Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder]Bestiary Preview

an_idol_mind

Explorer
Having icons for each monster is pretty cool. It will take a while for me to get used to it, but it should be a good reference tool eventually.

I was hoping for more flavor text per monster, but I guess that would be impossible without drastically reducing the number of creatures in the book.

Spatula

Explorer
Meh. The artwork & design is really good. But the same problems with the 3e statblocks are in full force. Take the lammasu, for example. It can cast: holy smite (how many dice of damage does this do for the lammasu's caster level? DC 17 vs which save? save negates? half? special?), prayer (buff apparently not factored into numbers), searing light (how much damage for the caster level?), bear's endurance (not factored in), resist energy (how much resistance at 7th caster level?), bless (not factored in), and divine favor (what + does this give at 7th level?). Monsters with spells are just an invitation for DM busy work that could have been taken care of in the statblock.

Meh. The artwork & design is really good. But the same problems with the 3e statblocks are in full force. Take the lammasu, for example. It can cast: holy smite (how many dice of damage does this do for the lammasu's caster level? DC 17 vs which save? save negates? half? special?), prayer (buff apparently not factored into numbers), searing light (how much damage for the caster level?), bear's endurance (not factored in), resist energy (how much resistance at 7th caster level?), bless (not factored in), and divine favor (what + does this give at 7th level?). Monsters with spells are just an invitation for DM busy work that could have been taken care of in the statblock.

Umm this critter is not in the preview ya know

Spatula

Explorer
Aha, I see. The link didn't work so I went to the Paizo site and tried to find the Bestiary preview myself, but apparently I grabbed the wrong file. Hopefully later I can download the real thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases