Pathfinder 1E Paizo Partners with Reaper to Produce Pathfinder Miniatures

Xyxox

Hero
Paizo Partners with Reaper to Produce Pathfinder Miniatures
Monthly metal miniatures releases to support Paizo's new Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
58 minutes ago

Paizo Publishing and Reaper Miniatures today announced a new partnership that will see Reaper produce monthly metal miniature releases to support Paizo's blockbuster new Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. The line is set to debut in Fall 2009, with fantasy miniatures supporting the Pathfinder RPG, Pathfinder Adventure Paths, Pathfinder Modules, and the world of the Pathfinder Chronicles. All miniatures will be cast in the finest white-metal alloy and will be available through regular hobby distribution channels.

"We're ecstatic to be working with the fine people at Paizo Publishing," said Ed Pugh, CEO of Reaper Miniatures. "The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game has set a new standard in roleplaying and gaming in our industry. We're proud to be a part of such a groundbreaking endeavor."

With the formal release of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook scheduled for tomorrow, on the opening day of the Gen Con Game Fair, Paizo has already seen its initial print run of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook sell out completely to gamers and distributors, with the presses working overtime on a new second printing expected in early November. The massive Pathfinder Bestiary, featuring more than 350 fantastic foes for Pathfinder heroes, debuts in October. The Pathfinder RPG is an evolution of the 3.5 edition of the world's oldest fantasy roleplaying game, and is released under the terms of the Open Game License.

"All of us at Paizo use miniatures in our games, and when it comes to marrying high-impact sculpts with excellent production and distribution, Reaper Miniatures stands at the very pinnacle of the hobby games industry," said Erik Mona, Publisher of Paizo Publishing. "I simply cannot wait to discover the incredible sculpts and dynamic characters Reaper will produce for its Pathfinder line."

The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook and Reaper's extensive, award-winning miniatures line can be found wherever gaming products are sold or can be purchased directly from Paizo Publishing via paizo.com.

ABOUT PAIZO PUBLISHING
Paizo Publishing®, LLC is a leading publisher of fantasy roleplaying games, accessories, board games, and novels. Paizo's Pathfinder® line of rules, adventures, sourcebooks, and campaigns combines decades of game design experience into one evocative system compatible with the 3.5 rules. Paizo's GameMastery® accessories offer easy-to-use tools aimed at improving the tabletop RPG experience. Titanic Games™, Paizo's board game imprint, unleashes fun, challenging games like Kill Doctor Lucky™ and Yetisburg™ that appeal to both families and casual gamers alike. Paizo's Planet Stories® line of science fiction and fantasy novels promise thrilling adventure of the like not seen since the legendary pulps. Paizo.com is the leading online hobby retail store, offering tens of thousands of products from a variety of publishers to customers all over the world. In the seven years since its founding, Paizo Publishing has received more than a dozen major industry awards and has grown to become one of the most influential companies in the hobby games industry.

ABOUT REAPER MINIATURES
Reaper Miniatures is a worldwide leader in the design and casting of metal science fiction and fantasy miniature figurines. Based in Denton, Texas, Reaper products are available in fine hobby shops around the world.

For more information about Reaper Miniatures, visit the Reaper Miniatures website at ReaperMini.com.

This is AWESOME news!

Wow, I remember Paizo making an offhand comment about pathfinder minis but I thought it was just a pie in the sky thing. This is excellent news. If they do these minis on a reduced price subscription basis, I'm going to really struggle not to buy in for our group.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
As I said elsewhere, I don't have the skill (or desire) to paint minis, so unless they are prepainted, no interest here.

Xyxox

Hero
... I thought they already had a miniatures line that was sculpting their iconics? I could swear I've seen it before.

[TMP] Pathfinder Miniatures Wave 4 Released

Right. That's them.

So color me a little confused? They're no longer using Crocodile?

Looks like it's now Reaper, not Crocodile.

As I said elsewhere, I don't have the skill (or desire) to paint minis, so unless they are prepainted, no interest here.

Reaper does some PPM, so who knows where this will go.

Xyxox

Hero
And should that occur, I'll be responding quite differently. :)

The thing I like most about Reaper's PPM is the fact that the sculpts are the same as unpainted pewter versions.

I have three hobbies.

1) Tabletop RPGs
2) Tabletop Miniature Wargames
3) Miniature modeling and painting

So it's all good for me.

:D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases