[4e] The Dustbowl (QA) [Recruitment - OPEN(1)] (OOC)

eblue562

First Post
Hmm, I like you suggestion about more frequent status updates, it would definitely make actions a lot easier for all of us. You guys post so frequently it'll be hard to keep up, but I'll definitely try my best!

Map updates aren't as bad as I thought there were going to be. It takes a little bit of sly manuvering but it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

renau1g

First Post
blue: I agree that if you can drop by the IC thread and post a minor update of whether PC's actions hit or miss really helps. If you want to update the map you can, but as cabana pointed out it is a bit of work (I don't in my games, just ask cabana ;)). It's easier on the players, but harder on the DM.

[sblock=cabana]
Glad to hear it. I hope to make attendance one of these years.
HoTF - meh it was actually brought up by Lord S (a fellow avenger no less) and after looking at it I thought hmmm.... let's see what Char Op forum has to say about this... then I had my eyes opened.

Sorry 'bout the shadows thing... 4e is much easier and much harder to run PBP.

Re:Stick - yeah, I picture the large dragonborn riding the grumbling, cowed dwarf (take that dragon killer!)... hehehe... I wanted to try the hybrid system out (as I love MC'ing in 3.5) and I love Warden and Sorceror classes (my favourite classes actually) so why not take 2 things I like and mash them together. They synch up very well together with the Str-based attack rolls and bonus Str dmg. I did struggle which hybrid talent to take though, because with the warden one I could get the equivalent of like 4-5 feats of proficiencies or the Font of Life (awesome ability, see our epic game) or the sorceror's cool stuff... I choose to focus a bit more on the sorceror one (especially as the cosmic sorceror really synchs up well for being in melee). I knew his AC would be too low without armour and I was too feat starved to get the proficiencies so I remembered the summoned plate armour... I either blast from range with blazing starfall or dragon's teeth, or close to melee and whack'em with my poison staff then don the armour and draw my marked prey in.... :)
[/sblock]

eblue562

First Post
blue: I agree that if you can drop by the IC thread and post a minor update of whether PC's actions hit or miss really helps. If you want to update the map you can, but as cabana pointed out it is a bit of work (I don't in my games, just ask cabana ;)). It's easier on the players, but harder on the DM.

Ok, yea I'll do that. It might actually end up being easier on me. Less people to keep track of in my own updates and monster actions.

Also, nice post Cabana. Will be interesting to see how the monsters (and players no less) react to that :)

eblue562

First Post
Sorry for the double-post, but wanted to re-bump this to make sure everyone got my message.

I will try to post the update this afternoon when I get home, but no guarantees. If not, Sunday by the latest the next round will be up. Hope you all have a good weekend :)

renau1g

First Post
Very good sir. As an FYI I very rarely post on weekends to IC threads. I'm away from my work PC most of the time and spend time with the family over the weekends (I have 2 young kids).

eblue562

First Post
Very good sir. As an FYI I very rarely post on weekends to IC threads. I'm away from my work PC most of the time and spend time with the family over the weekends (I have 2 young kids).

That is no problem by me. I mostly will post updates (if at all) on Fridays and throughout the week. I just recently got married so my weekends are usually spent with the wife working through things on our new house and stuff as well. I will always have the time to look at OOC threads but rarely will be able to update IC threads (save perhaps Sunday nights).

CaBaNa

First Post
No worries! Generally, folks on the boards are slow if posting at all on weekends.

Congrats on the recent nuptials!

eblue562

First Post
Thanks to both for the congrats :) It's a fun time to be living with being married and now becoming more involved in EN world in my spare time. Hopefully once I finish up my education it'll be even easier :p

eblue562

First Post
Once again double-post, but this one is more game related.

I'm noticing a little trouble with the Invisible Caste dice roller. I can't seem to access it at the moment. I'm hoping we can sort of bypass this by doing a few things:

When attacking, please say the name of the attack (it can be in the ooc too) This helps me to look up the information regarding the attack if I have questions about it.

Also, when linking back your rolls, please place the final result in your link as well as the damage too. This way, if IC is down and I can't see the result, at least I can use the link info to publish the next turn. See Legildur's ooc post as an example of that.

If IC is up soon, I should have most of the combat resolved and the post done within the end of the weekend.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases