I have Adventure Vault 2

Crothian

First Post
2 weapons with songblade in the name, 4 with songbow.

So far I'm enjoying the book. AV1 was very functional this book and this is very fast impression seems a little more varied and I like the new things like Lair items, Immurements, and items sets.

Crothian

First Post
Anything that makes you go "Awesome, I am totally giving this to my players as treasure"?

The items that work together are cool and I could have some fun using them as plot hooks. I ran a Eberron campaign in 3e with the magic items that worked that way and it was a lot of fun.

Items these days can be so character specific that it hard to find something that I really want to give PCs as a group. There are plenty that would be useful to some of the characters but nothing yet that jumps off the page.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
From the previews, I've seen:

Magic ammunition: one shot items tend not to be that exciting, but these probably offend my sensibilities the least.

Immurements: yay! that cool encounter terrain the DM planned is ruined!

Item sets: either the set bonuses are good enough that noone wears anything except sets (which decreases choice) OR the set bonuses do nothing OR the set bonuses are balanced by the individual items sucking (which decreases choice AND gives crap treasure). They're just a bad idea all 'round.

Lair items: Woot! The delicate balance of gold vs character power is thoroughly destroyed for no better reason than to add some mechanics for something that could be roleplayed... and in the same breath we see the ultimate DM railroad item!

Pretty negative so far.

My question is: is there anything that doesn't trample all over the good design concepts present in the original books? Magical items without weird gimmick systems? Alchemical items that are interesting and not broken?

Crothian

First Post
My question is: is there anything that doesn't trample all over the good design concepts present in the original books? Magical items without weird gimmick systems? Alchemical items that are interesting and not broken?

I'm pretty sure you are going to hate this book. I can't answer your question because you are obviously looking at this from a different point of view as I do. I'm not going to guess on what good design concepts you won't want trampled on. Nothing in here looks like a weird gimmick system to me so far. There are no alchemical items in here.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases