[4e] The Dustbowl (QA) [Recruitment - OPEN(1)] (OOC)

renau1g

First Post
Well my DB has his breath weapon 1/encounter. That helps with minions, plus a burst at will & a burst 1 encounter. Stick should be our minion clearer ;)

eblue562

First Post
Looks good guys! Cabana, you can repost your character if you make any changes to him. We are still waiting on Fred to post his character. Once it's up and I can take a look at it, I'll have the first post up and running within a few days. I'm getting excited about the adventure!

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Here is Mialucus' sheet, Folks.

View attachment 41162
View attachment Mialucus.zip

Notable tweeks (noted as comments on the Excel sheet in the Zip):

1- "Force" descriptor on Sword Burst, Blazing Lunge, Frost Backlash and Lingering Lightning

2. Flavour text changes on various powers. Basically, they all now involve direct use of his weapon with no elemental damage associated. Lingering Lightning, for example, now involves growing his blade out to monstrous proportion and slashing multiple faraway enemies with one devastation stroke. The ongoing damage in this context is caused by untyped bloodloss rather than the suggested electrical sparkage.

3. A bit more dodgy so I'll understand if you veto this : The Growling Mask head item is functionaly half of a Circlet of Authority, i.e. it gives him +2 intimidate by actually *moving* over his face, showing teeth, making animal sounds, etc. The original circlet was Level 7 and gave +2 Intimifate and +2 Diplomacy. I figure the mask is therefore L3½ as far as cost is concerned. YMMV.

It's in Mialucus' backstory that, being overly cocky in his home city, he lost his nose in a perticulary brutal duel. Shamed, he fled, eventually finding the mask and a new identity amongst non-elves. i.e. he's going to be wearing a mask 24/7 anyway, so I thought it would be cool to make it a magical one. (Nickname #2: "Beastface Mialucus").

What do you think?

eblue562

First Post
Binder,

I looked through the character sheet and everything looks ok. A few quick responses to your tweaks:

1. I'll allow it, such that you have to take the necessary penalties for it. Creatures that have physical damage protection (resist 5 physical or something) will be resistant to your spells since they are actual attacks with a weapon (albeit in spell-like form). You will also be forced to hit your friends if they are within Line of Sight (LoS) of your attacks, so something to watch out for.

2. I'm unsure if the new AV2 has a +2 intimidate item available to it, or if there is another item that gives the same bonus. I'd much rather you purchase an item that give +2 intimidate and call it a different name. If you can't find such an item, then it should be fine. I'd be a little more weary if it added to damage rolls, etc, but +2 Intimidate shouldn't be too game breaking.

____

Interesting note on backstory though. I think the important thing is as we start the game is that characters can flesh out their backstory through the PCs themselves, such as off-cuff remarks and conversations had through the battles and rests. This gives the DM (me in this case) a lot of information to go off of, and story break points to help move the story right along!

I'll go ahead and add Binder's character to the list for now. Give me a few days to post the introduction post and after that we'll have at it!

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
You will also be forced to hit your friends if they are within Line of Sight (LoS) of your attacks, so something to watch out for.
How is this different from the other ranged power? (I'm assuming we're talking about an ally standing between the attacker and the intended target (i.e. no line of effect to the target), correct?).

Re the Mask, the Circlet of Authority is the closest thing I've found in the books I have (AV2 not presently being one of them). If somedody remembers something closer, please speak up now or forever etc, etc. ;)

eblue562

First Post
How is this different from the other ranged power? (I'm assuming we're talking about an ally standing between the attacker and the intended target (i.e. no line of effect to the target), correct?).

Ahhh, probably just a house rule I'm used to. Typically, some spells and whatever the DM considered "small" objects (ie knives, bolts), could typically be fired through the square a PC is without them having to take the attack. This might have been b/c of only having 3 people in the party, and the bow ranger wanted to stay back most of the time w/o being flanked. Or something. Obviously, for fireballs and blast radius spells that wasn't the case.

Binder Fred said:
Re the Mask, the Circlet of Authority is the closest thing I've found in the books I have (AV2 not presently being one of them). If somedody remembers something closer, please speak up now or forever etc, etc. ;)

No problem then. Won't worry about it. I'm pretty sure it's not game-breaking.

Last edited:

eblue562

First Post
The Dustbowlis now live! Everyone, please remember to read the OOC sblock below the introduction post (and every post I make, mostly) to get any specific instructions that does not fit inside the IC postings. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here.

For the introduction posts, the order doesn't matter so much. Whoever wants to post first, go right ahead. I will wait until everyone posts (or five days after I post, whichever comes first) and then continue the turn.

If you are not able to post for five days, you either follow your party (if not in combat) or take a full defensive action (if you are in combat). If you miss 4 consecutive turns (nearly three weeks) without letting me know you will be gone for an extended time, you will be put "Out of Commission" and I will re-open recruitement. This is to keep the adventure flowing as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for joining the Dustbowl Adventure! Happy posting!

One quick note. As I mentioned before, this is my first time doing a PbP RPG, so there is bound to be some things I miss. Please bear with me and I will do my best to get it right the first time, but will fix my mistakes as quickly as possible.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases