[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB] - Page 10




Closed Thread
Page 10 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1347
  1. #91
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    Seeing Rohna pressed on all sides, Cleaver moves in to strike one of the armored kobolds while positioning himself for a strike against the javelin wielder. Cleaver's strike cleaves the kobold in two and as the bloody halves seperate, the warforged strikes out wildly at the other kobold near him. The fury of his attack sends his aim off though. Without turning he shouts.

    Artificer, I am in need of repair. Perhaps you could be of assistance?

    Suddenly Cleavers armor glimmers a crimson red, and a sheen of blood red light covers him from head to toe, warding him against damage.

    ooc
    D2 goes down and trigger rage drake free attack, which misses. cleaver free attack from rage (1d20+9=10, 1d12+5=6) If you want to charge M5 with swift charge let me know.


    Looking upon the battlefield and the troubles his allies are going through, Tamarand shakes his head. The drow points at the kobold in the window and suddenly purple flames wreath the small humanoid, although harmless they provide a minor distraction that Tamarand meant to take advantage of. Pushing the lizard forward, the drow rides up next to Rohna's mount. "Must I do everything myself?" he says spitefully to the others.

    "Nature's flames destroy my enemies!" he calls out and suddenly a tornado of fire erupts from the drow, but the flames do not harm either his allies nor his mount, but rather the pair of kobolds around. One of the kobolds is reduced to ash by the magic. The heavily armored smolders, it's armor glowing red from the flames. The flames linger around the drow, scorching the last remaing melee kobold.

    Tondrek looks in confusion at all the blood from his new friends. He takes out a small vial, shakes it a bit, then tosses it at Little Big Girl; the arcane reagents strengthen her resolve. When Cleaver activates his armor, something Tondrek did also strengthens the 'forged. Meanwhile, Tondrek yells Stop that! at the slinger, and shoots of another bolt with his enchantment, and this time the shot explodes with magic power, catching the slinger in the gut. He then gestures for Doggie to attack it, and the construct whimpers slightly...

    SG
    Doggie lacks a basic attack, so it can't charge. I can move it next to the slinger though if you wish.


    Roswyn watches the drow conjure fire and grimaces. Fool! Doesn't he see the oil and flour on the shelves? That place could blow and kill everyone!

    The gnome looks up at the adjacent window sill, then towards the doorway, but sees that it is blocked by the warforged's mount. Again she grimaces, then tries to leap up through the window. Her head barely clears the sill, and she drops back down outside. She grits her teeth, backs up a few steps, and throws herself headlong at the opening...managing to flip over the sill. The gnome lands in a crouch, and then hurries off to the side, hiding behind a shelf.




    Vertexx
    Thanks for the hp catch again, hopefully I can do better with this next battle. I think there is bit of a learning curve when dealing with new PCs. No spirits fangs, the kobolds shifted. I will allow you to gain temp hp from that power though in the future.

    Init: Round 6
    Tondrek: 23--Acted
    Rohna: 16--
    Roswyn: 16--Acted
    Kobolds: 14--
    Cleaver: 14--
    Tamarand: 13--

    Tondrek: 28/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1--
    Rohna: 40/51 Resist 1, Surges: 12/13(12) AP: 0--bloodied--Mount -10hp
    Roswyn: 15/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--Bloodied
    Cleaver: 25+7/52 Resist 10 all until eont. Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp
    Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
    D1: -40--bloodied
    D2: really really dead
    D3 -28
    S1 -27--bloodied
    S2 -5--
    W: dead
    M1-dead
    M2-dead
    M3-dead
    M4-dead
    M5
    M6-dead
    X--Rolling staircase

 

  • #92
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    Ignore Vertexx69
    Round 6 action:

    Rohna elates as a dragonshield finally hits the ground she whirls all her attention on M1, once again bringing her hammer over her head for another Crushing Surge. While Mitra moves over next to her master once more, Rohna takes a look around behind her to see if she's stepping into anything before moving. Perception=13

    mini rohna
    Rohna AC24, HP 40/51 (Temp HP 8), Resist all 1, Surges/Value 13/11, Saves: F19/R14/W14, AP: 0
    Powers:
    Cleave
    Crushing Surge
    Throwing Shield

    Rhino Strike
    Shield Bash
    Stone's Endurance

    Spirit's Fang
    Spirit Speak
    Villain's Menace
    Natasha
    Natasha HP 52/58, Resist all 4, AC 20; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 14, Speed 9

    actions
    Standard: Crushing Surge=16, 1d10+5=13 on M1 marking it.
    Move: Shift back to (O,12). Mitra moves to (N,12). (enemies cannot move through Mitra's space.)
    Last edited by Vertexx69; Monday, 24th August, 2009 at 03:38 PM.
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #93
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    OOC
    Roswyn has an unexpended encounter power left which is an Area 1. I'd like to use it on the slingers (pending their move). So if anybody charges the back row there, please try to position yourself so I can still catch both of them without hitting you. (If possible - do what you have to do.)
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #94
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    Ignore ukingsken
    Round 5
    I will use my charge. 1d20+10=12 1d12+2d6+5=20 Also since temp HP dont stack I have 9 (from Rageblood Vigor)


    Cleaver

    Cleaver - Male Warforged Barbarian 4
    Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
    AC: 18, Fort: 18, Reflex: 14, Will: 14 — Speed:6 (7 on mount)
    HP: 25/52 9 Temp HP, RES Damage 10, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 11/12
    Action Points: 0; Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Foe to Foe
    Howling Strike
    Swift Charge
    Avalanche Strike
    Combat Sprint
    Hammerfall
    Warforged Resolve
    Rage Drakes Frenzy
    Lifedrinkers Executioners Axe +1
    Bloodcut Hide Armor +1 Power
    Horned Helm


    Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast

    Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
    HP 59/69; Bloodied 34
    AC 16; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
    Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
    Bite (Standard, at-will)
    +7 vs Armor Class; 2d6+4 damage.
    Alignment Unaligned Languages --
    Str 19 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 9 (+1)
    Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0)


    As his enemy falls Cleaver seems to draw vitality from him and charges towards the remaining magic user. In his haste he slips, and his sword bites into the wood instead. Pulling it from the floor he stares balefully at the kobold.

    Must remember to not be so hastey. Cleaver mutters seemingly to himself.

    Cleaver steps forward to engage the slinger. Swinging his heavy blade in a swift arc, he swings it up over his head and pulls it down with all his might cutting the air, heading for an impact like thunder.

    Actions

    Move Action to shift to L6
    Standard action to attack S2 with Hammerfall 1d20+9=23, 2d12+5=15
    Last edited by ukingsken; Wednesday, 26th August, 2009 at 03:14 AM.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #95
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    OOC: Sorry for the delay, enworld went down midpost yesterday. I'm home from work now for three days, and will be off until friday.

    RETCON(Cleaver's action round 5):

    Seeing Rohna pressed on all sides, Cleaver moves in to strike one of the armored kobolds while positioning himself for a strike against the javelin wielder. Cleaver's strike cleaves the kobold in two and as the bloody halves seperate, the warforged strikes out wildly at the other kobold near him. The fury of his attack sends his aim off though. Still in a fury the warforged charges to the other end of the shop, and swing at one of the kobolds in the back of the shop. The tightness of the shelves limits his attack though, and the axe bites into the wood floor. Without turning he shouts.

    Artificer, I am in need of repair. Perhaps you could be of assistance?

    Suddenly Cleavers armor glimmers a crimson red, and a sheen of blood red light covers him from head to toe, warding him against damage

    /END RETCON

    Rohna elates as a dragonshield finally hits the ground she whirls all her attention on the remaning standing dragonshield near her, once again bringing her hammer over her head for another Crushing Surge. The kobold steps to the side, and deflects her blow away with it's shield. While Mitra moves over next to her master once more, Rohna takes a look around behind her to see if she's stepping into anything before moving. Not seeing anything throught the cloud of flour, the goliath steps back.

    Vertexx
    I assume you mean to attack D3, because that is the only opponent near you. Also, I believe you should only have 4 temp hp. You missed on the crushing surge, so you get the 4 temp for missing only.


    The heavily armored kobolds shove the heavy shelf at the end of the room. They push mightily, but the shelf only wobbles slightly. Getting the idea, the slingers move behind the shelf too, using their legs while bracing their backs against the wall. Success!

    The shelf topples over, crashing into the remainder of the shelves in a domino type effect. The falling shelves and debris strike the adventurer's hard, Rohna is slammed to the ground by the shelf, Cleaver sees is coming, braces his feet and sends an armored forearm through the wooden shelf, keeping his feet. The magic of his armor protects him from almost any injury. Roswyn is caught flatfooted, just landing from her leap through the window. A heavy urn strikes her in the chest, and the shelf lands on her prone form. The gnome doesn't move. Only the warforged and the spirit bear remain standing in the debris.

    Yipping with delight the remaining kobold not behind the shelves stabs at Cleaver, before stepping away behind the counter at the back of the shop. The raging warforged slaps the kobolds feeble attempt to hurt it away with his bare hand.

    ooc
    str check for dragonshields (1d20+4=5, 1d20+4=7) (Fail). slinger str check (1d20=15, 1d20=12) Success.falling shelves on Rohna, Cleaver, Roswyn vs ref (1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=26, 3d8+3=22) Hits Rohna and Roswyn for 22(21 with resist 1) damage, and are knocked prone(Roswyn unconscious). Cleaver is missed, takes half damage, which is very little thanks to his resist 10.
    M5 vs cleaver (1d20+6=8) Miss Cleaver


    Picking his way through the rubble, Cleaver swings his axe upward at the slinger. The weapon catches the underside of it's arm, sinking deep into it's scaly flesh and sending it flipping over backwards. It's breath comes out in a big *whoosh* as it slams facedown onto the floor of the shop.

    With all the commotion inside, Harkin appears at the door of the shop. Seeing the mess inside, and the heroes in trouble, the halfing says. "Oh no! My Pa is gonna kill me! I'm comin'!" The halfling pulls a dagger from his belt, ready to get into the action.


    Init: Round 6
    Tondrek: 23--Acted
    Rohna: 16--Acted
    Roswyn: 16--Acted
    Kobolds: 14--Acted
    Cleaver: 14--Acted
    Tamarand: 13--

    Tondrek: 28/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1--
    Rohna: 23/51 Resist 1, Surges: 12/13(12) --prone --AP: 0--bloodied--Mount -10hp
    Roswyn: -7/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--DYING
    Cleaver: 25+8/52 Resist 10 all until eont. Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp
    Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
    D1: -40--bloodied
    D2: really really dead
    D3 -28--marked by Rohna
    S1 -27--bloodied
    S2 -20--
    W: dead
    M1-dead
    M2-dead
    M3-dead
    M4-dead
    M5
    M6-dead
    X--Rolling staircase

    Map Notes
    The outlined section is where the shelves fell. It's difficult terrain, as well as providing concealment from the various bags of flour on the shelves. The dotted area in the back corner of the room is a counter. It can be gotten behind at the narrow end, or jumped over with a DC 15 high jump ath check.

  • #96
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    Ignore Vertexx69
    OOC @ Evo
    Ah I see what that was now, you had Mitra next to me but not colored, so I thought she was another kobold minion. If the area Rohna was shifting into was difficult terrain (as per your map from the beginning of round 6), she couldn't shift into it and wouldn't have used a move action as it would have pulled an OA from D3 (this puts rohna and mitra back in their original position at (O,13/P,13 not inside the attack zone). That's why I rolled perception to see what that orange square was. Unfortunately this might mess up your action a bit as she would still be next to a marked D3 and get an IIA if he did anything else besides attack and Mitra would get her spirit's fangs OA if he moved past her as well. This logistical stuff does get confusing. And S1/S2 can't really get to where they are even with shifty since you cant move diagonal past the row of shelves. And even if they could, wouldn't they be pulling OAs from Cleaver as they passed him at the end of the row?
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #97
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    OOC
    Well, crap! Should have seen that coming, I guess...
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #98
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    Vertexx
    The area you shifted into was not difficult terrain, just the cloud of flour(provides concealment). On the position of shelves: See pg 284 if the PHB(obstacles between squares, that would be the shelves). To cut to the chase, they don't take up the whole space, so you can move diag, but it counts as difficult terrain. The kobolds can still reach the shelves, so nothing changes.


    ryryguy
    Nothing you could do. I rolled well on the attack and damage too. I don't expect you to be down too long.

  • #99
    Seeing the events transpiring in front of him, Tamarand buries his head in his hands for a moment, a loud sigh is audible over the din of the battle. Backing his lizard back in the event of needing a timely escape from the battle. He points his twin daggers at the kobold in front of him, blasting it this time with an orb of acid.

    OOC

    Minor: n/a
    Move: Shift south 1 square
    Standard: Acid Orb on D3 - Vs Ref; Acid Damage (1d20+8=23, 1d10+11=12) Hits Ref 23 for 12 damage


    MiniMe

    Tamarand Male Drow Sorceror 4
    Initiative: +6, Darkvision, Passive Perception: 1, Passive Insight: 11
    AC: 20*, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 19 Speed:6 (7 on mount)
    *Attacks from more than 5 squares away take -5 penalty.
    HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
    Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Acid Orb
    Blazing Starfall

    Racial Power (Cloud of Darkness,Darkfire)
    Bedeviling Burst
    Flame Spiral
    Spatial Trip

    Ice Javelins
    Skald's Leather Armour +1


    Mount

    Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
    HP 69; Bloodied 34
    AC 17*; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
    Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
    *+1 from light barding

    Bite (Standard, at-will)

    +7 vs Armor Class; 2d6+4 damage.

    Alignment Unaligned Languages --
    Str 19 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 9 (+1)
    Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0)


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #100
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    Ignore Vertexx69
    OOC - So are we buried under fallen shelves now, or just standing in the middle of difficult terrain at the beginning of round 7?
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • Closed Thread
    Page 10 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adventure 3 Final Encounter - SPOILERS - DM ONLY
      By merchantsteve in forum EN Publishing
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 17th August, 2009, 04:12 PM
    2. Write an Adventure - Make Money
      By 6d6fireball in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st April, 2009, 10:22 AM
    3. KotS Final Encounter: SPOILERS
      By Simplicity in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd May, 2008, 11:22 PM
    4. YB - Sanctus Togashi vs. Dirty Harry! Judge: Kalanyr
      By Creamsteak in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st August, 2002, 02:58 PM
    5. Mini Encounter Contest - Heat 8 [final primary round]
      By Morrus in forum Archive-threads
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: Monday, 17th June, 2002, 04:12 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •