm getting an "Internet explorer cannot display this webpage" signal.

I cannot seem to find out any news on whether the company has went belly-up or not. Their News page seems to be some automated UK news thing, rather than actual company news.

I may have to change webspace provider if I can't get hold of them within a few days.

Hey all! :)

Just a brief update.

Website: Definately looks like my webspace provider has went belly-up. I can't get hold of them. I'll take steps to get a new provider over the next few days, although getting everything up and running again may take a week or so.

Vampire Bestiary: So far things are going well (with this time off). Took me 3-4 days to get my sleeping patterns sorted and get into my stride but now I'm starting to make some real progress. 2 1/2 weeks holiday remaining, I definately think I'll either get it finished in that time (fingers crossed) or (worst case scenario) be about 99% finished. Either way things are looking better than they have been for quite a while. Lets not break out the champagne just yet...but keep it on ice. ;)

Belzamus

First Post
I'm honestly glad I don't play DnD anymore. It makes waiting a lot less frustrating, since, while I'll certainly buy anything U_K puts out, it's only as a novelty to toy around with, rather than something I'm desperately waiting to put into use.

That said...I still want to see some Umbrals, dammit! :p

Hello there!

BrokeAndDrive said:

I have no defense at this juncture. But the facts are straightforward.

Life + Part-time Job = approx. 90% of my time.

Which means the only long periods of extended writing (which are what you need to make any real progress) are my holidays. Such as the one I am on at the moment.

Currently it seems as though I'll have an 80 page Vampire Bestiary done (or 99% done) by next weekend.

Two problems with that are:

1) It won't be ready for release next weekend even if it is done - but I'll send a copy to Alzrius and he can come over here and at least state its not vapourware. It will need a full read through (spellchecking is good, but its not going to tell me if monster A should have 142 hit points and not 14.)

2) While the Vampire Bestiary was initially planned to be 64 pages, at the last count it was 142 pages. How the heck these things just spiral out of control is anybodies guess.

While I could have gotten all the text done for next weekend, theres no way I could have gotten all the text + art done for 142 pages. So I have spliced it into two. I weighed up the idea of a book with very sparse art, but I just didn't like the idea, so I am trying to get at least one illustration every 2 pages (more or less).

Ironically 80% of the actual 'Vampires' are in part two...as are the web previews I had posted (although I may move the Cherufe forward).

So while, this being me, take any release dates as some sort of false prophecy, I should have something resembling a book ready by next Sunday.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases