[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB] - Page 8





Closed Thread
Page 8 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1347
  1. #71
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    ° Ignore ukingsken
    ooc
    Explains why I couldnt find him on initiative hahaha. Then point me at the nearest hostile :P
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    ° Ignore Vertexx69
    OOC - They are all now inside, which is why Rohna just went crashing through the window into the store like an acrobat in full plate. If your close to half on HP then using a move and a second wind might be a good move right now if you don't have a ranged attack handy.
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #73
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    ooc
    Sorry for the delay, needed to catch up on some sleep. Also, mounting or dismounting while in combat is a standard action. If others want to try something crazy(and get a crazy good check), I'll allow it this round.


    Rohna spurs her mount closer to the window. Through some stroke the luck the goliath jumps off her horses reins, flipping over Natasha's head and rolling to her feet at the broken window. The goliath hurls her shield at the visible slinger. The strikes the creature in the leg and returns back to her arm. Now inside, the goliath gets a better view of the interior. Shelves line the center of the room. The shelves are lined with all manner of objects, lengths of rope, laterns, pints of oil, bags of flour and sugar. The kobolds have retreated to the back of the room, wounded and out of breath.

    Vertexx
    Mounting/Dismounting in combat is a standard action. Since you rolled so high on your check, I'll let you get off your actions, except that you can't move closer to the door.


    Roswyn watches the kobold warriors withdraw into the building and shakes her head. That could be inconvenient... better put the warforged and the goliath on point...

    She notices Harkin dart into the alley beside the building. "Harkin! Be careful!" she shouts. His father could already be dead! We can't lose him too - who would pay us?

    She dashes across the street to watch the alley and the nearby window, orb at the ready. The gnome sees nothing besides shelves in the window at the front of the shop. However, there are three windows lining the side of the building that she could peer into.

    ooc
    Unbroken windows at C8, C10, and C12. Roswyn sees nothing through the front window, besides shelves of goods.


    The slinger at which the goliath threw her shield places another clay pot in her weapon and swiftly lets the object fly towards Rohna. The pot strikes her shield, dripping sticky glue onto the ground. Two javelin wielding kobolds rush at Rohna, no longer astride her mount. The kobolds grins of delight change to fear, as their weapons scrape across Rohna's formidable armor. Two of the heavily armored kobolds rush at her as well. The first rams it's blade into the side of her knee. The second's blade scrapes along the side of the her shield.

    ooc
    Rohna is now bloodied.


    Cleaver spurs his lizard over to the door. The warforged dismounts and then sees Rohna, surrounded by foes, though it seems she is holding her own. A few more kobolds can be seen at the back of the shop.

    ooc
    Move and standard done for Cleaver.




    Init: Round 4
    Tondrek: 23--Acted
    Rohna: 16--Acted
    Roswyn: 16--Readied action for Phantom bolt.
    Kobolds: 14--
    Cleaver: 14--Acted
    Tamarand: 13--

    Tondrek: 35/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1--
    Rohna: 25/51 Resist 1, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0--bloodied--Mount -10hp
    Roswyn: 20/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--
    Cleaver: 25+5/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp
    Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
    D1: -40--bloodied
    D2: -45--bloodied
    D3 -10
    S1 5 THP
    S2 -5--marked by Rohna
    W: dead
    M1-dead
    M2-dead
    M3-dead
    M4
    X--Rolling staircase

    ooc
    Tamarand up! My next update will be about 8am tomorrow morning.

  • #74
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    ° Ignore Vertexx69
    Evo
    in round 3 you forgot about Rohna's resist all 1 and her temp HP, so she only took 4 acid to her temp HP leaving her with 36/51 and 2 temp HP. In round 4 She takes 8 from D2 knocking out her last 2 THP and 6 making her total 30 I know it can get confusing with the resist ALL and THP, but that's Rohna's job as defender.
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #75
    Nudging his mount to continue along the wall, Tamarand again points his twin daggers at one of the kobolds and a sphere of green acid emits from them. Again his aim is off, the drow sorceror stares at his weapons and then at his mount, slapping th creature in the back of the head in frustration.

    OOC

    Move: 7 squares to the east
    Standard: Acid Orb on square M6 - vs ref; dmg (1d20+8=15, 1d10+11=14)
    Minor: n/a


    MiniMe

    Tamarand ŚMale Drow Sorceror 4
    Initiative: +6, Darkvision, Passive Perception: 1, Passive Insight: 11
    AC: 20*, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 19Ś Speed:6 (7 on mount)
    *Attacks from more than 5 squares away take -5 penalty.
    HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
    Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Acid Orb
    Blazing Starfall

    Racial Power (Cloud of Darkness,Darkfire)
    Bedeviling Burst
    Flame Spiral
    Spatial Trip

    Ice Javelins
    Skald's Leather Armour +1


    Mount

    Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
    HP 69; Bloodied 34
    AC 17*; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
    Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
    *+1 from light barding

    Bite (Standard, at-will)

    +7 vs Armor Class; 2d6+4 damage.

    Alignment Unaligned Languages --
    Str 19 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 9 (+1)
    Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0)


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #76
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    ° Ignore ryryguy
    readied action
    I'm going to assume nothing triggers the readied action (the kobolds have moved).


    Roswyn sees Rohna and Cleaver enter the building and nods approvingly. Since the halfling boy seems safe for the moment, she advances to the wall of the building and peeks in through the window where the kobold slinger had been. Seeing the slinger lurking at the end of the row of shelves, she lifts her orb and gestures again.

    Window
    So now Roswyn has cover from the slinger instead of the other way around, right? Also, for next round - is it possible to move through the window? is there a check, can I shift through it?


    Actions
    Move to F15
    Standard: Phantom bolt vs S1 (attack vs. will, psychic damage) (1d20+9=29, 1d8+7=12) Critical! So make that 15 damage. Roswyn will slide the slinger to F6.


    Roswyn stat block
    Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 4
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
    AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19 -- Speed:5
    HP:20/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:7/7
    Initiative +2
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers: Cantrips, Phantom Bolt, Scorching Burst, Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Daunting Presence, Horrid Whispers, Majestic Word, Fade Away, Cloak of Resistance
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #77
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    Vertexx
    Thanks for the catch. That is why I expect you guys to do some of the work too! I'll be using a program I found to tracking the next encounter, we'll see how it works out.


    ryryguy
    You are correct, nothing triggers your readied actions. No shifting through it. But it will take either a move action with an acro or athlet check and count for two squares of movement.


    Nudging his mount to continue along the wall, Tamarand again points his twin daggers at one of the kobolds and a sphere of green acid emits from them. The orb strikes the wall below the window, sizzling into the wood. Again his aim is off, the drow sorceror stares at his weapons and then at his mount, slapping th creature in the back of the head in frustration. The lizard hisses slightly, stepping carefully.

    Init: Round 5
    Tondrek: 23--
    Rohna: 16--
    Roswyn: 16--
    Kobolds: 14--
    Cleaver: 14--
    Tamarand: 13--

    Tondrek: 35/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1--
    Rohna: 30/51 Resist 1, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0--Mount -10hp
    Roswyn: 20/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--
    Cleaver: 25+5/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp
    Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
    D1: -40--bloodied
    D2: -45--bloodied
    D3 -10
    S1 5 THP
    S2 -5--marked by Rohna
    W: dead
    M1-dead
    M2-dead
    M3-dead
    M4
    X--Rolling staircase

  • #78
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    ° Ignore stonegod
    Tondrek waddles in behind the warforged, his guardian following. Seeing Rohna surrounded, Tondrek pulls out a bit of wire, wraps it around the bold in his crossbow, mutters a few words, and shoots the enchanted ammo at the wounded armored kobold.
    Actions
    Move to J14, minor to Move doggie to I14. Repulsion Strike vs D2: 13 Ref, 16 force damage and D2 takes a -3 to attack rolls if it hit (unlikely).
    Tondrek
    TondrekŚMale Half-orc Artificer 6
    Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
    AC: 22, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 Ś Speed: 6, 8 when charging
    HP: 35/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 9/10; Half-orc Resilience
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
    Powers -
    Magic Weapon
    Static Shock

    Scouring Weapon
    Repulsion Strike

    Icebound Sigil
    Flameheart Defender

    Healing Infusion x2
    Swift Mender
    Furious Assault

    Regeneration Infusion
    Battle Staff +1 (daily)
    Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (encounter)
    Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
    Onyx Dog (daily)
    2 Clockwork Bombs
    2 Woundpatches
    2 ALchemist's Acids


    DoggieŚConstruct 4
    Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
    AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 Ś Speed: 8
    HP: 22/9; Bloodied 4

    Full character sheet
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #79
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    ° Ignore Vertexx69
    Round 5 action:

    Rohna swings the warhammer around from the side at D2, it connects and the force of the blow carries through to M6. Marking them both. She raises her voice to a roar that can be heard clear across the street. Mitra comes passing strait through Cleaver into the store proper as Rohna shifts up next to the dragonshield she just marked. "Tondrek, one of your famous healing infusions for life used on me wouldn't be refused right now. Get over to the window I came through!"
    mini rohna
    Rohna AC24, HP 30/51 (Temp HP 4),
    mini rohna
    Resist all 1, Surges/Value 13/11, Saves: F19/R14/W14, AP: 0
    Natasha HP 52/58, Resist all 4, AC 20; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 14, Speed 9
    Powers:
    Cleave
    Crushing Surge
    Throwing Shield

    Rhino Strike
    Shield Bash
    Stone's Endurance

    Spirit's Fang
    Spirit Speak
    Villain's Menace
    actions
    Move: I shift to (O,13), while Mitra moves into the store to (M,12).
    Standard: Rohna Attacks D2 Cleave=28, 1d10+5=6 and 5 dmg to M6 marking both.


    OOC:
    1. Asking Tondrek to use Curative Admixture healing infusion on her (minor action, close burst 5).

    2. If M6 or D2 shift (at all), Rohna gets IIA attacks each time. If D1 doesn't just shift away from Mitra, she gets to use Spirit's Fang on him as an OA.

    3. Evo You're gonna need a simple order for your kobolds as each time I use an OA or IIA my THP are going to reset to 4.

    4. Reminder that in 4ED nobody can move diagonally if there is something taking up the corner of the space they are moving by (for example shelves or a doorway ).
    Last edited by Vertexx69; Friday, 21st August, 2009 at 04:38 PM.
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #80
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    1,537

    ° Ignore Kalidrev
    Rohna
    Hey, just thought you should know that since you're not actually making an attack roll against the second target of Cleave, you can't mark it. You must Hit or Miss the target (which requires an attack roll) in order to mark a target as a fighter. If this has already been house-ruled differently, then I'll just shush it and quietly slink away, but I thought you should be aware.

  • Closed Thread
    Page 8 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adventure 3 Final Encounter - SPOILERS - DM ONLY
      By merchantsteve in forum EN Publishing
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 17th August, 2009, 04:12 PM
    2. Write an Adventure - Make Money
      By 6d6fireball in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st April, 2009, 10:22 AM
    3. KotS Final Encounter: SPOILERS
      By Simplicity in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd May, 2008, 11:22 PM
    4. YB - Sanctus Togashi vs. Dirty Harry! Judge: Kalanyr
      By Creamsteak in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st August, 2002, 02:58 PM
    5. Mini Encounter Contest - Heat 8 [final primary round]
      By Morrus in forum Archive-threads
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: Monday, 17th June, 2002, 04:12 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •