[4e] The Dustbowl (QA) [Recruitment - OPEN(1)] (OOC)

CaBaNa

First Post
I'll do my best to keep the OOC, OOC thread.

I enjoyed the opening posts description, it was a good jump off point.

eblue562

First Post
Thanks everyone :)

And like I told Legildur, it's not a problem CaBana. I just want to keep them separate as much as possible.

I have a question for both of you (or anyone else in the party who has DM'ed before in a PbP forum); is it ok to have the DM roll for initiative? I'm envisioning a situation where a player might initiate combat and rather than waiting for everyone else to roll, the DM responds with the NPC's action and rolls initiative for everyone to start the order of combat flowing smoothly (rather than waiting for everyone else to post a single line of text with their initiative roll). Is this kosher in a PbP, and would you guys be ok with it if I employed something like that?

Cheub

First Post
I need someone to explain how to make the little openable boxes on my posts, so for this OOC I'm just going to use this thread.

Not sure if I did this right, but I got a 17 Roll Lookup
for my perception.

Now for the OOC,
It was previosly known to the group that Roithe has amnesia. He did'nt go into detail about why. There is a reason but he does'nt want to get involved with telling anybody why just yet. This is the cause for him being disconnected from most of his surroundings at points of non-interest (On top of the fact he is Eladrin).

And sorry it took me so long to reply, I wanted everyone else to go first so I could get a feel for what the posts genrally look like, and I'm still in high school so there are large gaps of time I can't look at the forums.

renau1g

First Post
I need someone to explain how to make the little openable boxes on my posts, so for this OOC I'm just going to use this thread.

Not sure if I did this right, but I got a 17 Roll Lookup
for my perception.

Cheub, if you want to do the boxes

]sblock=OOC[
Type stuff here\
]/sblock[

*but reverse those brackets so they face in not out.

Cheub

First Post
Thanks guys. Very HTML-esque. I think I'll get the just of it.

So would I do around the same thing for different colored text or is it along the lines of #IUSD9990

Last edited:

eblue562

First Post
renau1g,

Thanks for the link to that thread. Thoroughly bookmarked. I'll read through it while as we go along. Also, thanks for the info about initiative. I figured it would be ok to do it, but I was a little worried about taking away from the immersion of the game.

Cheub, thanks for the awesome post! Should be pretty interesting to see how the player interactions pan out. A note about colors;

if you do [ color = (color) ] "text" [ / color ] (taking out necessary spaces), that should work for you. Also, you can type the text in the reply box and just click on the blue A up top of the message window. This should give you some options to color the text as well, and it does it without the html code.

I will have the next post tomorrow ready to go :)

renau1g

First Post
another option to consider blue, is for the PC's to roll a few sets of init in this thread and use them for the combats. My RL DM uses that, we roll 4-5 inits at the beginning of a session then he uses them to save time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases