[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Explains why I couldnt find him on initiative hahaha. Then point me at the nearest hostile :p[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC - They are all now inside, which is why Rohna just went crashing through the window into the store like an acrobat in full plate. :cool: If your close to half on HP then using a move and a second wind might be a good move right now if you don't have a ranged attack handy.

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the delay, needed to catch up on some sleep. Also, mounting or dismounting while in combat is a standard action. If others want to try something crazy(and get a crazy good check), I'll allow it this round.[/sblock]

Rohna spurs her mount closer to the window. Through some stroke the luck the goliath jumps off her horses reins, flipping over Natasha's head and rolling to her feet at the broken window. The goliath hurls her shield at the visible slinger. The strikes the creature in the leg and returns back to her arm. Now inside, the goliath gets a better view of the interior. Shelves line the center of the room. The shelves are lined with all manner of objects, lengths of rope, laterns, pints of oil, bags of flour and sugar. The kobolds have retreated to the back of the room, wounded and out of breath.

[sblock=Vertexx]Mounting/Dismounting in combat is a standard action. Since you rolled so high on your check, I'll let you get off your actions, except that you can't move closer to the door.[/sblock]

Roswyn watches the kobold warriors withdraw into the building and shakes her head. That could be inconvenient... better put the warforged and the goliath on point...

She notices Harkin dart into the alley beside the building. "Harkin! Be careful!" she shouts. His father could already be dead! We can't lose him too - who would pay us?

She dashes across the street to watch the alley and the nearby window, orb at the ready. The gnome sees nothing besides shelves in the window at the front of the shop. However, there are three windows lining the side of the building that she could peer into.

[sblock=ooc]Unbroken windows at C8, C10, and C12. Roswyn sees nothing through the front window, besides shelves of goods.[/sblock]

The slinger at which the goliath threw her shield places another clay pot in her weapon and swiftly lets the object fly towards Rohna. The pot strikes her shield, dripping sticky glue onto the ground. Two javelin wielding kobolds rush at Rohna, no longer astride her mount. The kobolds grins of delight change to fear, as their weapons scrape across Rohna's formidable armor. Two of the heavily armored kobolds rush at her as well. The first rams it's blade into the side of her knee. The second's blade scrapes along the side of the her shield.

[sblock=ooc]Rohna is now bloodied.[/sblock]

Cleaver spurs his lizard over to the door. The warforged dismounts and then sees Rohna, surrounded by foes, though it seems she is holding her own. A few more kobolds can be seen at the back of the shop.

[sblock=ooc]Move and standard done for Cleaver.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Slinger misses. imm slinger vs Rohna (1d20+8=20, 1d6+4=10)
M4 and M6 miss. m4 and m6 vs Rohna (1d20+7=9, 1d20+9=12)
D3 hits, D2 misses. D3 D2 attack Rohna (1d20+12=31, 1d20+13=18, 1d6+4=9, 1d6+4=6) [/sblock]
Init: Round 4
Tondrek: 23--Acted
Rohna: 16--Acted
Roswyn: 16--Readied action for Phantom bolt.
Kobolds: 14--
Cleaver: 14--Acted
Tamarand: 13--

Tondrek: 35/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1--
Rohna: 25/51 Resist 1, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0--bloodied--Mount -10hp
Roswyn: 20/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--
Cleaver: 25+5/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp
Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
D1: -40--bloodied
D2: -45--bloodied
D3 -10
S1 5 THP
S2 -5--marked by Rohna
W: dead
M1-dead
M2-dead
M3-dead
M4
X--Rolling staircase

[sblock=ooc]Tamarand up! My next update will be about 8am tomorrow morning.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=Evo]in round 3 you forgot about Rohna's resist all 1 and her temp HP, so she only took 4 acid to her temp HP leaving her with 36/51 and 2 temp HP. In round 4 She takes 8 from D2 knocking out her last 2 THP and 6 making her total 30 :p I know it can get confusing with the resist ALL and THP, but that's Rohna's job as defender.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Nudging his mount to continue along the wall, Tamarand again points his twin daggers at one of the kobolds and a sphere of green acid emits from them. Again his aim is off, the drow sorceror stares at his weapons and then at his mount, slapping th creature in the back of the head in frustration.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: 7 squares to the east
Standard: Acid Orb on square M6 - vs ref; dmg (1d20+8=15, 1d10+11=14)
Minor: n/a
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniMe]
Tamarand —Male Drow Sorceror 4
Initiative: +6, Darkvision, Passive Perception: 1, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 20*, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 19— Speed:6 (7 on mount)
*Attacks from more than 5 squares away take -5 penalty.
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Acid Orb
Blazing Starfall

Racial Power (Cloud of Darkness,Darkfire)
Bedeviling Burst
Flame Spiral
Spatial Trip

Ice Javelins
Skald's Leather Armour +1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mount]
Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
HP 69; Bloodied 34
AC 17*; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
*+1 from light barding

Bite (Standard, at-will)

+7 vs Armor Class; 2d6+4 damage.

Alignment Unaligned Languages --
Str 19 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 9 (+1)
Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0)
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=readied action]I'm going to assume nothing triggers the readied action (the kobolds have moved).[/sblock]

Roswyn sees Rohna and Cleaver enter the building and nods approvingly. Since the halfling boy seems safe for the moment, she advances to the wall of the building and peeks in through the window where the kobold slinger had been. Seeing the slinger lurking at the end of the row of shelves, she lifts her orb and gestures again.

[sblock=Window]So now Roswyn has cover from the slinger instead of the other way around, right? :cool: Also, for next round - is it possible to move through the window? is there a check, can I shift through it?[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]Move to F15
Standard: Phantom bolt vs S1 (attack vs. will, psychic damage) (1d20+9=29, 1d8+7=12) Critical! So make that 15 damage. Roswyn will slide the slinger to F6.[/sblock]

[sblock=Roswyn stat block]Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 4
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19 -- Speed:5
HP:20/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Cantrips, Phantom Bolt, Scorching Burst, Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Daunting Presence, Horrid Whispers, Majestic Word, Fade Away, Cloak of Resistance
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=Vertexx]Thanks for the catch. That is why I expect you guys to do some of the work too! I'll be using a program I found to tracking the next encounter, we'll see how it works out.[/sblock]

[sblock=ryryguy]You are correct, nothing triggers your readied actions. No shifting through it. But it will take either a move action with an acro or athlet check and count for two squares of movement.[/sblock]

Nudging his mount to continue along the wall, Tamarand again points his twin daggers at one of the kobolds and a sphere of green acid emits from them. The orb strikes the wall below the window, sizzling into the wood. Again his aim is off, the drow sorceror stares at his weapons and then at his mount, slapping th creature in the back of the head in frustration. The lizard hisses slightly, stepping carefully.

Init: Round 5
Tondrek: 23--
Rohna: 16--
Roswyn: 16--
Kobolds: 14--
Cleaver: 14--
Tamarand: 13--

Tondrek: 35/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1--
Rohna: 30/51 Resist 1, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0--Mount -10hp
Roswyn: 20/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--
Cleaver: 25+5/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp
Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
D1: -40--bloodied
D2: -45--bloodied
D3 -10
S1 5 THP
S2 -5--marked by Rohna
W: dead
M1-dead
M2-dead
M3-dead
M4
X--Rolling staircase

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek waddles in behind the warforged, his guardian following. Seeing Rohna surrounded, Tondrek pulls out a bit of wire, wraps it around the bold in his crossbow, mutters a few words, and shoots the enchanted ammo at the wounded armored kobold. [sblock=Actions]Move to J14, minor to Move doggie to I14. Repulsion Strike vs D2: 13 Ref, 16 force damage and D2 takes a -3 to attack rolls if it hit (unlikely).[/sblock][sblock=Tondrek]Tondrek—Male Half-orc Artificer 6
Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging
HP: 35/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 9/10; Half-orc Resilience
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Magic Weapon
Static Shock

Scouring Weapon
Repulsion Strike

Icebound Sigil
Flameheart Defender

Healing Infusion x2
Swift Mender
Furious Assault

Regeneration Infusion
Battle Staff +1 (daily)
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (encounter)
Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
2 Clockwork Bombs
2 Woundpatches
2 ALchemist's Acids

Doggie—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 22/9; Bloodied 4

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 5 action:

Rohna swings the warhammer around from the side at D2, it connects and the force of the blow carries through to M6. Marking them both. She raises her voice to a roar that can be heard clear across the street. Mitra comes passing strait through Cleaver into the store proper as Rohna shifts up next to the dragonshield she just marked. "Tondrek, one of your famous healing infusions for life used on me wouldn't be refused right now. Get over to the window I came through!"
[sblock=mini rohna]Rohna AC24, HP 30/51 (Temp HP 4),
Resist all 1, Surges/Value 13/11, Saves: F19/R14/W14, AP: 0
Natasha HP 52/58, Resist all 4, AC 20; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 14, Speed 9
Powers:
Cleave
Crushing Surge
Throwing Shield

Rhino Strike
Shield Bash
Stone's Endurance

Spirit's Fang
Spirit Speak
Villain's Menace[/sblock]
[sblock=actions]Move: I shift to (O,13), while Mitra moves into the store to (M,12).
Standard: Rohna Attacks D2 Cleave=28, 1d10+5=6 and 5 dmg to M6 marking both.[/sblock]

OOC:
1. Asking Tondrek to use Curative Admixture healing infusion on her (minor action, close burst 5).

2. If M6 or D2 shift (at all), Rohna gets IIA attacks each time. If D1 doesn't just shift away from Mitra, she gets to use Spirit's Fang on him as an OA.

3. Evo You're gonna need a simple order for your kobolds as each time I use an OA or IIA my THP are going to reset to 4. :angel:

4. Reminder that in 4ED nobody can move diagonally if there is something taking up the corner of the space they are moving by (for example shelves or a doorway ;)).

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Rohna] Hey, just thought you should know that since you're not actually making an attack roll against the second target of Cleave, you can't mark it. You must Hit or Miss the target (which requires an attack roll) in order to mark a target as a fighter. If this has already been house-ruled differently, then I'll just shush it and quietly slink away, but I thought you should be aware. [/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads