[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB] - Page 6





Closed Thread
Page 6 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1347
  1. #51
    Tamarand looks over at the halfork, "Maybe instead of ooooing you can do something" the drow hisses angrily, as he spurs the lizard forward. Tamarand points his daggers to the sky, tracing a circle pattern in the air. A silver circle appears over the two kobolds and from out of the circle a small shower of meteors come falling out raining upon the enemy. Smiling to himself as the flaming projectiles do their work, Tamarand looks back to Tondrek, "Like that" he calls out.

    OOC

    Move: Forward 3 squares
    Standard: Blazing Starfall on M2 & W (centered on W) - Vs M2, Vs W; Radiant Damage (1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=22, 1d4+11=12) Hits Ref 22 for each they each take 12 fire and radiant damage.
    Minor: n/a


    MiniMe

    Tamarand ŚMale Drow Sorceror 4
    Initiative: +6, Darkvision, Passive Perception: 1, Passive Insight: 11
    AC: 20*, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 19Ś Speed:6 (7 on mount)
    *Attacks from more than 5 squares away take -5 penalty.
    HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
    Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Acid Orb
    Blazing Starfall

    Racial Power (Cloud of Darkness,Darkfire)
    Bedeviling Burst
    Flame Spiral
    Spatial Trip

    Ice Javelins
    Skald's Leather Armour +1


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

 

  • #52
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    ° Ignore Vertexx69
    Rohna AC24, HP 36/51 (Temp HP 6), Resist all 1, Surges/Value 13/11, Saves: F19/R14/W14, AP: 0

    Rohna sees her chance to get away from the kobold meat shields and takes it. She wheels Natasha around, shifting south, then charges the slowed wyrmpriest who is just 10ft away with her shield.

    Combat
    Powers:
    Rhino Strike
    Shield Bash
    Spirit's Fang
    Stone's Endurance

    Spirit Speak
    Villain's Menace


    Minor: Rohna shifts to (K/L,17/18).
    Move: Mitra moves through Cleavers spaces from (J,15) to (O,17) diagonally adjecent to M2.
    Standard: Rohna then charges into (M/N,17/18) and hits W, knocking him prone. Shield Bash vs reflex=21, 1d10+10=15 marking him on the ground.
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #53
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    ° Ignore ukingsken
    Cleaver

    Cleaver - Male Warforged Barbarian 4
    Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
    AC: 18, Fort: 18, Reflex: 14, Will: 14 Ś Speed:6 (7 on mount)
    HP: 25/52, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 12/12
    Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Foe to Foe
    Howling Strike

    Swift Charge
    Avalanche Strike
    Combat Sprint
    Hammerfall
    Warforged Resolve

    Rage Drakes Frenzy
    Lifedrinkers Executioners Axe +1
    Bloodcut Hide Armor +1
    Horned Helm
    Looking around to see where he can do the most damage Cleavers eyes settle on the pair to the southeast. Pulling ripfang expertly away from the nearest kobold Cleaver wheels, and with a silent salute to the waiting kobolds rushes forward once more swinging his axe in a deadly arc.

    Actions

    Move Action to Shift to I/J 17/18
    Standard Action to Charge W using Howling Strike 1d20+10=23 1d12+2d6+5=20
    Action Point to attack W if still standing or M2 if not with Foe to Foe 1d20+9=15, 1d12+5(+1d8)=9(11)
    Saving Throw 1d20+2=11



    We must find a way to draw them out or force our way inside. The walls leave us at a tactical disadvantage.

    As the flames coating his body sputter, they fail to find purchase on the treated wood, leaving little more then scorch marks.

    ooc
    I adjusted my HP total to reflect the 3 ongoing damage at the beginning of my turn

    Last edited by ukingsken; Sunday, 16th August, 2009 at 08:04 PM.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #54
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    ° Ignore ryryguy
    ooc
    eh, maybe I jumped the gun using Hypnotic Pattern... I wish I could use it again now! It will take a while to understand how to use Roswyn's powers best... at least it did pull the wizard out, and he is getting pounded. Go, Rohna!

    I don't know about getting into the building or getting them out... Alternatively, I could drop grasping shadows on the doorway, which slows and knocks prone, giving us a chance to head down the far alley and try to get in from that side?

    (edit - thinking about it some more, that might be a good move, but probably not at this moment. I think we want to make sure the guys in the street are down first... will post my move shortly.)
    Last edited by ryryguy; Sunday, 16th August, 2009 at 06:28 PM.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #55
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    ° Ignore ryryguy
    Roswyn shrieks and bats at her burning clothes. She hisses defiance at the kobolds.
    Draconic
    Stinking rats, we'll rip the scales from your skins and feed them to you one by one!

    She gestures with her orb; flames spring up near the door to the shop. Then she scurries back to the alley, seeking cover.
    Actions

    Takes 3 fire damage; hp now 20.

    I'm going to guess that the wizard and his adjacent buddy are down... if they are both up, I'd rather target my scorching burst on them...

    Standard: Scorching Burst on K15 (aka kobold D3): Scorching burst vs D3, M1, D1 (or W, M2) (1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=21, 1d20+8=14, 1d6+6=10)
    This is fire damage, vs. Reflex; D1 has cover against it I think (and that's my worst attack roll, natch )

    Move: Walk back to D22. Yay, cover!

    Saving Throw vs. ongoing fire damage: Save vs. ongoing fire (1d20=17) Success!


    Fade Away
    If an enemy somehow manages to close and hit Roswyn with a melee attack, she will use Fade Away. (But for now I'll suck it up for missile hits)


    Roswyn stat block
    Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 4
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
    AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19 -- Speed:5
    HP:20/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:7/7
    Initiative +2
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers: Cantrips, Phantom Bolt, Scorching Burst, Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Daunting Presence, Horrid Whispers, Majestic Word, Fade Away, Cloak of Resistance
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #56
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    ° Ignore ryryguy
    uking/Evo
    Just one thing I noticed reading back... the wyrmpriest was knocked prone by Rohna, so Cleaver should have Combat Advantage for his attacks. Might make a difference for that Foe to Foe attack...
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #57
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    ooc
    Since my posts are so long, on the days I work, which are Mon/Tues/Wed this week, I may do short updates. That is, I might do a couple people's init, instead of everybody as once. That way things can keep moving, but I don't have to spend 2 hours updating before I go to bed.


    Looking around to see where he can do the most damage Cleavers eyes settle on the pair to the southeast. Pulling ripfang expertly away from the nearest kobold Cleaver wheels, and with a silent salute to the waiting kobolds rushes forward once more swinging his axe in a deadly arc. The deadly weapon connects, glancing off the creature's shoulder. The warforged draws upon primal reserves of strength and brings the weapon around again swinging again this time at the robed one's legs. The creature steps back this time and the axe narrowly misses.

    We must find a way to draw them out or force our way inside. The walls leave us at a tactical disadvantage.

    As the flames coating his body sputter, they fail to find purchase on the treated wood, leaving little more then scorch marks.


    ooc
    Initial charge hits. AP attack misses.


    Tondrek: 23-- Acted
    Rohna: 16--Acted
    Roswyn: 16--Acted
    Kobolds: 14--Acted
    Cleaver: 14--Acted
    Tamarand: 13--

    Tondrek: 53/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1
    Rohna: 36/51 6 THP Resist 1, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0--Marked by D2
    Roswyn: 23/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--ongoing 3 fire
    Cleaver: 25/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0
    Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
    D1: -35 5 THP--bloodied
    D2: -45--Marked by Rohna--bloodied
    D3
    S1 5 THP
    S2 5 THP
    W: -20 Slowed until end of Roswyn's next turn.
    M1
    M2
    M3
    M4


    ooc
    More coming later.

  • #58
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    Tamarand looks over at the halfork, "Maybe instead of ooooing you can do something" the drow hisses angrily, as he spurs the lizard forward. Tamarand points his daggers to the sky, tracing a circle pattern in the air. A silver circle appears over the two kobolds and from out of the circle a small shower of meteors come falling out raining upon the enemy. One projectile strikes the robed one in the shoulder, spinning him around. The second kobold is hit squarely in the back of the head. It collapses to the ground bleeding. Smiling to himself as the flaming projectiles do their work, Tamarand looks back to Tondrek, "Like that" he calls out.


    Harkin finally snaps back to his senses. He points inside the shop. "My Pa's in there! You've got to help him." The halfling moves into the alley beside the building, taking cover from the combat.


    Tondrek backs up to where the gnome is and Doggie follows. Tuning his crossbow again, he attempts to bolt one of the nasty kobolds Little Big Girl was fighting, but in the excitement, it goes wide, deflecting off the wood of the doorway.

    Rohna sees her chance to get away from the kobold meat shields and takes it. She wheels Natasha around, shifting south, then charges the slowed wyrmpriest who is just 10ft away with her shield. The goliath slams her shield into the kobold's back, who was just spun around by Tamarand's magic. The creature slams facefirst into the ground, the wind knocked from it's lungs.


    Roswyn shrieks and bats at her burning clothes. She hisses defiance at the kobolds. She gestures with her orb; flames spring up near the door to the shop. The kobold warrior is singed by the flames, the second flings up it's shield, protecting it. The kobold pushing the rolling stair falls smoking to the ground. Then she scurries back to the alley, seeking cover, the flames now out.




    Init: Round 3
    Tondrek: 23-- Acted
    Rohna: 16--Acted
    Roswyn: 16--Acted
    Kobolds: 14--
    Cleaver: 14--
    Tamarand: 13--

    Tondrek: 53/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1
    Rohna: 36/51 6 THP Resist 1, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0--Marked by D2
    Roswyn: 20/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--ongoing 3 fire
    Cleaver: 25/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0
    Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
    D1: -40--bloodied
    D2: -45--bloodied
    D3 -10
    S1 5 THP
    S2 5 THP
    W: -35 Slowed until end of Roswyn's next turn.--Marked by Rohna--bloodied
    M1-dead
    M2-dead
    M3
    M4

    ooc
    More coming later.

  • #59
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    ° Ignore ukingsken
    Cleaver

    Cleaver - Male Warforged Barbarian 4
    Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
    AC: 18(14), Fort: 18(14), Reflex: 14(10), Will: 14(10) — Speed:6 (7 on mount)
    HP: 30/52 5 Temp HP, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 12/12
    Action Points: 0; Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Foe to Foe
    Howling Strike

    Swift Charge
    Avalanche Strike
    Combat Sprint
    Hammerfall
    Warforged Resolve

    Rage Drakes Frenzy
    Lifedrinkers Executioners Axe +1
    Bloodcut Hide Armor +1
    Horned Helm

    Cleaver glares at the wizard. Raising his axe high overhead, waves of half seen force seem to pulse into his hands from the very stone sharn is built of. Suddenly his axe drops like a boulder tumbling down a mountainside.

    Actions

    Standard Action to attack with Avalanche Strike 1d20+9=18 3d12+9=17
    Minor Action to use Warforged Resolve gaining 5 temp HP, and regaining 5 HP


    Gathering himself, some of the cords holding his limbs together begin to reknit themselves lending Cleaver renewed vigor.

    Even Sharn itself wars against the Kobolds.

    ooc
    Instead of you needing to remember to apply a +4 to your attacks against Cleaver this turn I just posted his defenses with a 4 point modifier in his stat block

    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #60
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    Those with mounts
    Add your mounts to your statblock please



    The wyrmpriest stands and inhales deeply. The kobold unleashes a gout of acid over the warforged, the goliath, and their mounts. Cleaver and Rohna take cover behind their mounts, but their mounts themselves are not so lucky. The kobold steps back from the pair.

    ooc
    Misses Cleaver and Rohna, so 5 damage. 10 damage to each of their mounts.


    The slingers whirl their weapons again and the clay pots fly and Cleaver and Tondrek. The pot flies over Cleaver's head, crashing against the roof of the building across the street, catching it afire. The other pot is on target, it strikes Tondrek right in the face, to his momentary amusement. His nose broken and bleeding and his hair on fire, the half-orc feels great pain. The pair of kobolds move away from the windows.

    The heavily armed and armored kobolds retreat into the shop.

    A javelin whistles toward the half orc from the window hitting him in the hip. The kobold just outside throws it's weapons as well going wide of the warforged, it then retreats just inside the doorframe.

    ooc

    javs: cleaver/tondrek (1d20+6=7, 1d20+6=25) Miss Cleaver, hit Tondrek for 5 dam.


    ooc
    Miss Cleaver, Crit Tondrek. 10 damage to Tondrek and ongoing 3 fire damage.


    Cleaver glares at the wizard. Raising his axe high overhead, waves of half seen force seem to pulse into his hands from the very stone sharn is built of. Suddenly his axe drops like a boulder tumbling down a mountainside.
    The kobold dances backward, and the axe bites into the stone roadway. Gathering himself, some of the cords holding his limbs together begin to reknit themselves lending Cleaver renewed vigor.

    Even Sharn itself wars against the Kobolds.

    ooc
    Miss. Thanks for making your posts so clear!


    Init: Round 3
    Tondrek: 23-- Acted
    Rohna: 16--Acted
    Roswyn: 16--Acted
    Kobolds: 14--Acted
    Cleaver: 14--Acted
    Tamarand: 13--

    Tondrek: 38/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1--ongoing 3 fire damage
    Rohna: 31/51 6 THP Resist 1, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0--Mount -10hp
    Roswyn: 20/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--ongoing 3 fire
    Cleaver: 25+5/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp
    Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
    D1: -40--bloodied
    D2: -45--bloodied
    D3 -10
    S1 5 THP
    S2 5 THP
    W: -35--Marked by Rohna--bloodied
    M1-dead
    M2-dead
    M3
    M4

  • Closed Thread
    Page 6 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adventure 3 Final Encounter - SPOILERS - DM ONLY
      By merchantsteve in forum EN Publishing
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 17th August, 2009, 04:12 PM
    2. Write an Adventure - Make Money
      By 6d6fireball in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st April, 2009, 10:22 AM
    3. KotS Final Encounter: SPOILERS
      By Simplicity in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd May, 2008, 11:22 PM
    4. YB - Sanctus Togashi vs. Dirty Harry! Judge: Kalanyr
      By Creamsteak in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st August, 2002, 02:58 PM
    5. Mini Encounter Contest - Heat 8 [final primary round]
      By Morrus in forum Archive-threads
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: Monday, 17th June, 2002, 04:12 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •