[4e] The Dustbowl (QA) [Recruitment - OPEN(1)] (OOC)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Histories of the not so distant past

Hey there, folks. Been thinking about our past history as a party. I suggest the following:

The party has been questing for the sun fragments for the past year. Each fragment had a separate quest associated with it, the undead village mentionned by Rashka being one of the many, many surprises they found along the way. :)

Nature of the quest: From Eblue's opening post, it seems we're questing for a sun-based weapon/spell/artifact that's to be used against the Big Bad. Mialucus' in it for cash rewards and sheer thrills (with maybe a little friendship thrown in there for flavor), so who among us has a big bad they want to set up for the fall?

How the party came together: I'm guessing the group came together sometime before the begining of the current questing. Don't really have detailed background on anybody, so this is just off the top of my head:

- As a young elf Mialucus runs away after loosing face in a duel (litteraly).

- Meets up with Caden and Rashka in a big city, they hook up during an organized crime capper and he joins their already established Inquisitive team (solving tragedies, running on rooftops, beating up orcish/trollish/giantish gangs, saving the city from a mindflayer invasion, you name it, they did it).

- Meanwhile Roithe and Stick are having outdoorsy/dungeonny adventures up in the Northlands

- Signs and portents, the Big Bad is coming/waking/breaking his bonds. Has, in fact, been behind most of the trouble faced by both teams *while still far away/asleep/bound*! Kings offer rewards, send armies, armies get toasted. Time for heroes to assemble.

- Everybody meets up on the quest for the first fragment, say when the two teams both make their individual way to the secluded monastery near the town of Jurnae, where lies the Lost Library of Ages and its gardian sage.

What do you think? Just a rough outline, modify away to suit your character concepts, please. Main point to fill out = who/what is the Big Bad?

Suggestion: We could have had a sixth member at the begining (six sun fragments, six adventurers? Could be each fragment quest was geared towards a perticular adventurer's inner demons?) but he/she passed away in a suitably dramatic/heroic fashion along the way? Anybody interrested in having that has a motivator?

Last edited:

Cheub

First Post
I already have Roithe's history mapped out, I planned on him being mysterios and kinda the group outcast for a while and frequently seperates from the party for personal reasons. (you know, the guy that the other group member vouched for saying, "he's totally cool and not insane" but no one beleives him.) I was hoping his past would be more of an IC realization.

Binder Fred

Fair enough. Some details we would know though : How/when did Roithe meet (some of) the others for example? During one of the fragment quests? Earlier? Why do they think he is with them now?

eblue562

First Post
Oh, you mean Roithe is the guy Rashka keeps accusing of being the evil mastermind... HA HA HA

Now that would be the plot twist to kill them all! I like some of the character and plot hooks you put together Binder. To be honest with the QA format, I am hoping that you guys can put the plot together yourselves, with me providing the details along the way.

Don't worry, after this first round is over, you'll get a good taste of what is going on with the sun fragments. I have some great ideas for the next stage of the story :) It will also involve more RP!

By the way, I LOVE the fact that you guys are IC chatting with each other during the rounds. You are most welcome to do this with each other while waiting for my mini status updates or the beginning of a new round. Just refrain from doing any other major actions (free actions are welcome).

CaBaNa

First Post
By the by, it's likely that Rashka hooked up with a rogue, but solving the crimes, or committing them, that is questionable.

Rashka isn't goodly... Sure he follows Sune's strictures, but that doesn't make him good.

(I'm just waiting until he can use the Lover not a Fighter line...)

Binder Fred

I was going off the "pacifist" tag you have on Rashka.

I was seeing sort of a a hard-boiled PI vibe for the Inquisitive agency, solving conflicts instead of causing them (as most illegal activities are wont to do). Primary motivators would be the usual cash rewards (we weren't running a charity, that's for sure : paying clients only please), greater order in the city and lower risk than a purely illegal gig.

That said, I'm open : What would fit Rashka better in term of occupation? Mialucus is Good so evil activities are right out for him. Illegal ones on the other hand.... ;)

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
He won't injure anyone, causing harm is ok though...
I like the PI vibe, but I see Rashka more as a hang around the temple and stare at the pretty ladies.

He's a liar and a charlatan... Atheist.

Sune is just an idea to him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases