[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB] - Page 9





Closed Thread
Page 9 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1347
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    Tondrek waddles in behind the warforged, his guardian following. Seeing Rohna surrounded, Tondrek pulls out a bit of wire, wraps it around the bold in his crossbow, mutters a few words, and shoots the enchanted ammo at the wounded armored kobold. The bit of wire around the bolt sends it careening off the mark, and knocks a pot of flour of a shelf, sending up a white cloud.

    ooc
    The area between the orange dotted lines(NO 11/12) provides concealment. As I forgot to mention in an earlier post. The rolling stairs are similar to mounts. If one character pushes another on them(the attacker spends a standard, the pusher a move), the attack counts as a charge(gaining +1 on the attack roll, as well as ending the turn). In addition, the charger gains a +2 bonus to damage and pushes 1 square on a hit.


    Roswyn sees Rohna and Cleaver enter the building and nods approvingly. Since the halfling boy seems safe for the moment, she advances to the wall of the building and peeks in through the window where the kobold slinger had been. Seeing the slinger lurking at the end of the row of shelves, she lifts her orb and gestures again. The illusion stabs into the mind of the kobold and it staggers, clutching it's head.

    Init: Round 5
    Tondrek: 23--Acted
    Rohna: 16--Acted
    Roswyn: 16--Acted
    Kobolds: 14--
    Cleaver: 14--
    Tamarand: 13--

    Tondrek: 35/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1--
    Rohna: 30/51 Resist 1, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0--Mount -10hp
    Roswyn: 20/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--
    Cleaver: 25+5/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp
    Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
    D1: -40--bloodied
    D2: -45--bloodied
    D3 -10
    S1 -10
    S2 -5--marked by Rohna-
    W: dead
    M1-dead
    M2-dead
    M3-dead
    M4
    X--Rolling staircase

 

  • #82
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    ° Ignore ukingsken
    ooc
    Sorry for the delay, just took a new job. Will edit my action into this post this evening. If you need to NPC me to keep action moving go right ahead
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #83
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    ° Ignore ryryguy
    ooc
    The status showed Roswyn being next, but I believe it's really the kobolds, right?
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #84

  • #85
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    Tondrek waddles in behind the warforged, his guardian following. Seeing Rohna surrounded, Tondrek pulls out a bit of wire, wraps it around the bold in his crossbow, mutters a few words, and shoots the enchanted ammo at the wounded armored kobold. The bit of wire around the bolt sends it careening off the mark, and knocks a pot of flour of a shelf, sending up a white cloud.

    Rohna swings the warhammer around from the side at the armored kobold, it connects and the force of the blow carries through to it's companion next to it. The primary target of her attack is struck, hard in the ribs, and she can hear it gasping for breath. The other kobold can't deflect the blow as much as it's comrade and it falls to the ground, bleeding from it's head.

    She raises her voice to a roar that can be heard clear across the street. Mitra comes passing strait through Cleaver into the store proper as Rohna shifts up next to the dragonshield she just marked. "Tondrek, one of your famous healing infusions for life used on me wouldn't be refused right now. Get over to the window where I came through!"

    Roswyn sees Rohna and Cleaver enter the building and nods approvingly. Since the halfling boy seems safe for the moment, she advances to the wall of the building and peeks in through the window where the kobold slinger had been. Seeing the slinger lurking at the end of the row of shelves, she lifts her orb and gestures again. The illusion stabs into the mind of the kobold and it staggers, clutching it's head.

    The kobolds still surrounding the goliath strike out at her. One strikes out with it's javelin, but the blow deflects off her shield. The heavily armored kobolds show their training, one manages to hurt the warrior, it's blade sinking into the unarmored spot under her arm. The other's blade chips off her breastplate, sparking along it's path.


    The slinger once again targets the half-orc. They whirl their slings around, and smooth rocks fly at the artificer. One of the stones hits the half-orc with great force. The other stone hits the wall behind him, sending splinters of wood flying. The other heavily armored kobold moves to one side of the room.

    ooc

    kobolds vs AC (1d20+11=27, 1d6+4=7, 1d20+11=17, 1d6+4=8) One slinger hit on Tondrek for 7 damage.


    The remaining kobold throws a javelin at Roswyn and then moves to the other side of the building. The weapon strikes the gnome in the shoulder, drawing a severe breath from the gnome before clattering to the stone behind her.

    ooc
    Hit for 5 damage. Roswyn AC (1d20+6=23)


    Init: Round 5
    Tondrek: 23--Acted
    Rohna: 16--Acted
    Roswyn: 16--Acted
    Kobolds: 14--Acted
    Cleaver: 14--
    Tamarand: 13--

    Tondrek: 28/53 Surges: 10/10(13) AP: 1--Bloodied
    Rohna: 24/51 Resist 1, Surges: 13/13(12) AP: 0--bloodied--Mount -10hp
    Roswyn: 15/35 Surges: 7/7(8) AP: 1--Bloodied
    Cleaver: 25+5/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp
    Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
    D1: -40--bloodied
    D2: -51--bloodied
    D3 -10
    S1 -10
    S2 -5--marked by Rohna-
    W: dead
    M1-dead
    M2-dead
    M3-dead
    M4
    M5
    M6-dead
    X--Rolling staircase

  • #86
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    ° Ignore ukingsken
    Cleaver
    Made it in time to post!

    Cleaver - Male Warforged Barbarian 4
    Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
    AC: 18, Fort: 18, Reflex: 14, Will: 14 — Speed:6 (7 on mount)
    HP: 30/52, RES Damage 10, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 11/12
    Action Points: 0; Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Foe to Foe
    Howling Strike
    Swift Charge
    Avalanche Strike
    Combat Sprint
    Hammerfall
    Warforged Resolve
    Rage Drakes Frenzy
    Lifedrinkers Executioners Axe +1
    Bloodcut Hide Armor +1 Power
    Horned Helm


    Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast

    Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
    HP 59/69; Bloodied 34
    AC 16; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
    Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
    Bite (Standard, at-will)
    +7 vs Armor Class; 2d6+4 damage.
    Alignment Unaligned Languages --
    Str 19 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 9 (+1)
    Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0)


    Seeing Rohna pressed on all sides, Cleaver moves in to strike one of the armored kobolds while positioning himself for a strike against the javelin wielder. Without turning he shouts.

    Artificer, I am in need of repair. Perhaps you could be of assistance?

    Suddenly Cleavers armor glimmers a crimson red, and a sheen of blood red light covers him from head to toe, warding him against damage.
    Actions

    Move action to move to M13
    Standard action to attack D2 with Rage Drakes Frenzy 1d20+11=20,3d12+5=24 (1/2 on miss and now in rage)
    Minor action to activate Bloodcut Armor and gain resist damage 10 until end of next turn
    Last edited by ukingsken; Sunday, 23rd August, 2009 at 03:38 PM.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #87
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    ° Ignore Vertexx69
    When D3 moves away from Mitra, the ghostly bear strikes. Spirit Fang vs Ref=19, 1d10+1=7 and D3's movement is stopped right where it started, as the fighter's spirit companion latches onto the dragon shield's leg.

    OOC - OK I'll act on the presumption that the kobolds will act in the order you have them in the post.

    Rohna's HP are now at 28. (7 -1 resist all =6 dmg. 30hp+4THP -4 THP -2HP = 28hp.)

    D2 is marked by Rohna until end of next turn, not S2. So if he shifts when Cleaver moves up to him, Rohna gets IIA on him. If he doesn't shift we get Combat Advantage on him.

    Mitra needs to be added to the map at (O,13) as enemies cannot move through her space.

    Would I gain Temp HP when Spirit's Fangs is used since it is my opportunity action and it is a melee action as well?
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #88
    Looking upon the battlefield and the troubles his allies are going through, Tamarand shakes his head. The drow points at the kobold in the window and suddenly purple flames wreath the small humanoid, although harmless they provide a minor distraction that Tamarand meant to take advantage of. Pushing the lizard forward, the drow rides up next to Rohna's mount. "Must I do everything myself?" he says spitefully to the others.

    "Nature's flames destroy my enemies!" he calls out and suddenly a tornado of fire erupts from the drow, but the flames do not harm either his allies nor his mount, but rather the trio of kobolds around. The flames linger around the drow.

    OOC

    Minor: Darkfire on D3
    Move: to P,Q,15,16
    Standard: Flame's Spiral (Close Burst 2) - Vs REF (D3, M4, D2); Fire Damage; Adjacent Fire Damage (1d20+10=18, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=19, 1d10+11=17, 1d6=1) Hits D3 Red 18 for 17 damage, M4 crit for 32 fire damage (it's a minion isn't it ), and hits D2's Ref 17 for 17 fire damage.
    Crit dmg (2d12=11)
    Any enemy that starts adjacent (or moves adjacent) to Tamarand takes 1 fire damage (the 1d6 above).


    MiniMe

    Tamarand ŚMale Drow Sorceror 4
    Initiative: +6, Darkvision, Passive Perception: 1, Passive Insight: 11
    AC: 20*, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 19Ś Speed:6 (7 on mount)
    *Attacks from more than 5 squares away take -5 penalty.
    HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
    Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Acid Orb
    Blazing Starfall

    Racial Power (Cloud of Darkness,Darkfire)
    Bedeviling Burst
    Flame Spiral
    Spatial Trip

    Ice Javelins
    Skald's Leather Armour +1


    Mount

    Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
    HP 69; Bloodied 34
    AC 17*; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
    Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
    *+1 from light barding

    Bite (Standard, at-will)

    +7 vs Armor Class; 2d6+4 damage.

    Alignment Unaligned Languages --
    Str 19 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 9 (+1)
    Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0)


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #89
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    ° Ignore ryryguy
    Roswyn watches the drow conjure fire and grimaces. Fool! Doesn't he see the oil and flour on the shelves? That place could blow and kill everyone!

    The gnome looks up at the adjacent window sill, then towards the doorway, but sees that it is blocked by the warforged's mount. Again she grimaces, then tries to leap up through the window. Her head barely clears the sill, and she drops back down outside. She grits her teeth, backs up a few steps, and throws herself headlong at the opening...

    Actions
    Move: Acrobatics to get through window (1d20+2=5) (Ick.)
    Standard, convert to Move action: Acrobatics through window again (1d20+2=17) Assuming that makes it, Roswyn uses her remaining move to scurry over to E11.

    Fade Away
    Roswyn will use her Fade Away power if she is hit by any attack.

    Roswyn stat block
    Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 4
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
    AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19 -- Speed:5
    HP:20/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:7/7
    Initiative +2
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers: Cantrips, Phantom Bolt, Scorching Burst, Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Daunting Presence, Horrid Whispers, Majestic Word, Fade Away, Cloak of Resistance
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #90
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    ° Ignore stonegod
    Tondrek looks in confusion at all the blood from his new friends. He takes out a small vial, shakes it a bit, then tosses it at Little Big Girl; the arcane reagents strengthen her resolve. When Cleaver activates his armor, something Tondrek did also strengthens the 'forged. Meanwhile, Tondrek yells Stop that! at the slinger, and shoots of another bolt with his enchantment, and this time the shot explodes with magic power. He then gestures for Doggie to attack it, and the construct does so valiantly, but struggles making it over the cluttered shop floor.
    Action
    Tondrek is at 28; he's bloodied at 26 so he's not bloodied yet. Healing Infusion on Rohna. When Cleaver uses his armor's daily power, he gains 7 THP from Tondrek's Arcane Rejuvenation. Magic Weapon against S1: Crit for 17 hp. Assuming S1 is still up, Doggie charges S1 @ I6 (using Tondrek's Move action as a Standard, and bonuses from Magic Weapon): AC 13, 12 ho
    Tondrek
    TondrekŚMale Half-orc Artificer 6
    Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
    AC: 22, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 Ś Speed: 6, 8 when charging
    HP: 28/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 9/10; Half-orc Resilience
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
    Powers -
    Magic Weapon
    Static Shock

    Scouring Weapon
    Repulsion Strike

    Icebound Sigil
    Flameheart Defender

    Healing Infusion x2
    Swift Mender
    Furious Assault

    Regeneration Infusion
    Battle Staff +1 (daily)
    Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (encounter)
    Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
    Onyx Dog (daily)
    2 Clockwork Bombs
    2 Woundpatches
    2 ALchemist's Acids


    DoggieŚConstruct 4
    Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
    AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 Ś Speed: 8
    HP: 22/9; Bloodied 4

    Full character sheet
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • Closed Thread
    Page 9 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adventure 3 Final Encounter - SPOILERS - DM ONLY
      By merchantsteve in forum EN Publishing
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 17th August, 2009, 04:12 PM
    2. Write an Adventure - Make Money
      By 6d6fireball in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st April, 2009, 10:22 AM
    3. KotS Final Encounter: SPOILERS
      By Simplicity in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd May, 2008, 11:22 PM
    4. YB - Sanctus Togashi vs. Dirty Harry! Judge: Kalanyr
      By Creamsteak in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st August, 2002, 02:58 PM
    5. Mini Encounter Contest - Heat 8 [final primary round]
      By Morrus in forum Archive-threads
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: Monday, 17th June, 2002, 04:12 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •