[4e] The Dustbowl (QA) [Recruitment - OPEN(1)] (OOC)

eblue562

First Post
another option to consider blue, is for the PC's to roll a few sets of init in this thread and use them for the combats. My RL DM uses that, we roll 4-5 inits at the beginning of a session then he uses them to save time.

That is also a good idea. Maybe I'll use that for the second set of combats (after this first part of Dustbowl is over with).

Legildur

First Post
As a player in PbP games, I'm always happy for the DM to make all rolls and deliver the narrative (ie the results).

However, that requires one or two things to make it work. Firstly, that the player include all relevant modifiers (eg standard attack bonus + flanking). Secondly, or that the DM look at each character sheet to determine modifiers.

eblue562

First Post
Ok guys, the next post is ready, and it's a doozy! Please take your time to read it all so everyone can understand exactly what is going on. If you have any questions or I made something unclear, please go ahead and ask here in this OOC thread. GL and have fun posting :)

I also added in the "Current Status" sblock so everyone knows the status effects of their party and how much damage / status the monsters currently have on them. Easier for the cleric to heal, the stiker to kill, and generally easier for everyone.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
your image or video has been moved or deleted... poor old tree .jpg...

I like your DM style, it has great immersion and imagery for the PC's, but is still transparent enough that I'm not confused about what's going on.

I like the way you're handling init as well.

I'll post Rashka's moves in a bit, could Rashka walk around to stand atop the hut?

Last edited:

Cheub

First Post
Alright, lol. This just got too intense for me. I'm not exactly sure if I can be as detailed in my showblocks but I'll do my best to keep up. Remember, this is my first time playing online so any hints or tips to make it easier on me will help out alot. (And I might start stealing your Ideas, renau1g)

Also I'm wondering if teleporting behind a target grants combat advantage, or only if I do it with a hide check. Not sure, up to the DM. But I tried to build a stealth killer more than a ranged attacker so anytime I can get combat advantage I'm going for it.

eblue562

First Post
Alright, lol. This just got too intense for me. I'm not exactly sure if I can be as detailed in my showblocks but I'll do my best to keep up. Remember, this is my first time playing online so any hints or tips to make it easier on me will help out alot. (And I might start stealing your Ideas, renau1g)

Best advice I can give you is try to be as descriptive as you can, but don't overdo it. You can just say your actions as you go and get more confident in your skills, you can describe it more.

Also I'm wondering if teleporting behind a target grants combat advantage, or only if I do it with a hide check. Not sure, up to the DM. But I tried to build a stealth killer more than a ranged attacker so anytime I can get combat advantage I'm going for it.

I'm going to be pretty strict with this (since I play a rogue in a RL campaign). Since you go first before any creature in the first round, you automatically have combat advantage (CA) against any creature you attack this round. The other good tip is to us your party members! You're incredibly agile moving around and you can flank and use other status effects to get CA. Trust me, once you get the hang of flanking, you won't have to worry about combat advantage.

renau1g

First Post
Here you go Cheub. once you use an encounter power type [s ] before it and [/s ] after it (without spaces). Just hit Quote on my post and copy and paste the below

[sblock=Mini Stat]
Roithe, Eladrin Warlock
Initiative: +5; Passive Perception: 12 Passive Insight: 12
AC: 18--Fort: 13--Ref: 17--Will: 15--Speed: 6
HP: 45/45--Bloodied: 22--Surge: 11--Surges remaining: 6/6
Action Points: 1--Second wind: Not used
Powers:
Eye Bite
Eldritch Blast

Fey Step
Dreadful Word
Sneak Attack
Setup Strike
Ethereal Stride
Curse Of The Dark Dream
Hunger Of Hadar

[/sblock]

Cheub

First Post
lol, too late. I already copied and pasted it before I read your reply :p
Nice format though!

Is there a way to make it automatically show up in every post?

Last edited:

Legildur

First Post
And thank you very much Invisble Castle for using a d6 for my rolls instead of a d20..... :rant: How else do you explain following up on my initial 4 and 6 rolls, with a 5 and 3!!! However, if Caden does manage to hit AC18, then it was nearly maximum damage for him from that power.

As for initiative, I'm a little unsure how grouping the initiative (us and them) will work. It makes it hard as a player to assess the tactical situation when deciding on actions. Maybe that's a necessary limitation for PbP 4E?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases