[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryryguy

First Post
Roswyn struggles to keep up with the running halfling, but makes it to the shop just behind the others. When she sees the kobolds and hears the commotion inside the store, she makes a "tsk, tsk" sound.

Wonderful... no chance to get a proper contract signed with the storekeeper, no time to get this crew organized... poor Pok would probably have a nervous breakdown! Well, no choice but to fight, I guess...

Instinctively, Roswyn shifts position behind Cleaver, using the warforged's large form to block the kobold's view of her. She lifts a small, shining blue orb in one hand and mutters under her breath. There is no visible effect, but the kobold looks up and squeals, trying to dodge some unseen threat.

After attacking, the gnome hustles down to the corner of the building across the street, glancing up the alley to her left and trying to get a better view of what is going on inside the building.

[sblock=Actions]
Free action: Reactive Stealth Reactive stealth (1d20+4=18)

(Rules note, I think Roswyn can use the cover provided by Cleaver to trigger reactive stealth, although she can't use the cover he provides to remain hidden. Not that she'll be remaining hidden anyhow since she's about to attack... If I'm wrong about the rules here, then no Stealth. :))

Standard action: Phantom Bolt Phantom Bolt vs. Kobold D1 (1d20+9=16, 1d8+7=13)

(Does not include possible +2 for CA against kobold if she is successfully hidden... a crappy roll, but might still hit Will defense; psychic damage. If this does hit, she can slide the Kobold 1 square, but I'm not sure there's anywhere useful to slide him to... if anyone wants me to slide him let me know.)

Move action: Move to D22

Minor action: Perception check (1d20+2=20)

(Depending on what she can see up the alley or in the shop, she might want to alter her movement or even spend an action point for another attack...)[/sblock]

[sblock=Roswyn stat block]Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 4
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19 -- Speed:5
HP:35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Cantrips, Phantom Bolt, Scorching Burst, Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Daunting Presence, Horrid Whispers, Majestic Word, Fade Away, Cloak of Resistance
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC - I'd definitely rather roswyn (or anyone else) didn't slide them anywhere. Rohna has them both marked so if either one shifts or moves away from her at all she gets immediate reaction attacks/OAs on both of them.

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Cleaver]
Cleaver - Male Warforged Barbarian 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 18, Fort: 18, Reflex: 14, Will: 14 — Speed:6 (7 on mount)
HP: 52/52, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Foe to Foe
Howling Strike

Swift Charge
Avalanche Strike
Combat Sprint
Hammerfall
Warforged Resolve

Rage Drakes Frenzy
Lifedrinkers Executioners Axe +1
Bloodcut Hide Armor +1
Horned Helm
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]Cleaver charges forward to I/J 16/17 and uses Howling Strike Vs AC Howling Strike 1d20+10=21, 1d12+2d6+5=22[/sblock]

Cleaver rushes forward, not even slowing as he speaks deadpan.

Step aside, you are hindering the fulfillment of my objective.

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=King]While you can charge up into Mitra's space (I,16) Cleaver can't end his movement there. Luckily you can shift back a space or dismount as a move action.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] The extra 1d6 is from my horned helm, adds 1d6 on all charge attacks, and I didn't realise the space I chose was occupied. Saw Rohna's move but missed Mitra's. If we can just put me in "the nearest unoccupied space" since that's the rule for charging anyway I believe should be good to go.

And yes charging does end your turn.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Oo! Baddies! Tondrek releases the chain, and fumbles with his crossbow a moment. Taking aim, he traces some arcane runes on it and with a *FWP!* releases the bolt at the nearest kobold. With a loud *ka-thunk*, another bolt loads. Even though they weren't surprised, the speed of the bolt gets past the kobold's shield. Unfortunately though, it strikes the kobold's shoulder, deflecting off the scales of it's armor and thudding into the wooden building behind him.

[sblock=ooc]Miss.[/sblock]

Rohna, Mitra, and Natasha move into position, past Harkin. The goliath, whirling her warhammer over her head, charges the kobolds. The kobolds shift out of the way of Rohna's charge, but the goliath spurs her mount on. The kobold can't deflect the heavy attack of the goliath and it's arm wrenches awkwardly. As Rohna spins to swing at the other kobold, she notices it is out of reach....so she strikes again with her warhammer. Already battered from her initial strike, it can'd dodge the second attack either. Ribs can be heard cracking when she slams her hammmer into it's chest. She does notice that the interior of the shop is filled with tall shelves. Several kobolds look up from their place going through the goods to glare in anger at her interference.

[sblock=ooc]Mirta does not have the movement to get all the way to the kobolds(speed same as Rohna's, 5). Due to kobold tactics, the kobolds shift away when Rohna moves adjacient. Vertexx, if you want to use crushing surge on D2 who is in reach, let me know and I'll edit. Added damage to D2, and the extra 4 hp to Rohna from crushing surge.[/sblock]

Instinctively, Roswyn shifts position behind Cleaver, using the warforged's large form to block the kobold's view of her. She lifts a small, shining blue orb in one hand and mutters under her breath. There is no visible effect, but the kobold looks up and squeals, trying to dodge some unseen threat and ends up closer to Rohna. The gnome walks to the alleyway and looks down there as well as in the store. Due to her height and the glare on the window she finds it hard to see inside.

The two kobolds next to Rohna leap to reach her and strike out with their blades. Rohna, on her mount finds it hard to dodge the kobold's precision strikes. The kobold's draw blood on her arm and across her stomach. She finds it hard to focus on opponents other than the kobold in front of her.

[sblock=ooc]D1 and D2 attack Rohna, both hitting for a total of 14 damage. Rohna is marked by D2.[/sblock]

Suddenly the glass of the windows that are the front of the shop shatter. A strange whirring can be heard and objects hurl from the slings of kobolds that can now be seen. Both kobolds hurl pots at Cleaver, the second adjusting it's aim when the first kobold's pot flies over the head of the 'forged. The clay pots slams into Cleaver's gut, knocking the wind out of him, and exploding with glue. The glue holds the warforged in place.

[sblock=ooc] S1 and S2 attack Cleaver. The second attack hits for 8 damage and Cleaver is immobilized(save ends). Cleaver/tamarand glue shot (1d20+8=11, 1d6+3=8, 1d20+8=27, 1d6+3=8) The kobolds slingers have cover from all attacks. I noticed that ukingsken never confirmed/denied being mounted, so his action may depend his decision in that regard.[/sblock]

Another kobold, this one in robes, steps from the side of the building. Raising it's palm, an orb of acid is conjured which then jets toward the goliath. The orb strikes the goliath in the kidney, soaking through her armor burning into her skin beneath. After it's attack the kobold steps back into the shadows of the building.

[sblock=ooc]kobold spellcaster target's Rohna with an acid orb. 12 damage for Rohna. acid orb vs Rohna (1d20+8=21, 1d10+4=12) [/sblock]

Cleaver, now stuck to his saddle, but no less deadly charges the kobold to Rohna's side. The advantage of his mount as well as his huge axe is too much for the kobold, who's eye open wide as the warforged comes barreling towards it. The axe connect's and the kobold yelps as blood gushes from it's arm. With the movement and Cleaver's great strength, he is able to break out of the glue.

[sblock=ooc]Yes, even though you are immobilized you can still charge, I just needed to know if you were mounted or not.[/sblock]

Tamarand, with the battle now in full tilt conjures an acid orb like the kobold did. The kobold dodges the drow's deadly magic at the last second and the acid sizzles against the wood of the building.

[sblock=ooc]Miss[/sblock]

Init: Round 2

Tondrek: 23--
Rohna: 16--
Roswyn: 16--
Kobolds: 14--
Cleaver: 14--
Tamarand: 13--

Tondrek: 53/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1
Rohna: 33/51, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0?--Marked by D2
Roswyn: 35/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1
Cleaver: 44/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 1--Immobilized(save ends)
Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
D1: -35--bloodied
D2: -29--Marked by Rohna--bloodied
S1
S2
W

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Cleaver is mounted, so can he still charge while on his mount? If so the action should stay the same. If not I guess he thrashes in impotent rage.

I'll edit post to reflect whatever I can or can not do.

Saving Throw 1d20=10[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Would D1 have shifted when Mitra first closed in before Rohna's charge? If so would it still be able to get out of Rohna's reach with a shift? If its still out of reach, then yes Rohna will use her AP on D2 (which would mean 31 total dmg to D2). Did you already take Rohna's resist all 1 into account for the 14 dmg total? If not then she loses all her temp HP and only really takes 15.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases